waisted a day out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

waisted a day out

Post  mikez on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:56 am

was out for a swing yesterday. and the 5000 was so noisy it was like swinging a rusty see-saw. I tried changing settings, changed the coil and I even got in the car and drove 30 klms up the road to change locations. and still could not quiet the machine down enough to enjoy my day. Is it just me or are there days when you can't quiet them down.

mikez
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: waisted a day out

Post  Digginerup on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 am

You may encounter days of high EMI but I would guess that there was another factor at work here, i.e. loose connections, bad coil etc. you may even have a fault in the machine, how is it today.

Wayne.  cheers 
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  mikez on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:22 am

unfortunatly I only get a chance to get out once a week if i'm lucky so wont get out again till next week, I live 2 hrs away from nearest gold field. so waisting a day a real bummer I did try changing the coil to no effect. was thinking that I should get an 8'' coil to try help. I'll have to wait untill next week to try again,

mikez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:49 am

G'day mikez,

Did you try setting it to FP and hit the auto tune button this usually helps when there is a lot of EMI happening. If that doesn't help then you may have a problem with connections power/coil leads. Or maybe a faulty machine/coils.  If in doubt send back to Minelab or on your next trip out call into to a Minelab dealer and have them check it for you.

Ps check your threshold knob it may have got bumped and set too high.

Back to top Go down

Post  mikez on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:04 am

thanks for the answers guys, think I shall get up extra early next week. and go and try in the whipstick, that way if the machine behaves in the same way I can drop in on bendigogold and even if it is working well I might drop in an buy a smaller coil anyway

mikez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:07 am

mikez wrote:thanks for the answers guys, think I shall get up extra early next week. and go and try in the whipstick, that way if the machine behaves in the same way I can drop in on bendigogold and even if it is working well I might drop in an buy a smaller coil anyway

That sounds like a good plan  T06 

Good luck with it..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top