Tarantula 18" round

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tarantula 18" round

Post  Hermann on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi All, Anybody out there tried this new Tarantula coil? Any thoughts about it? website: Pulsemate coils.web.com Cheers, Hermann.

Hermann
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Tarantula 18" round

Post  Digginerup on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Hermann wrote:Hi All,  Anybody out there tried this new Tarantula coil?  Any thoughts about it?   website: Pulsemate coils.web.com      Cheers,  Hermann.
Oh! it's a coil!...I thought it was going to be another thread like the BIG CAT story but about a huge spider Rolling Eyes 

Wayne.cheers 
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2374
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Just bought the 18" - seems very sturdy and well built. Intending to go over ground where I have pulled some decent nuggets out of to see if it picks anything up my 11" Commander and 15" NF have missed..Hope to give it a run for 3 days.

Last edited by ROCKDOC69 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-04-21

http://www.russellhalden.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:43 am

Good luck Rockdoc and it be interesting to see how you go.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4996
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:35 am

Tarantula 18" - went up on the weekend, didn't start very well as I accidently stood on my coil when packing up the car!! - Didn't budge! Then when got up there dropped a log on it, again no crunchy sound - this thing is durable!!
'Wort', my gold whisperer mate, got on early Saturday and picked up over 8.6 gram in 4 pieces on a ridge he had his eye on for some time. During the course of 10hours Wort and Chris11330 gridded the ridge without any further success and I decided at 11pm to have a go with the new 18" Tarantulla coil...Coil was very smooth and quiet  - I knew if there was any gold here I would find it and sure enough got a very nice clear signal which resluted in a 6" hole in clay and a 2.89g nugget... I have video but can't load it yet-shows how smooth this coil runs..

Good points - Finds GOLD!
Coil is sturdy and runs VERY smooth and quiet.
Pushes thru the leaf litter really well. Seems to stay ground balenced for long time..
Bad points - Maybe my harness wasen't set up properly, but after awhile I was feeling that weight 0f 980g -heavy.
The 'spokes' hook up more often than I would like on sticks and bush roots..
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Good report Rocdoc. It's good that you picked up a bit of gold, very promising. You say it felt heavy at 980gms, but to me that would be heaven as my coil is somewhere around 1260gms. The hooking up in the sticks is the unfortunate part of having a spoked coil, but it is lighter than having it a solid. Love to see the vid when you put it up.
Cheers
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Tarantula Coil used with GPX4500

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Here's 1st effort with the Tarantula. Looking forward to finding some deeper targets...
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Tarantula coil

Post  Hermann on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:59 am

Hi All, A couple of months ago I bought this 18" Tarantula coil, nice looking coil and very well built. The performance of this coil was on par with the 18" NF coil. However, the weight, 1240gm was too heavy for this old bloke, so I sold it to a fellow with bigger muscles. Rockdoc, did you actually weigh your coil? Cheers, Hermann.

Hermann
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Hey ROCKDOC,congratulations on your find and apart from the weight factor,looks and sounds like a very stable and robust coil design. 10 points for persisting with that high level of threshold though,for it would have sent me off the nearest cliff hearing that constant high pitch buzz all day. Laughing 

Cheers Kon.
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4996
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Good point Hermann - No I haven't weighed it...Kon that high pitch threshold is probably the 'Rooster Booster' amplification!? You're right after 3 hours detecting, I can still hear it in my sleep...
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top