GARRETT ATX ????????

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GARRETT ATX ????????

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Just wondering if anybody has tried the ATX yet in our Australian conditions.
Or if there are any dealers within 4hrs of sydney that would let me give it a trial if its good Ill purchase it on the spot.
I'm happy to leave a deposit worth the same as the detector.
I am very interested in the new detector but have some reservations after my disappointment in the infinium.

Back to top Go down

Re: GARRETT ATX ????????

Post  golden on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi Aurumpro,
These guys are in Vitoria but give them a call just to get some info.

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t17074-garrett-atx

GoldEN

Nobody is perfect. I am nobody.

golden
Management

Number of posts: 2234
Registration date: 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:07 pm

You seen this topic Aurumpro? http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t17077-atx-demos-at-the-goanna-muster-in-hill-end-this-weekend Could be interesting if you could attend.

...live long and prosper prospect!

CostasDee
Management

Number of posts: 2922
Registration date: 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks guys Ill give that goanna mob a call see if I can arrange a test

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:29 am

ATX videos.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1978439

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1970108

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1968537

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1970133

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/garrett_atx_introducing_lowres.pdf

Here is the manual:

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/1534000_atx_manual_rev_a.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:23 am

If this machine is as good as it says it is, you never know but Minelab may have to bring it self forward in releasing their new gold machine earlier than 12 months plus away that was mentioned in an earlier topic. Very Happy  I do like the way the new Garrett machine folds up into a compact unit. Q27 

wombat Wink

Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 2535
Registration date: 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:23 am

Wombat wrote:If this machine is as good as it says it is, you never know but Minelab may have to bring it self forward in releasing their new gold machine earlier than 12 months plus away that was mentioned in an earlier topic. Very Happy  I do like the way the new Garrett machine folds up into a compact unit. Q27 

wombat Wink
I to really like the new platform and it also comes in my favoret color Exclamation 
But performance is paramount It dose not have to slay the 5000 in my opinion it just has to bring a different dimension or do one thing better than the 5000 like say: discriminate better or pick up certain target better and 2 of them will make it in to my prospecting arsenal.
I just hope and pray that its not all just hype like in the past with the infinium which was thoroughly disappointing.
So I hope you can understand my reservations when it comes to purchasing another garrett PI.
But it looks positve so far in the American videos I've been watching, but so did the infinium.

I have no allegiance to minelab I'm just after the best technology I can get my hands on.
And I hope and pray its here in the ATX

Last edited by aurumpro on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:29 am

Adrian SS wrote:ATX videos.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1978439

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1970108

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1968537

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1970133

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/garrett_atx_introducing_lowres.pdf

Here is the manual:

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/1534000_atx_manual_rev_a.pdf

Thanks for the links mate
particularly the operators manual.
It seems very simple to use........I don't know weather this is a good thing or not though scratch 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:15 am

I think that as with the Infinium, simplicity is good.

The ATX can be an efficient gold finder without the complications of having to choose the correct coil, the correct timing, the correct sensitivity, etc.
The detector appears to have made it easy to find gold large or small while being inexspensive to operate. (No lithium batteries with other circuitry involved) No need for signal enhancers, No need for a huge range of coils to add to the confusion of newbies and oldies alike. No need to worry whether you have the correct timing selected for the type of ground and gold size being detected.
The fact that the detector can be folded to minimum size and still function is excellent.

All we need to know is whether it can handle our hot ground.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Adrian
I hope your right.....but my past experience with the infinium in our conditions in comparison to the gp3000 that was current at the time of the infinium release the gp3000 was a WAY better detector in all conditions and it was pretty simple to use too.

I too like things to be simple but all those settings on the 5000 is what make it such a versatile "deadly" detector
I wouldn't be able to make a living if it wasn't for all those settings that allow me to fine-tune the detector for what I'm doing.
I rely on my detector to put food on the table so I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Have you seen any videos of anyone using the 20in coil and what kind of performance it has on 2oz to 30oz slugs?

