Detech Coils

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Detech Coils

Post  G.B. on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Now that detech coils have been around for awhile now could those that have used them give an evaluation of performance compared to other coils.

G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 723
Registration date: 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Detech Coils

Post  kon61 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:27 pm

G.B,as far as I'm concerned,they're up there with the best of them,unless you cop a possible factory dud upon production,which in itself is quite rare.The 15 x 8,elliptical mono,together with the 8 inch round mono and 11x6 mono,I have used over a period of time and have found them to be darned good coils.They work very well on the GPX Series detectors,over mineralized ground,offering excellent sensitivity & ground balance stability,even when fully submerged under water.All this including a two year warranty how can one go wrong?

Cheers Kon. What a Face

Last edited by kon61 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

kon61
Management

Number of posts: 3227
Registration date: 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Check out Kon's post in member finds. Not a bad performance there  Very Happy

mbasko
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 289
Registration date: 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks Guys.
There is posibility I might have to qo to a smaller coil coil for awhile when I get back out until my shoulder comes right so I was looking at options

Kon which one do you consider the best all round coil out of the 3

G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Yeah G.B.

I'v used them all and I like them all,there is no best.More of fitness for purpose.The 15x8 mono is the equivalent of a 17 inch nugget finder with the sensitivity close to that of the 14x9 but will punch greater depths on say 5 grammers and above than what the 14x9 would,but is not exactly a super light coil being solid.Because of your recovery or healing time for the shoulder,my recommendation will have to be the 11x6 or 8 inch round mono,depending on what you prefer to swing.Both the 8 and 11x6 are on par with one another and are lighter than the 15x8(general purpose all rounder).Dynamite on any GPX especially when chasing the sub grammers(bellow 1 gram) at very good depths,far better than the 15x8 could.My choice because of the ducking and weaving through tussock grass and in between tight obstacles you wont beat the 11x6 mono. If its sheer size and depth that your after then the 15x8 is the one I use,as my general purpose all round coil 90% of the time. Confused,yep,so am I.

Cheers Kon. What a Face

kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:01 am

G.B When your ready to have another bash out there give Stinky (Pete) Pink from Detech a ring as I think he has demo coils to try. He lives here in Daisy Hill. The number is 0467239455. I've tried his coils "Not Bad" good for the money.
wombat

Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 2537
Registration date: 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:28 am

G.B. wrote:Thanks Guys.
There is posibility I might have to qo to a smaller coil coil for awhile when I get back out until my shoulder comes right so I was looking at options

Kon which one do you consider the best all round coil out of the 3

My shoulders have troubled me for years when swinging, I ordered a control arm a few days ago.

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/complete-control-arm.html

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts: 257
Registration date: 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  gullyhunter on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Gday GB ,
Well i have been using the 15x12 Detech for the last few weeks and have to agree with Kon61 in regards to its performance and being up there with the top of the range coil makers . It has great stability , it looks and feels very strong and does not false when scrubbing and banging against rocks or branches . It ground balances well and runs very smooth even in some of the hot ground that we work . As you know i have been using the Commander 15x12 for quite a while now ( and is a weapon of a coil on the 4500 ) so the reasoning for me to try the Detech was to see if i could find anything that was going to give any sort of advantage over the commander .
I only noticed one thing with the Detech that was marginally better than the commander and that was the target response on small ( and large gold ) at depth . The Detech seemed to give a slightly more sharper response which was notably an increase compared to the commander . Overall its a nice general purpose coil for me and i think it wont be coming off for a while . The smallest bit i`ve found with it so far is a 0.35 bit just short of the 7" mark in very talkative ground ( see the vid - sorry about the bush lingo ... ). Biggest bit 267 grammer at 27" . I can lend you either a 12x7 NFA or a 8" Commander during your recovery instead of buying a small coil if you want , WARNING : small coils can be very addictive  tongue

gullyhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts: 107
Registration date: 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks Glen.
That was a great pickup at that depth.
I'm going stir crazy at the moment just waiting to get back out so l will definately take your offer up
Small coil addiction! You have my permision to resort to drastic measures if required.

G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hardyakka on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:34 am

G'day Kon61,

Can these coils be used under water on a 5000?

Regards

Hardyakka

hardyakka
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts: 16
Registration date: 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:56 am

kon61 wrote:G.B,as far as I'm concerned,they're up there with the best of them,unless you cop a possible factory dud upon production,which in itself is quite rare.The 15 x 8,elliptical mono,together with the 8 inch round mono and 11x6 mono,I have used over a period of time and have found them to be darned good coils.They work very well on the GPX Series detectors,over mineralized ground,offering excellent sensitivity & ground balance stability,even when fully submerged under water.All this including a two year warranty how can one go wrong?

Cheers Kon. What a Face

I agree completely with Kon. I have the 15" x 8" mono and I rate it as good as the NF coils I have.

Another great benefit is the pricing. Much cheaper than the competition

Robert

goldnomad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts: 98
Registration date: 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Stinky Pete on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi guys

All of the Detech coils are all fully waterproof and are certainly totally submersible!

This make it a dream to clean up after a day out digging, just rinse off under the tap .

Great to see others are having the same success as we have with these coils.

Thanks for the feed back

Regards Stinky

Stinky Pete
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts: 19
Registration date: 2013-04-17

http://www.detech-metaldetectorsaustralia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:34 pm

G'day Hardyakka.

Yes,I can confirm they work well underwater,on the GPX Series detectors,with the 15x8 mono helping me find a 32gm nugget (a few months back) trapped in a lower section of slate bar,submerged 1 foot bellow the water line,whereas both the 12x7 and 17x11 NFs (although submersible) behaved a little to erratic and noisy when performing the same task.

Cheers Kon. What a Face

kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  hardyakka on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:12 pm

G'day Kon,

thanks for that, nice find  Very Happy , i do have a 12x7 nf but didnt realise they were also submersible.
Can you recomend a seller for the Detech coils here in vic?

Cheers

Hardyakka

hardyakka
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts: 16
Registration date: 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Yep.Stinky Pete (above) from "Detech Australia" is the main distributor of Detech products here in Aus.He'll help you out with any queries.

Cheers Kon.

kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  hardyakka on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks Kon, i'll send him a pm

hardyakka
New Poster
New Poster