G'day from SA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G'day from SA

Post  Sa_bogan on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 am

Hi all, I'm from south australia and have been detecting for around 5 months now and am using the xterra 705 with the WOT coil. Got the old man into it as well and just learning the ropes with parks and beaches. Hope this site is as useful as the other I'm currently on.
Cheers

Sa_bogan
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day from SA

Post  getascripter on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:33 am

G'day bogan ... nice to meet you! Where have you been detecting? Glenelg, Brighton or further down south? Around jetties are pretty good spots but you have to be there at "sparrow f*rt" to clean up before the crowds arrive! lol!  Actually, with this weather, anywhere there might be shade, or up near kiosks etc are usually pretty good for a few dollars.

I go over to VIC periodically and steal some of their yellow  lol!  I'm more into highbanking & for summer I have my drywasher to go play in the dirt with!  T15 
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sa_bogan on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 am

I have been to all of those beaches when I can but they seem to be pretty well picked. Done a lot better at the parks but want to get more into the beach. I'm actually on the hunt for a second hand Excalibur 2. Thanks for your welcome Smile

Sa_bogan
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 am

No problem Bogan  Very Happy  Do you see the little search box at the top R corner? Try typing in there some generic search criteria ... this is really handy. Otherwise, try this page http://golddetecting.4umer.net/f19-sa-goldfields Even if you're not yet ready to go hunt gold, you might find some areas where old townships were ... they're always great for little treasures!

Good luck out there!  Q39 
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top