Help coil busted maybe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help coil busted maybe

Post  charcoal_chaser on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Squashed my 15" wot coil in the car door , it cracked the plastic but the coil still works but seems very unstable now , need advice re testing pins for multimeter readings any help please or may have to by another , Thanks Garry ( 5 pin plug , etrac )

Last edited by charcoal_chaser on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

charcoal_chaser
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Help coil busted maybe

Post  TTT on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi charcoal chaser I punched a hole in my 11inch commander tried to find out from miners den if it could be repaired they rang minelab and said they aren t worth repairing , so I got some Fixall and have put over where I have punched the hole and it runs a treat cheers TTT

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post  stumpie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:49 pm

As long as the shielding hasn't been damaged just bog it.

stumpie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  trashmagnet on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:10 pm

charcoal_chaser wrote:Squashed my 15" wot coil in the car door , it cracked the plastic but the coil still works but seems very unstable now , need advice re testing pins for multimeter readings any help please or may have to by another , Thanks Garry ( 5 pin plug , etrac )

hi charcoal
if you want to check if any wires are broken you just have to put your multimeter on 200 ohms and put the pins in the plug ends, if broken the multimeter won't change. if not broken a number will show up.
regards trashy

trashmagnet
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top