Downloaded Tengraph maps on to Ozie-explorer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded Tengraph maps on to Ozie-explorer

Post  calcretekid on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 am

Hi guys and girls,I am having trouble trying to get ozie explorer and tengraph tenement maps on the same page so to speak.I am sure it is possible just need the right path to get pdf files converted to jpeg I think.I have downloaded the maps from my email as you do and saved them into my documents but ozie cant locate them.Hope you are all pulling plenty of nuggets.They are out there for any minelab model to find.I have 2100,gp3000,gp3500 and gpx 4500 and they all find the yellow stuff.I agree with the fact there is still plenty there,no such thing as all worked out.Impossible to cover all the ground.I am still finding nuggets on a small patch.I have not gridded it because I can go there and always find some gold with any on my detectors.Any way hope someone here can shed some light on the tengraph ozie explorer for me.Keep those nuggets rolling in.
Regards Calcrete Kid
Bill Judd.

calcretekid
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Downloaded Tengraph maps on to Ozie-explorer

Post  burnie on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Save the file to paint as a jpg and copy from there

burnie

burnie
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi Bill;
I have been trying to get some PDF files into Oziexplorer myself.

From what I have been told, you need to get a PDF converter program to convert the file to Jpeg, Gif or Tif.
All three are recognized by Oziexplorer. Bitmap or BMP files are recognized but not recommended as they are too large.
I haven't been able to do this myself as yet so will be interested to find out if my informant is correct or if you find another way.

Regards
Scrat

Back to top Go down

Post  Topcat on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi Bill,

If you have adobe Photoshop then use this program to convert to jpeg,gif or tif.
With this program you can also enhance the image file to your liking & colour.
If you want to reduce the file size after you have calibrated it in OziExplorer then use the
OziExplorer converter Image2Ozf freely available from Oziexplorer.

Cheers

Ted
Topcat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.havewheelswilltravel.iinet.net.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:43 am

Converting Maps which are in PDF format to images which can be used in OziExplorer

OmniFormat is a free document conversion utility which can be used to convert maps in PDF format to one of the supported image formats.
Note: OmniFormat requires that Pdf995 - also FREE - be installed.
Installation instructions
1. Download and install Pdf995 Free Converter. (OmniFormat cannot be installed without Pdf995 installed first).
1. download and install Pdf995 Printer Driver
2. download and install the free converter.
Get the two Pdf995 downloads from here
3. Download and install OmniFormat
Download Omni Format here
Instructions for using the converter
4. Run OmniFormat (Note: the free version has several advertising popup windows.)
5. Click on Options and change the resolution of the converted image to the required setting - the higher the value the better quality image produced.
6. Click "ok" to close the Options dialog.
7. Select the Output Format PNG format is a good choice.
8. Click the "Start Monitoring" button.
9. Copy the PDF maps to the OmniFormat "watch" folder (C:\Program Files\Omniformat\Watch). Any PDf which is copied to the "Watch" folder will be converted to the selected format.
10. Note: If you want to change the format to another image format, STOP Monitoring first, change the format and Start Monitoring again.
11. After copying the PDF to the Watch folder the conversion process will begin, the converted file will be saved into the Watch folder and the copied PDF will be deleted.

Back to top Go down

Conversion or PDF to JPEG

Post  calcretekid on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:45 am

Thanks Burnie,Scrat,Ted and Gypsy for your input on this.I think the conversion program is the way to go.Having a virtual printer in the laptop would do what I need.I will give it a go tonight when I get back from detecting today.Thanks again for your help on this matter,now I will be able to have up to date tengraph maps for moving maps.
Gypsy,how did the detecting championships at coolgardie go.I would have come there but I work at the superpit and could not get there.Hope you had a great time.I am a member of APLA also and I cant always get to meetings cos of work commitments.
Thanks again for your help
Bill
calcrete kid.

calcretekid
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

maps

Post  Mal Kent on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi Guys .. As a complete beginner can anybody give me info on how to download maps from the internet pn where to go to start detecting and info wher egold has been found.
Hope this is not to much of a request but as mentioned I am a beginner and don't realy no where to start.

Cheers
Mal Kent
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi,
if you come across over to this site i have uploaded heaps of waypoints of gold areas and have many links to maps etc

Gypsy's Gold Detecting Site

cheers Gypsy

Back to top Go down

converting maps

Post  rabs on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 am

As long as the map you are converting has grid references then save as JPEG (thats what I use Anyway) open the map in Ozi and click on calibrate map, make sur you have the correct datum and south of the equator, mark at least 4 references and save, you will now have a calibrated map for Ozi, If you are having trouble email it to me and Ill convert it for you

Cheers

Rabs
rabs
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down