Off Topic Nikon P900

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: Off Topic Nikon P900

Post  thegoldman24 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:46 am

I just bought the p900 and need advice on full settings for moon shots and fire works for new years eve.Thanks in advance.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:40 am

thegoldman24 wrote:I just bought the p900 and need advice on full settings for moon shots and fire works for new years eve.Thanks in advance.

I just bought this camera as well, I haven't tried moon shots or fire works, full settings for these are in the scene mode settings. I am liking this camera so far a lot to learn.

peterinaust
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:40 pm

it seems Nikon are rumoured to be coming out with a p1000 with 125x zoom.What a beast that will be.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:19 pm

thegoldman24 wrote:I just bought the p900 and need advice on full settings for moon shots and fire works for new years eve.Thanks in advance.

Set to spot Focus or averaging.I set Moon mode in scene selections, point n shoot.

Zoom as close as you can and still get good focus. I find less than max zoom to be best. Hold camera steady against a post or put it on a tripod, Set first pressure on shutter button to focus and then snap. Cam will wait a second or two before firing. (don't move cam during this time)

Go to Trim mode and crop to the magnification that you want and save the trimmed pic.

All of the shots that I have put in this topic are hand held against a pergola post.

For fireworks. Select Fireworks mode in scene select and put the cam on a tripod, frame your shot and shoot.
You could also do a night Scene vid or a time laps vid for fireworks.... The Night Scene vid would be best because the time lapse will not capture all moments of the scene and will miss many cracker bursts.

Experiment a bit on street lights and traffic at night to get a feel for the camera. That is the beauty of digital cams. You can practice and learn and then delete all the bad pics or practice runs.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:37 pm

thanks Adrian ss, that's helpful for me as well. I have been reading up on this camera ever since you put your first pic's up, now got it at a good price.

peterinaust
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8