matelot
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts: 187
Registration date: 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: GARRETT ATX ????????

Post  Waveform on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:38 am

adrian ss wrote:OK that's it I will say no more about the ATX. If it is any good it can  speak for its self. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 

Don't be swayed by others, go for it. This thread is breaking records....and people don't have to check the thread if they don't wanna. So what do you think about the ATX mate? Gonna sell well here?  Very Happy  you got anymore links to vids?

Waveform
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 970
Registration date: 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:47 am

The ATX MUST be good if you believe the ad in the G&T.

The New Garrett ATX is the ultimate gold detector for all terrains and extreme conditions (highly mineralised ground, saltwater etc). Q04 

I would guess if its the ultimate in saltwater it must also be the ultimate on salt lakes? Q36 

If its the ultimate gold detector on highly mineralised ground it will be the first Garret to be that. Q21 

Cheers, Jim

granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1160
Registration date: 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:58 am

Ultimate Smultimate! Ere Shmere? Ut couldn't find a gold ingot in Fort Knox.  drunken  drunken   Q18

adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 373
Registration date: 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  madtuna on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:16 am

Apparently Germany can't find their gold in Fort Knox either

madtuna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1572
Registration date: 2008-11-15

http://www.wagoldtours.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah I think I read something about that? Or was it that it was full of tungstan?  Q24

adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  2Dan on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:29 pm

hi all, just wanted add view point if it has not bee touched already......after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nALoYUf24

I couldn't help notice the very small detection field that seem to concentrated within the inner circle of this (new dd technology) don't get me wrong it seems to add up on subgrammers but falls down a little at depth ...............but in both scenario's needs that small concentrated area to be exact centre of inner circle.what is it 3-4 inches?????

any thoughts ????

2Dan
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 23
Registration date: 2012-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:07 pm

All nuggs sound off at the outer coil diam but the tiddlers are best in the inner coil which is 5 inch diam and that is where you want them.

adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 pm

The new ATX DD coil behave mostly like any DD coil the detection takes place near the centre line......man cover size objects excluded.

What make this DD coil different is the expanded centre; at close distance to a small gold picker the centre will give a "hi-lo" when going over the picker, where as the two narrow parts of the coil will give a "lo-hi" when going over the same picker at the same distance.

Lift the coil to within max detection distance of same picker and the sound will be "hi-lo" all along the centre line but louder within the expanded centre........there is more, but it can wait. Very Happy

ivanll
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts: 139
Registration date: 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:53 pm

From first outing on Hot WA ground a day after receiving the ATX.

Why gamble on the alternative of a "real" performer around an obscure corner way out in the distance future, when you can go flat out with Real Results right now in the present with a top notch ATX over ground where the ""best"" have regularly dwelled for years.

If it stir up the people that hide behind/under fake names ...........so be it. cheers 

ivanll

Last edited by ivanll on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

ivanll
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 pm

ivanll wrote:From first outing on Hot WA ground a day after receiving the ATX.

Why gamble on the alternative of a "real" performer around an obscure corner way out in the distance future, when you can go flat out with Real Results right now in the present with a top notch ATX over ground where the ""best"" have regularly dwelled for years.

ivanll

You see Ivan this just stirs the "crowd" up. That comes across as it outperforms the gpx's which I'm sure is not the case? I have a few uses for one so.... In saying that I'm sure it won't outperform a gpx in all reguards.
This is what gets on people's goat.
Hey I got a cuppla questions,has it got auto tracking or push the button and rebalance,auto is usefull sometimes in fresh country when you are prospecting.
Thus isn't really a question but the DD coil is a bit of a ingenious design I think. It's more or less two coils in one? Why hadn't anyone ever come up with something similar for the ML's?
They would of sold like hot cakes I reckon,we would of all had one in our kit for sure.
Or am I missing something?

goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 311
Registration date: 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  robby_h on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:10 pm

ivanll,
Did you prepare that picture as an add for the ATX, it's a noticeably different version of the one you posted at the following link??

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/393006-atx-gold-prospecting.html#post3767553

Question  Question

robby_h
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 62
Registration date: 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:17 pm

[quote="robby_h"]ivanll,
Did you prepare that picture as an add for the ATX, it's a noticeably different version of the one you posted at the following link??

