wa in 2018 next year

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wa in 2018 next year

Post  yellowmellow on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 pm

iam thinking of coming over next year in 2018 though this year might be too soon I need to know the following can I ship my car to perth then drive from perth to kalgoolie and Leonora wa gold fields my car is a 2002 Subaru forrester the car will be 16 years old next year is this car suitable I am thinking of spending around 3 or 4 months in was goldfields also it will take around a years worth of research is more research the better I will research this year also can I take my detector gpx4500 on the flight across to perth please message me answers to these questions thanks looking forward to it tim

this is the plan for 2018 in 2017 I will plan and research wa goldfields

yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1483
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: wa in 2018 next year

Post  Liquid Gold on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:46 pm

@yellowmellow wrote: iam thinking of coming over next year in 2018 though this year might be too soon I need to know the following can I ship my car to perth then drive from perth to kalgoolie and Leonora wa gold fields my car is a 2002 Subaru forrester the car will be 16 years old next year is this car suitable I am thinking of spending around 3 or 4 months in was goldfields also it will take around a years worth of research is more research the better I will research this year also can I take my detector gpx4500 on the flight across to perth please message me answers to these questions thanks looking forward to it tim

this is the plan for 2018 in 2017 I will plan and research wa goldfields

One thing at a time Tim, first thing is to make sure your car is reliable and safe before anything else. Your car will be fine in W.A, but know your limitations of your car. Make a list of everything your car will need like recovery gear, tyre repair, spare radiator hoses etc.....
You should be able to ship your car via cargo train rail but it may be costly.

Liquid Gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2016-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Shipping a car over is generally more expensive than driving it.

If you are not game to drive it, I wouldn't be game to rely on it in WA, depending on where you go of course.

If you doubt the reliability of your vehicle it will play on your mind greatly, and you wont get to all the best spots because you wont be confident to go to them.

You will need to research on car maintenance and ways to get out of trouble as much as you reaserch gold fields for your own well being......do a tafe course or 2.

If you are not in a position to do any of the above, stick to Kal line of sight and don't go to far out on your own.

Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:03 pm

thanks theres a bit of planning and research to do thanks

yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1483
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:43 pm

As long as your vehicle is in good shape and reliable it will do the job very well. Many people prospect WA in 2 wheel drive ute's and cars without any trouble. Take along a good puncture repaire kit, though as you are likely to spike a couple of tires while there.

When I was young there were very few 4x4's anywhere in Australia. We all drove Holdens and fords right throughout the outback without too much trouble. Do your research and you will be OK.

Cheers, Jim

granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Liquid Gold on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:08 pm

@yellowmellow wrote:thanks theres a bit of planning and research  to do thanks
It's good that you're giving yourself a year to plan this trip. That's how you plan for success. A "list" is your best friend. (car needs, camping needs, food, safety needs, emergancy communication, etc......)

Liquid Gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2016-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:12 pm

G'day Tim.....your vehicle type will be fine mate. Check with the airline you'll be traveling with for what you can and can't take. Lisa and I will be happy to help you out again with some spots to have a bip on...no probs there. I reckon if your going to be here for that long then I would try and team up with someone. It has some downsides but I reckon it would be a good thing for you and that you'll enjoy your adventure more. Glad to hear the gold bug is still there mate.

regards

Tony Pilkington

goldtalkleonora
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:06 pm

thanks tony and lisa much appreciated thanks tim I keep in touch