12x24 Mono

View previous topic View next topic Go down

12x24 Mono

Post  Blitter2011 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:05 am

Hi all,

I have opportunity to purchase a second hand UFO mono 24x12 coil. Just wondering if anyone has had much expereince with these and could give me a comparison between this coil and the new 14x24 that coiltek make now. Not sure whether to spend the extra and go the 14 or not. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Blitter2011
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts: 8
Registration date: 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 12x24 Mono

Post  dryblower on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi blitter. I have tried 2 second hand 24 x 12 ufo's on my 5000 and both were dissapointing.
I ended up buying a new 24 x 12 NF wich is a good coil.
The new coiltec 24 x 14 would also be a good choice .
I will say the epoxy filled ufo's (and 40" coilteks drag coils) are much more solidly constructed than the newer and cheaper made NFs and coilteks
DB

dryblower
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 69
Registration date: 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Gday Blitter2011,
Check your PM mate.

Back to top Go down

24 by 14

Post  used to be newbie on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 pm

G'day g'day all.
Just wondering if anyone has used the coiltek 24 by 14 coil?
I am looking to grab one of these if they're a decent coil.
I will be getting the 17 by 11 nf as well but with the 24 it would give me a bit more depth.
I'm just a bit hesitant with coiltek coils as last time I bought their 18 in round it was a failure.
Ive researched why that particular coil failed and found that the inner wiring was held in place with tape not that resin stuff.
So does anyone know if that problem has been sorted and secondly how does that coil run?
I will be using a 5000.
Any help muchly appreciated.

used to be newbie
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts: 106
Registration date: 2011-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:39 pm

used to be newbie wrote:G'day g'day all.
Just wondering if anyone has used the coiltek 24 by 14 coil?
I am looking to grab one of these if they're a decent coil.
I will be getting the 17 by 11 nf as well but with the 24 it would give me a bit more depth.
I'm just a bit hesitant with coiltek coils as last time I bought their 18 in round it was a failure.
Ive researched why that particular coil failed and found that the inner wiring was held in place with tape not that resin stuff.
So does anyone know if that problem has been sorted and secondly how does that coil run?
I will be using a 5000.
Any help muchly appreciated.

G'day used to be a newbie, firstly you should have returned the faulty coil as they are a reputable company and they would have repaired or replaced your coil... The newer Goldstalker coils seem to be a very good coil I have the 14"x9"x2, 18"x12" and as I said they are a great coil... I do find the 18"x12" is a little touch sensitive when it hits rocks but I can live with that... If you do have a problem I suggest you get in touch with them and they will sort it out for you... Yes I use the 5000 as well... Hope this helps... Sorry I don't have the 24"x14" but I can't see a lot of difference with the operation of the 2 coils except for weight and depth...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Live long and prosper.......... cheers

Mike54
Management

Number of posts: 3754
Registration date: 2012-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  used to be newbie on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:55 pm

G'day mike,
Thanks very much on replying. Yes I should have returned the 18 but as I had heard the coil wiring weren't sealed in with I think it's epoxy resin or something I put it down to that.
Whenever I used it, even the most slightest bump would produce noise.
Do you have any info as to if their coils are now def sealed in?
I'm not trying to rubbish coiltek at all as I'm looking at their products again but just don't want to get one then go bush and then find out they are still very touch sensitive.
Hopefully there may be a forum member who has a 24 by 14 or has used one with some info.
Again any help appreciated.

used to be newbie
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi Used to be a newbie,

Send a PM to "Coiltek Manufacturing" here and no doubt you will find out what you need to know from the horses mouth so to speak. Leave your phone number too, they are very approachable. Wink

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 498
Registration date: 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Coiltek Manufacturing on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi to all,

Used to be a newbie,,,, we are here to discuss your new coil opportunity with you.

Feel free to drop me a line to talk over some options if you would like otherwise I am happy to respond to your email if you wish.

Our 24x14" GOLDSTALKER Mono is quite a stable coil. Just remember that with larger coils you have a larger receiver so noise and touch sensitivity is also attributed to external interference.

It is a deep searcher with good sensitivity so will work well as a patch finder or a general swinger if the terrain permits. It weighs around a kilo so is very lightweight for its size!

You can email me at ctmenquiry@coiltekmanufacturing.com.au

Regards,
Trevor

Coiltek Manufacturing
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 46
Registration date: 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  used to be newbie on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Mechanic wrote:Hi Used to be a newbie,

Send a PM to "Coiltek Manufacturing" here and no doubt you will find out what you need to know from the horses mouth so to speak. Leave your phone number too, they are very approachable. Wink

Cheers Mick
Thanks heaps mick. I see another response direct from coiltek so will message them now.
I reckon that was pretty good of em to go to that trouble.

used to be newbie
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Used to be a newbie,
when ya find out if the wiring is now potted in resin or not in the 24x12, can ya please let us know.... no point in trevor getting the same question over and over.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  used to be newbie on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Will do for sure fj. Just sent my number through so will wait for call. Wasn't sure what Trevor's number is.

used to be newbie
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  used to be newbie on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:28 pm

G'day I spoke to Trevor from coiltek who has assured me that coils from coiltek are now potted and have been for approx 18 months.
So will be grabbing the 24by14 to try in areas I have in mind.
Was also assured if any probs with their products that it would be sorted out without any dramas. But sounds as though whatever issues coiltek may have had, have been rectified.
Looking forward to trying this particular coil.

used to be newbie
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

thanks for the info mate....

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top