Politics of gold & prospecting

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Politics of gold & prospecting

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Slagheap! wrote:They shall be watching with technology and more rangers!
I would not be surprised to see drones before the decades out!

Already fisheries officers are using them to police fishing restrictions in Marine Parks.
The drones will tag you with an infra red laser dye containing details of the infraction and the cameras built into everything will compile info for the enforces to enforce. Makes you want to flaunt the law while you still can. Haha just joking. No such thing as drones. It's a conspiracy theory. Move along nothing to see here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:18 pm

At the moment some animal rights groups fly drones with high def cameras over farmers properties. The airspace they can use is above 10 meters and below 30 meters. Legally this is not breaking the privacy laws here in Australia. They only cost the same as 2 x5k's.
Here is an excerpt:

Animal Liberation activists have dramatically stepped up their campaign against intensive livestock production, with their first official investigation using a hexacopter drone to capture aerial footage. 

The animal rights charity purchased a $14,000 aircraft earlier this year and had it fitted with a $3,000 high-definition video camera, stabilisers and a 10-times zoom lens.

"It gives the opportunity to document from above 10 metres and below 30 metres, and it is lawful," said Animal Liberation NSW executive director Mark Pearson.

"So the key to the remote-controlled device is that it's actually vision that's obtained without trespass, it's obtained lawfully in our airspace so what it documents is something that can be used by all the authorities, police and the courts."

Last edited by Waveform on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:22 pm

What part of Russia do we belong to !!! 36 inch barrels magnum black ranger cartridges !! Lol! Must get new glasses ,could have sworn it was a swarm of mossies ! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Give it twenty years and the nano tech drones will be smaller than mozzies. Hahahaha. We all doomed. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 pm

[quote="Waveform"]At the moment some animal rights groups fly drones with high def cameras over farmers properties. The airspace they can use is above 10 meters and below 30 meters. Legally this is not breaking the privacy laws here in Australia. They only cost the same as 2 x5k's.

What about the privacy laws that say you can`t perve on me on my property ? What I do with my sheep is my business lol! 
The CFA has just announced they are using drones this fire season,but that is ok with me. The CFA are there to do a job.

One thing that could happen if parks are scrutinised more is putting in covert cameras in trees with sensors & links to a control base to monitor them.That`s a whole other topic for another day.

HH

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 pm

One thing that could happen if parks are scrutinised more is putting in covert cameras in trees with sensors & links to a control base to monitor them.That`s a whole other topic for another day.

Mate it's happening now !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:39 pm

I know they do have cameras ,but thought they had to physically check them as opposed to viewing footage offsite .
Awhile ago I was In thick scrub looking for a particular mine & walked past a galvanised steak with red paint on the top of it. Looked totally out of place & even looked new. Could that have been a marker for a camera ? Reckon I could nearly find it again to see if there is one.

HH

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Waveform wrote:At the moment some animal rights groups fly drones with high def cameras over farmers properties. The airspace they can use is above 10 meters and below 30 meters. Legally this is not breaking the privacy laws here in Australia. They only cost the same as 2 x5k's.
Here is an excerpt:

Animal Liberation activists have dramatically stepped up their campaign against intensive livestock production, with their first official investigation using a hexacopter drone to capture aerial footage. 

The animal rights charity purchased a $14,000 aircraft earlier this year and had it fitted with a $3,000 high-definition video camera, stabilisers and a 10-times zoom lens.

"It gives the opportunity to document from above 10 metres and below 30 metres, and it is lawful," said Animal Liberation NSW executive director Mark Pearson.

"So the key to the remote-controlled device is that it's actually vision that's obtained without trespass, it's obtained lawfully in our airspace so what it documents is something that can be used by all the authorities, police and the courts."
Those little drones would make for great target practice. Laughing 
I think cameras can already be stuck on flies. Be a rough old ride but because those drongoes are always banging into things. clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 pm

I see Clive P is trying for Prime Minister Q25 Q35 and is spending big money on an tv campaign. Sleep Sleep He can't be serious ? Right ?? scratch scratch 
It actually looks like he has a significant following with 6% of the Polling (Protester votes)votes. I wonder what the united party would be like in the Senate. jocolor  Although any other party would be better than the Greens. They are not doing anything to stop the ACT Land developer butchers.

If we all lived in this country in the manner the Greens would have us living, this country would be very quickly over run by any one of the Third World but very well armed, countries. I mean afterall, Australia has the total military might of a small to medium size (By Aussie standards)country city.
We couldnot withstand an invasion of down town Patchewollock Rolling Eyes  let alone an invasion of Australia.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:39 pm

I told yez blokes that Clive P was going to catch a good percentage of votes. He's even doing better than the Greens..... Which I guess is not all that difficult to do Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Some of the results coming in now?
Just checked and learn't something i did not know!
Most of the area covered by the famous golden triangle is held by the ALP??????Mad 
Looks like staying that way?

So gold made the district with historic mining and now the party that hates mining with passion controls the district?
No wonder we have such a hard time fighting to retain our rights to prospect?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Flaming heck!! It's beginning to look like I will be pushing up daisies before I get a chance to find some decent nuggs. pale Sad Q10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Slagheap! wrote:Some of the results coming in now?
Just checked and learn't something i did not know!
Most of the area covered by the famous golden triangle is held by the ALP??????Mad 
Looks like staying that way?