It greatly interests me on the overall performance that the detector has on our ground on various targets with their optional coils.

Like I said earlier It doesn't have to slay the 5000 it just has to add a different dimension to become part of my prospecting arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Waveform on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:51 am

Well I my opinion it won't come close to the GPX in our soils. My reasoning is if it was capable and could come close to the GPX in our soils then we would have seen many videos from Garret doing head to heads. They would be comprehensive videos which showed the settings and functionality of the unit in undisturbed ground on real targets against the 5K on the same targets with similar sized coils and properly set up. Even if there were legal issues they could still easily have someone else do them on their behalf. Think about it, they are releasing a new unit which cost a fair bit more than there other units but we can't get many videos of the units in action. Some uncut videos of targets from start to finish, throw in some side views on the coil height over targets, show some ground balancing on tough soils. Ones I have seen where they GB they quickly cut away from it instead of showing its holding well. If it did work I could do a much better job of showing people it's power than they have and I'm only new to prospecting. My 2cents. I hope to be proven wrong.

Waveform
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 969
Registration date: 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:57 pm

I think we may find that it has very good depth on the larger nuggs but the small nugg sensitivity appears to be estremely good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi Adrian
I really hope so mate as I reallllllllly wana buy a new detector!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:07 pm

hey aurumpro, I understand your feeling on this new atx. but my concern is the after sales support and if anything goes wrong.......who fixes the thing. I hope in the near future we hear a lot more about the atx and what it can really do......so mate, get out there and get one, that way we all will have a honest report. cheers Smile 

flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 692
Registration date: 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Flyspecks
I'm not to concerned with after sales support as I got the trusty 5000 to fall back on, my main concern is wasting my hard won money on another let down of a detector like I did with the infinium.
For me its all about performance and functionality in various conditions.

Back to top Go down

-garrett-atx ??????

Post  blisters on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:33 pm

hi mate,word on the ground is it goes deeper than the 5k,with better sensitivity at depth, and can handle mineralized ground ? bud I will wait till you test the new machine before I pull out the cheque book.Smile 

blisters
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1867
Registration date: 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:50 pm

blisters wrote:hi mate,word on the ground is it goes deeper than the 5k,with better sensitivity at depth, and can handle mineralized ground ? bud  I will wait till you test the new machine before I pull out the cheque book.Smile 
Hi mate
I heard that it was pretty good from the dealers that I spoke too today .................but they are trying to sell a product.
Only proper real world testing will tell.

Last edited by aurumpro on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:51 pm

North Queensland Explorers has done a couple of you tube videos of it in OZ. Full pack costs $4K aussie, and Id be waiting until it proves itself on the yellow stuff here before putting down the hard earned.

GemQ
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 39
Registration date: 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

-garrett-atx ??????

Post  blisters on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:19 pm

hi aurumpro,,yeah mate word on the ground is that the atx goes deeper than the 5 k with more sensitivity at depth? and can out preform the 5k on mineralized ground? I will wait till you test it first bud before I pull out the cheque book Smile but mate before you do, I forgot to mention while you were out swinging to check on post on your 30/30 review it wasn't pretty.

blisters
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

-garrett-atx ??????

Post  blisters on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 pm

GemQ wrote:North Queensland Explorers has done a couple of you tube videos of it in OZ. Full pack costs $4K aussie, and Id be waiting until it proves itself on the yellow stuff here before putting down the hard earned.
hi gemq, north queensland explorers?? could you put up a link?

blisters
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:30 pm

blisters wrote:hi aurumpro,,yeah mate word on the ground is that the atx goes deeper than the 5 k with more sensitivity at depth? and can out preform the 5k on mineralized ground? I will wait till you test it first bud before I pull out the cheque book Smile but mate before you do, I forgot to mention while you were out swinging to check on post on your 30/30 review it wasn't pretty.
I could not find it scratch 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:32 pm

blisters wrote:
GemQ wrote:North Queensland Explorers has done a couple of you tube videos of it in OZ. Full pack costs $4K aussie, and Id be waiting until it proves itself on the yellow stuff here before putting down the hard earned.
 hi gemq, north queensland explorers?? could you put up a link?
Its not even worth watching they are just showing basic functions

Back to top Go down

-garrett-atx ??????