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/393006-atx-gold-prospecting.html#post3767553

Question  Question[/quote

See ya stirred Robby up,know a bloke in Kal selling an Infinium Robby,you interested???? What a Face What a Face Laughing cheers 

goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

garrett atx????/

Post  blisters on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:17 pm

hi goldchaser, yeah mate no depths, no weight of nuggets found  Question ,we have also been over areas this year we have run across flogged in recent times with 5ks and some not so recent and found nice gold.so does that make the atx machine better than a gpx?

blisters
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1883
Registration date: 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:20 pm

blisters wrote:hi goldchaser, yeah mate no depths, no weight of nuggets found  Question ,we have also been over areas this year we have run across flogged in recent times with 5ks and some not so recent and found nice gold.so does that make the atx machine better than a gpx?

Yeah no,it looks like its got its place blisters but stop tryin to tell everyone it's a minelab slayer.  Rolling Eyes 

goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

garrett atx????/

Post  blisters on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:34 pm

hi bud, Q33  just because you walk over an old patch and pick up a few crumbs that has been left does not make it the best of the best. Smile anyway every operator to there own  Smile still keen to try one out in certain areas,see if it has a use in where I go and what we do.  Smile 

blisters
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1883
Registration date: 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  robby_h on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:44 pm

goldchaser wrote:
See ya stirred Robby up,know a bloke in Kal selling an Infinium Robby,you interested???? What a Face What a Face Laughing cheers 

Hope it's a bit better than the one you had at Nerriga! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

robby_h
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts: 62
Registration date: 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:02 pm

robby_h wrote:
goldchaser wrote:

Hope it's a bit better than the one you had at Nerriga! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The one I handled the other day bought back bad memories,forgot about the "self" flexing lower shaft for ten years. Maybe I had the batteries in back the front?

goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:20 am

The ATX is the best PI detector Garrett have so far made and released to the public.
No matter what brand or model a good/best detector is totally dependent on being pushed around by a driver.

The AT (all terrain) ability is to me likeable and I use it to my advantage whenever possible.
I have fully paid for my own ATX, am not a dealer, spokesperson or in any other way associated with Garrett be it over here or over there!

Todays finds:
Got home at 07:00 from an early morning (02:00 to 06:00) very low tide beach hunt.
Water was calm, weather was still hot and humid.......... with a beautiful (Red Sun) sunrise.

That to me was the start of this Thusday 02Jan2014 driving/pushing an ATX around............. and now it's the dogs turn.

ivanll

ivanll
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:41 am

Nice collection Ivanll , the ATX works well on the beach , is that a Gold Sapphire ring ..cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 249
Registration date: 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Oiii, Ivanll
I wants me truck back :-)

bicter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts: 147
Registration date: 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Another interesting ATX video here.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?96,1998550

adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Testing granddads ATX in the garden.

ivanll

ivanll
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Waveform on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:42 pm

It has a different coil on it from a infinium. I like that head gear. What are they called please, do they work well in keeping the heat off your head? be good for the rain too, cheers

Waveform
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Umbrella hat.........Available from Overflow.

They do attract a fair bit of attention and smiles when worn on a beach hunt..........not so good in windy weather.

ivanll
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Hmmm?...the umbrella thingy!!!....I WANT ONE!...and i want it yesty.!!...however id prefer it in a color better suit to my mood, and i combo fly net....thats what im talking about!!!

Laughing

Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 1423
Registration date: 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Narrawa

the one you need is the delux model called the Mary Poppins if you say the secret word it will fly you to a secret gold field

G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 723
Registration date: 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Waveform on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:02 am

Narrawa wrote:Hmmm?...the umbrella thingy!!!....I WANT ONE!...and i want it yesty.!!...however id prefer it in a color better suit to my mood, and i combo fly net....thats what im talking about!!!

Laughing

They look handy. They attach with a thin band so would allow great air flow around the noggin. I have seen some with built in air vents as well. I'd have to go the camo ones to at least try and toughen up the look of them. They would probably amplify sound from the detector too.

Waveform
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:13 am

So after 567 replies to this post and after filtering out all the crap and asides out of the equation what is the genuine unbiased opinion of the Garrett ATX

Last edited by G.B. on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total

G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 723
Registration date: 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  shiraz on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:33 am

G.B. wrote:So after 567 replies to this post and after filtering out all the crap and asides out of the equation what is the genuine unbiased opinion of the ATX

What is this ATX thingy your talking about GB ???  Is that the new RangerTel Mark 3 ?

( Get it right GB, 569 post)  Wink

Err.... is this an aside?  scratch Oh don't tell me it's crap. It's crap isn't it.  

In all seriousness, and I mean this most sincere, it can be flung way further than a ML 5000.

shiraz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 2018
Registration date: 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top