GARRETT ATX ????????

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GARRETT ATX ????????

Post  shiraz on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:04 pm

aurumpro wrote:Thanks for the link Ararat

I'm suss on the performance as they never really show you any thing of value in the videos,no depth demonstrations, no hot ground handeling demo's and the gold field ground that they are operating in will have hardly any minerals as it looks like decomposed metabasalt which is common in FNQ and I have a fair bit of experience working in those areas and they are really quiet ground.
And I'm still yet to see anyone using the mono coils yet.

Why they didn't take it to a mineralized area and test it I cannot understand. scratch 
I'm starting to think that the N-QLD Explorers are just paid marketing guys for Garrett.

I'll take a fair bit more convincing than that to hand over my hard earned
"Why they didn't take it to a mineralized area and test it I cannot understand"

Give ya 3 guesses . Q24 

Anyway here's one that's had extensive comparison tests done against the ATX and beat it in 5 of the six test. The one test that the ATX won was best paint job. Aurumpro, you could do a lot worse.  Q35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SvBT9-vBTfg

shiraz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 2018
Registration date: 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:16 pm

MMMMM 3 guesses ay

scratch  MMMMM......... they don't know what mineralized ground is?

scratch scratch  MMMMMMM.........they didn't have time to drive 10min down the road?

scratch scratch scratch  MMMMMMM..........the atx is cr*p in mineralized ground

Did I guess it Shiraz lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:17 pm

Saying the ATX is a re boxed Infinium is what I expect from a controlled Minelab dealer/distributor.
Anybody selling ML equipment MUST push the  ML gear ahead of any other product they sell, otherwise they cannot become and remain a Minielab agent or dealer.
      I agree that the ATX is still an unknown quantity and has not been shown to respond to and been responsible for the recovery of a deep target in extreme hot ground or at the beach.
      I reckon that if you have an 4500 or 5000 then you better hang on to it and wait and see how the ATX fairs in Australian gold fields. At 4 grand who will be game to try it??
I have done well with my Infinium in all ground conditions and the ATX appears to be a significant advancement over the INF and it seems to be very much more responsive to small gold than any of the ML PIs.
       Trouble is we still have no clue as to how well or badly it performs in extreme iron mineralisation.
We have seen that it works perfectly (Quietly)at salt beaches so maybe the salt lakes are looking good??
        I am sick of waiting for the results of a  serious field test of the ATX. So to the ATX field testers to date I say. Q22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:25 pm

Adrian SS wrote:Saying the ATX is a re boxed Infinium is what I expect from a controlled Minelab dealer/distributor.
Anybody selling ML equipment MUST push the  ML gear ahead of any other product they sell, otherwise they cannot become and remain a Minielab agent or dealer.
      I agree that the ATX is still an unknown quantity and has not been shown to respond to and been responsible for the recovery of a deep target in extreme hot ground or at the beach.
      I reckon that if you have an 4500 or 5000 then you better hang on to it and wait and see how the ATX fairs in Australian gold fields. At 4 grand who will be game to try it??
I have done well with my Infinium in all ground conditions and the ATX appears to be a significant advancement over the INF and it seems to be very much more responsive to small gold than any of the ML PIs.
       Trouble is we still have no clue as to how well or badly it performs in extreme iron mineralisation.
We have seen that it works perfectly (Quietly)at salt beaches so maybe the salt lakes are looking good??
        I am sick of waiting for the results of a  serious field test of the ATX. So to the ATX field testers to date I say. Q22
I Agree with you Adrian except about the infinium (I think its shizen)and I believe T-H is just relaying some info that he read.
I realy want it to be good and to give minelab a slapping back in to line, they need it.

