Off Topic Nikon P900

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Off Topic Nikon P900

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:57 am

Geez that gold came up nice and clear..

My gold pictures were just done with my iphone..

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:29 pm

For my gold photos out in the field I use the compact Olympus Tough camera. It is waterproof to 15 metres and has a very good macro setting and is small enough to fit in my camelback with everything else. One drawback is the battery needs charging regularly. All the photos I post on the forum are taken with my Canon 550D or 650D.

This nugget was taken with the Olympus Tough.

I have tried some experimenting with the Olympus macro and it is difficult to get everything in focus on larger pieces. Internal light is a bit dull and the outdoor light tends to give the nuggets a bright fake look. For around $450.00 it is a good buy if you don't already have a compact camera and are looking to buy one for this type of work

Regards Axtyr.

Last edited by Axtyr on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add photo and update with extra information to suit the post.)

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Axtyr wrote:For my gold photos out in the field I use the compact Olympus Tough camera. It is waterproof to 15 metres and has a very good macro setting and is small enough to fit in my camelback with everything else. One drawback is the battery needs charging regularly. All the photos I post on the forum are taken with my Canon 550D or 650D.

This nugget was taken with the Olympus Tough.

I have tried some experimenting with the Olympus macro and it is difficult to get everything in focus on larger pieces. Internal light is a bit dull and the outdoor light tends to give the nuggets a bright fake look. For around $450.00 it is a good buy if you don't already have a compact camera and are looking to buy one for this type of work

Regards Axtyr.
 G'day Axtyr, I've got one too ,yes there a terrific robust camera ,and they can take terrific photo's ,but I got a couple a couple of quick questions ,you'd probably  know more about cameras than me ,
  *yeah my battery power doesn't seem to last long either ,if I dig it out after say 10-12 weeks , the battery only last for a dozen or so photo's  Question
   *the back display is now hard to see , took it camera people ,reckon there was nothing they could do Question
   * if I go into settings ,and set it up say for a landscape ,bright light etc ,or what ever ,then turn it off ,then turn it back on again ,it's gone back to normal settings Evil or Very Mad  Question

hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi Axtyr.
That's a good pic of a nice nugget.
The point of the thread is that the P900 can take a very acceptable pic of a nugget
and zoom in on the moon. And heaps in between.

Smile

Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:01 am

Hugh.

I have sent you a PM about your camera. Let me know if you have received it.

regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6