So gold made the district with historic mining and now the party that hates mining with passion controls the district?
No wonder we have such a hard time fighting to retain our rights to prospect?
Why would folks down that way vote Labour when they have all but obliterated Australia's farming and fruit industry. scratch scratch

A bit later in the night:

Well there you go, Clive Palmer and Pauline Hansen have a seat in parliament. The sparks will be flying now. Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post  onthehunt on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Waveform wrote:At the moment some animal rights groups fly drones with high def cameras over farmers properties. The airspace they can use is above 10 meters and below 30 meters. Legally this is not breaking the privacy laws here in Australia. They only cost the same as 2 x5k's.
They are much cheaper than that these days. Especially if you build them yourself.

I own two drones myself.

Here is a pic of one of mine. It is completely autonomous. I program it to fly a route just by clicking on waypoints in Google Earth, and it flies to each of my GPS waypoints, at whatever altitude I choose for each waypoint, and then returns home and lands itself at the takeoff position. It can also drop two seperate payloads at predefined waypoints/altitude, all autonomously. Here is a pic, I've currently got it rigged up to drop two soft toy plastic bombs:

Here is a pic of my other one with one of my high definition gopro camera attached:

And here is a short video from one of my drones, watch it in high definition:

They are great fun but certainly do raise some privacy issues as you can see in my video.

I have a set of goggles that I use that streams the video from the drone live to my video goggles, so I see what the drone see's in real time, as well as it being recorded in HD.

onthehunt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:00 am

Yeahhhh, moving targets are fun Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  onthehunt on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:02 am

You can shoot at my drone all you like, but take it down quickly because if you miss I will drop 2 x 1kg payloads onto your head from 2000 meters Smile

onthehunt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:57 am

I love the drone , Onthehunt.

Can you possibly rig up lights on it & fly it through a mineshaft or tunnel ? That would come in really handy if it did.

HH

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:32 am

Nice stuff. I have recently bought a remote control simulator so I can learn to fly RC helicopters. I have always wanted one. What are the range of those rigs you have and flight times? Cheers

Last edited by Waveform on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post  onthehunt on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:51 am

My transmitter has a range of 2km. I use the same transmitter for both drones. The autonomous drone can be programmed to fly out of range and use a GPS flight plan. Both can be programmed to automatically return to landing point if they fly out of range. I turn that off in autonomous mode.

Flight time for the smaller white one is about 10 min, and for the larger hexa is about 12-15 min. Or 22 min if I put an extra battery on it.

onthehunt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  onthehunt on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:59 am

By the way, these new multirotors are very easy to fly. Nothing like the older RC helicopters. Anyone can fly these first go. They have flight control computers built into them with gyros, compasses, GPS, altimeters, all kinds of sensors. If you let go of all the controls on your transmitter, they use GPS to stay in that exact position and hover there, waiting for more input.

In fact, I have never crashed either of them.

onthehunt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:19 am

Thanks for the info. They look like fun until they are everywhere and used to control the population by a crazed Gov. Imagine what tech another 30 years will bring. What a Face  We will all be allocated our own personal over watch to keep us on the straight and narrow, streaming hd footage and audio of us 24/7 to the AI headquarters. Shocked  All the pictures on FB are already being tagged and scanned with facial recognition software. I'll have to leave it there as I can hear the buzzing of a drone at my window affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:48 am

onthehunt wrote:You can shoot at my drone all you like, but take it down quickly because if you miss I will drop 2 x 1kg payloads onto your head from 2000 meters Smile
HEH,HEH,HEH. GAAARN admit ut that think couldn't lift a pkt a smokes from Coles. Q14 Q18 Q41 The white one looks cool but. Liked the vid.
Mine is a RC job that bangs ut's way around me lounge room. Q24 Q24

Back to top Go down

Post  onthehunt on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:37 am

Adrian SS wrote:
onthehunt wrote:You can shoot at my drone all you like, but take it down quickly because if you miss I will drop 2 x 1kg payloads onto your head from 2000 meters Smile
HEH,HEH,HEH. GAAARN admit ut that think couldn't lift a pkt a smokes from Coles. Q14 Q18 Q41 The white one looks cool but. Liked the vid.
Mine is a RC job that bangs ut's way around me lounge room. Q24 Q24
Lift a packet of smokes? Check this out at, fast forward to 09:36

onthehunt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Holy moly! Awsome DUUUUDE!!
Now do a clip lifting the bottles again and then jettison them. Laughing Should have a good rate of climb clown 

Back to top Go down

Post  onthehunt on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:51 pm

HUSH HUSH wrote:I love the drone , Onthehunt.

Can you possibly rig up lights on it & fly it through a mineshaft or tunnel ?  That would come in really handy if it did.

HH
Yeah you could but not autonomously you would have or fly it manually. It needs good GPS signal which you wouldn't get in a tunnel.

onthehunt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

mining reg.

Post  Dutchy on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Three of us pegged a 10ha SPL over a EL the mines dep. told us ok. Very Happy 
We've been to a hearing 4 times , no sign of the mining comp. Evil or Very Mad 
Too far for them to travel , every time we go 600 km.
Fair go, let the little bloke have a go. Cool 
Last time we seen the mining Warden the company wants to negotiate,but won't answer phone calls,or return e-mails.
the small time miner got no hope.
cheers

Dutchy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down