Back to top Go down

Post  shiraz on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:26 pm

aurumpro wrote:MMMMM 3 guesses ay

scratch  MMMMM......... they don't know what mineralized ground is?

scratch scratch  MMMMMMM.........they didn't have time to drive 10min down the road?

scratch scratch scratch  MMMMMMM..........the atx is cr*p in mineralized ground

Did I guess it Shiraz lol! 
Jeez Aurumpro 3 out of 3!
I think Garrett had this quote in mind when the took it to the advertising agency.
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt".
Their thinking would be, " Better to not show to much and maybe some might think it's crap, then to do a comprehensive test and remove all doubt"
Q23  Q35 

shiraz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ARARAT on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm

aurumpro wrote:Thanks for the link Ararat

I'm suss on the performance as they never really show you any thing of value in the videos,no depth demonstrations, no hot ground handeling demo's and the gold field ground that they are operating in will have hardly any minerals as it looks like decomposed metabasalt which is common in FNQ and I have a fair bit of experience working in those areas and they are really quiet ground.
And I'm still yet to see anyone using the mono coils yet.

Why they didn't take it to a mineralized area and test it I cannot understand. scratch 
I'm starting to think that the N-QLD Explorers are just paid marketing guys for Garrett.

I'll take a fair bit more convincing than that to hand over my hard earned
G'day aurumpro,

Its early days I suppose, I too am not convinced >>> will not be putting the old 4500 out to pasture just yet..Laughing 

Cheers
A

ARARAT
Management

Number of posts: 2017
Registration date: 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:43 pm

You could be on to something there with your marketing theory Shiraz

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:02 pm

it seems to be very much more responsive to small gold than any of the ML PIs.
Interesting statement fella.??

Curiosity plays a part in advertising......why tell everyone its not as good as ??....the thought process is that you'll go out and buy one to satisfy your curiosity.That = sales, if it does  perform better than ??....word of mouth takes over along with forums. Most who buy one and find its not as good as ??....will normally find something interesting to say about it (Justify the cost) rather than come out and admit they did their doe.

If its better than ???...say so, dont BS about it, were not really interested in your loss.Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1426
Registration date: 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi Narrawa
Well their marketing strategy certainly worked on me.....I am curious. cyclops 

But I'm not stupid enough to part with my hard earned without proof of performance. Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post  Wantmoregold on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:13 pm

So far I am yet to view any evidence of the ATX operating with a mono coil on a gold field unless someone has a link to one.

WMG

Wantmoregold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 77
Registration date: 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:20 pm

aurumpro wrote:Hi Narrawa
Well their marketing strategy certainly worked on me.....I am curious. cyclops 

But I'm not stupid enough to part with my hard earned without proof of performance. Suspect 
Bloke at Menzies pub yesty said there is 3 guys in WA with them,word is deep!!!
Real deep!!!
He said they have 3 months to clean up before the Oz stock arrives.
Binks armoured gold van seen leaving there camp once a week,rear tyres look flat but there not!!!

Not sure if this is true,could be a rumour.

goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 314
Registration date: 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  papoutsi on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:27 pm

I like how the ATX comes packaged and folds out and all wires are inside .
My one concern is how strong is it as it looks plastic or similiar material , aussie bush is rugged needs to handle a knock or two . Anyone had hold of one yet ? Pap

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 382
Registration date: 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  shiraz on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 pm

papoutsi wrote:I  like how the ATX  comes packaged and folds out and all wires are inside .
My one concern is how strong is it as it looks plastic or similiar material , aussie bush is rugged needs to handle a knock or two . Anyone had hold of one yet ? Pap
Only the Garrett Reps. have a hold on it.  Q23  Q35

shiraz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kim on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:14 am

Lol, Goldchaser, there might be truth to the rumour

kim
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 287
Registration date: 2009-02-18

http://www.wagoldtours.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  pickenshovel on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:15 am

papoutsi wrote:I  like how the ATX  comes packaged and folds out and all wires are inside .
I've been invited out for a field test tomorrow with a local dealer and the garrett rep tomorrow ( saturday 2nd nov ) ,
i will take my phone and get some pics or a movie ……… anyone got any questions they want me to ask this garrett dude ?