Post  blisters on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:38 pm

hi mate, most probably lucky you carn,t,it was not in the best taste from some members. Sad 

blisters
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Surely this thing has to have some balls to it!!!???
Garrett cant afford to have egg on their face twice!!!
If its just a tweaked infinium who's up for a Garrett Omelette?

goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 297
Registration date: 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  ARARAT on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:52 am

blisters wrote:north queensland explorers?? could you put up a link?

ARARAT
Management

Number of posts: 2010
Registration date: 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:58 am

Looks like those video links I put up don't work any more because the yank forum has deleted them Shocked 

Back to top Go down

GARRET ATX ?????

Post  gusbus67 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:00 am

The tests are starting to come in now the ground has dried up and a lot quieter now in the GT.Would've preferred to see them done in the winter months.
Regards. Ron.

gusbus67
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts: 17
Registration date: 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  turiya Herem on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:39 am

The ATX has been branded a "Reboxed Infinium" by one Aussie dealer. Others have said that you have to buy the 20" coil to use it for gold - which Garrett call the "Deepseeker Package". US dealer Rob Allison is warning his customers not to compare it with the GPX because it's not in the same league. he describes it as an "entry level PI". also he says "I would say the Infinium LS, White's TDI and the Garrett ATX will all be in the same ballpark as mid-line Pulse Induction metal detectors "

but I found this online from an online discussion that might bear interest

[QUOTE] "Unlike the GPX, the ATX will have only one timing. The goal is to get the ATX to be better on small gold than the Infinium, which was really lacking in that regard. Yet, to do that, problems with hot rocks and salt water are accentuated. These problems can be offset by lowering the sensitivity or increasing the pulse delay (discrimination) but then the sensitivity to small gold drops off. Vicious circle stuff. Minelab sidesteps by offering up the timing options which are custom sets of multiple pulse delay options designed for specific situations. Any time you try and do everything with one timing, you are going to hit a wall.

Anyway, I hope they take all the time they need to get it right. I am not much interested in playing with prototypes - I am waiting on a finished product. I doubt Garrett will find a much fairer audience than with me, the flip side being I will also hold them to task for weaknesses in the unit as I have pretty high expectations for it after waiting ten year for a follow up to the Infinium. Surely the day will come when I can honestly tell people that there is a US made detector that is at least as good as a used SD 2100!

The reverse discrimination thing drives me nuts. It simply assumes weak signals have a better chance of being gold and strong signals trash. It is absolutely useless in areas where large nuggets lurk
"

The release date for the ATX has been pushed back again. One Aussie dealer is said to be pricing the "Deepseeker Package" at $3999 here. Some are suggesting $3399.

My money is on Minelab releasing something like a GPXXXX to replace the old SDv2 models at the same time the ATX comes out. Garrett could never get the hang of Australian soil even after Charles Garrett himself was forced to fly out here and see it for himself. But if this ATX is any good, a lot of us would consider buying one.

turiya Herem
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 67
Registration date: 2013-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks for the link Ararat

I'm suss on the performance as they never really show you any thing of value in the videos,no depth demonstrations, no hot ground handeling demo's and the gold field ground that they are operating in will have hardly any minerals as it looks like decomposed metabasalt which is common in FNQ and I have a fair bit of experience working in those areas and they are really quiet ground.
And I'm still yet to see anyone using the mono coils yet.

Why they didn't take it to a mineralized area and test it I cannot understand. scratch 
I'm starting to think that the N-QLD Explorers are just paid marketing guys for Garrett.

I'll take a fair bit more convincing than that to hand over my hard earned

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi turiya Herem
Thanks for the Info mate
If those guys are right its looking to be another disappointment.............. Damn it I REALLY WANA NEW DETECTOR! Mad 

I guess I'll have to still look for myself on the weekend though just to be sure.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top