Pentland gold

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pentland gold

Post  Szabie on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi guys new to this site but was wondering if anyone can give me some info on pentland and surrounding areas as I'm interested in taking a look there cheers

Szabie
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Pentland gold

Post  Digginerup on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Pentland eh?.......... Western Qld I take it?, all that can be said about Pentland is much gold has come from there in the past and much still remains there, all the land out there is pastoral lease or freehold, in other words you will need to know someone or know someone who knows someone or you will have to approach the land/leaseholders personally to seek access, the problem being that many have gone before you,campers, shooters, pig hunters, prospectors and others who have in one way or another by their own stupid/criminal actions fu@ked it for those who wish to do the right thing, hence you will likely find some resistance to your approaches, Crying or Very sad  I wish you luck..........you will need it Wink .

Wayne cheers

Last edited by Jen58 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tsk tsk :))
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Szabie on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Ok thanks mate there couple of leads ill chase up Very Happy

Szabie
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:13 am

hey mate same in the towers good gold to be had but one must tread carefully for access for the same reasons old mate mentioned but looking at your location it could be in ya backyard T06 good luck,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  pedro on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:45 pm

got me buggered why they don t charge $10 a head these farrmers can make a fortune heard Western Creek pocketed over $200000 cash first year it opened and I say good on em I counted over 100 people there everytime on more then five separate visits all cash in hand at #15 a head one time there was 126 detectering at the same time
pedro
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:20 am

true that mate, whould be a great idea! whould bring a bit more to our little struggling town ,help the guys on the land, win win i say!!! did a few runs to western ck when she first opened and yeah no shortage of people go hard brownie! hope there still goin up,cheers joe

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Szabie wrote:Hi guys new to this site but was wondering if anyone can give me some info on pentland and surrounding areas as I'm interested in taking a look there cheers

Hey Szabie,

If you can find a copy of "Angor to Zillmanton, stories of North Queensland's deserted towns" by Colin Hooper, you will find a fair few references to this area in pages 8 to 16. I just got my copy from the "Mary Who" bookstore in the Townsville mall. The book will set you back about $74.

I hope this helps.

cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content