SORRY GARRETT DETECTOR HASNT TURNED UP BEEN POSTPONED

Last edited by pickenshovel on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CANCELLED)

pickenshovel
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts: 6
Registration date: 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:54 am

pickenshovel wrote:I've been invited out for a field test tomorrow with a local dealer and the garrett rep tomorrow ( saturday 2nd nov ) ,
i will take my phone and get some pics or a movie ……… anyone got any questions they want me to ask this garrett dude ?
i'd be interested to know if you can lower the tone of the threshold and target response for people that have lost there high frequency hearing.(long term truckies/plant operators)

i'd also be interested to see a movie of them ground balancing on hot ground to see how smooth it is after balancing as there promo vids stop before smooth balance is achieved.
look forward to see/hear what you think of it.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:01 am

Razz 
kim wrote:Lol, Goldchaser, there might be truth to the rumour

Is that Tuna on the left kim in the camo getup? Laughing 

goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:15 am

My Finny will easily detect a 1g nugg through a 2.5kg x 5.5cm thick piece of maghematite at a distance of 6 inches from the rock with the 10 x 14 mono. If the ATX can double that then I might be interested. Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  kim on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi Goldchaser
No, it is not Tuna, he doesn't wear camo outfits and there is no blue heeler:D 
I was told that the guys in the picture are serious prospectors and they were also very surprised with the performance of the ATX.
It will be interesting to see what people do think of it. The first Shipment has sold out and the next shipment wont be in until the end of the month.
Kim

kim
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  madtuna on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 pm

I blend in with the dirt and smell like the camels ... I have natural cammo Very Happy 

madtuna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1572
Registration date: 2008-11-15

http://www.wagoldtours.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:20 pm

madtuna wrote:I blend in with the dirt and smell like the camels ... I have natural cammo Very Happy 
Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Thanks Kim,interesting news.

goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  papoutsi on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Tell them to test it in vic soil then they will know all about mineralised ground. Pap

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 382
Registration date: 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kim on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Pap
I am pretty sure testing has been carried out in almost every state. They spent some time running around the country with it.
Kim

kim
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:33 pm

I guess I'll find out tomorrow at the muster whether its a flop or not. cyclops 

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:56 pm

aurumpro wrote:I guess I'll find out tomorrow at the muster whether its a flop or not. cyclops   
Will be good to get a report from you Aurumpro when you have done your tests?
All the best champ!

UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 694
Registration date: 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Narrawa wrote:.......
it seems to be very much more responsive to small gold than any of the ML PIs.
Interesting statement fella.??

Curiosity plays a part in advertising......why tell everyone its not as good as ??....the thought process is that you'll go out and buy one to satisfy your curiosity.That = sales, if it does  perform better than ??....word of mouth takes over along with forums. Most who buy one and find its not as good as ??....will normally find something interesting to say about it (Justify the cost) rather than come out and admit they did their doe.

If its better than ???...say so, dont BS about it, were not really interested in your loss.Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just an opinion based on what I have seen in the few vids that are available. Those who have seen the vids will form their own opinions.
Nobody has to take any notice of what I say about the ATX because I know Jack S..t about it. Just like everybody else.Very Happy

I see that it is on Ebay already.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=metal+detectors&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.Xgarrett+ATX&_nkw=garrett+ATX&_sacat=0

Some of the differences between the Infinium and the ATX:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1979892

Last edited by Adrian SS on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:43 pm

In the photos above, they are all using DD coils.??? .......how come?. Laughing  Laughing

Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1426
Registration date: 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Maybe because the Iron ID works with the DDs and the DDs are hot in the centre, but I don't know about the mono.

Back to top Go down

Post  Waveform on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:54 pm

The DD's look like a different design. Have these similar designs been used on other detectors in the past or are they a completely new design? Is this design how they get the non motion mode?

Waveform
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 970
Registration date: 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Wantmoregold on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Whether it can handle a mono on Ozzy ground will be the test of its character without having to back off the sensitivity for less of depth.

Wantmoregold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 77
Registration date: 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top