the weather and temperature

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the weather and temperature

Post  yellowmellow on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:22 am

hi all,

just doing a poll on what temp and weather you are prepared to gold detect in like 30 degrees etc... I need to know as iam keen to go for a swing over summer and would like to know in particular for vic what temp is too hot to detect in.

I hope it cools down soon so that I go for swing keen to kind that first gold for 2017 thanks tim yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: the weather and temperature

Post  slimpickens on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:41 am

Hi Tim, I wouldn't worry too about the temperature as you can always go out early in the morning and get in about 5 hours before it really warms up. The main problem is high humidity which saps the energy right out of you. pale So best detect on low humidity days.

Management

Number of posts : 3574
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:46 am

Only Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid day sun.

35 pulls me up unless I have plenty of water and a shady hat. Very Happy and an eski full of VB and an epirb.  Rolling Eyes fair dinkum, What more could yer need?  Oh yeah that's right. Some  T31 for the Greenies when they come and give yer a hard time. Settles them down a lot.  Very Happy

Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Tim Up here in the triangle, this is mainly in the summer months, I call it quits at about 26c. This is because the ground is hot as well as the air temperature. Morning and in the evening ,detecting is OK if you get a light breeze and the temperature drops down to about the 26c mark or under.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4224
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:47 pm

T24 26 degrees !!!!!????? But! But! But! That is a nice day! even if ut's raining. Perfect tecting weather  T33
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm

I would have long strides and a jacket on if it was 26c!

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:37 pm

[quote="adrian ss"]T24 26 degrees !!!!!????? But! But! But! That is a nice day! even if ut's raining. Perfect tecting weather  T33[/quote)

So I'm a woozy. Embarassed But living up here in the triangle, I can pick my days. Q35
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4224
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Goldgeo wrote:I would have long strides and a jacket on if it was 26c!

G'day Trent,

Yes I know what you mean, while we are over there and we have climatised to the nice weather. When your used to the high 20/30'c then it drops down to 19'c then we're looking for our jackets too.  At the moment we are getting some more humid type weather than normal. Jen & I have noticed too, the older we're getting the more we notice the heat.    Rolling Eyes

Cheers.  

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:43 pm

yellowmellow wrote:hi all,

just doing a poll on what temp and weather you are prepared to gold detect in like 30 degrees etc... I need to know as iam keen to go for a swing over summer and  would like to know in particular for vic what temp is too hot to detect in.

I hope it cools down soon so that I go for swing keen to kind that first gold for 2017 thanks tim yellowmellow

Hi Tim
Keep an eye on the weather map for the area you wish to travel to.
Pick a day that you know you can handle the tempture at, if you can not handle the heat... say 25 degrees and over.
Stay home..
Its not just the weather, being hot! Its also the humidity thats zaps us.. so drink plenty of water.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Wombat wrote:
adrian ss wrote:T24 26 degrees !!!!!????? But! But! But! That is a nice day! even if ut's raining. Perfect tecting weather  T33[/quote)

So I'm a woozy.  Embarassed  But living up here in the triangle, I can pick my days. Q35
wombat Wink

OK Ok ya don't have ta rub it in.  Laughing
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

re the weather and temperature

Post  RichardRead on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:06 am

Hi, I am from the UK and 26 degrees is nice! But seriously I am planning a trip to Victoria to do a bit of detecting and touring. Is the weather Ok for detecting in the winter months? (remember I am a Pommie and can handle the cold!)
Richard

RichardRead

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Took the 2300 out yesterday for about an hour (34 degrees C) looking for a few coins and stuff.Got lots of junk and a good qty of coin.

For those using the 23 at the beach. If you don't know already:

The 23 in Salt Mode gets near on double the depth compared to  Normal Mode on Aussie 1 & 2 dollar coins. I guess it has something to do with the Delay timing and type of metal that these coins are made from.  scratch
Also if you ignore the strong overload signals from twist tops then you will be leaving a lot of 10, 20 and 50 cent coins in the ground.   affraid

13/01/17.
Another Also:
Irrespective of whether you are using your mbl phone or not that is in your pkt while detecting; So long as it is turned on, It interferes with the 2300 causing a wavering threshold...Well my phone does anyway. For a while I assumed I had the sens set too high but this morning  when I left  the phone in the car the threshold was near on perfect and could be set to just on silent with the second  setting lighting up the first LED only and the tone being smooth and even.
I have previously always had my phone with me and am used to it sending out Here I am transmissions now and again but the 2300 seems to be responding to some other EMI from the phone.  this is the first time I have noticed MBL phone interference continuously.

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:56 am; edited 3 times in total
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:42 pm

34 degree heat!! V51  Adrian ya mad B V07
--------------------
Welcome to the forum RichardRead
I guess our winter down in vic would be warm to you..
but we choose to migrate to the warmer parts of Australia..... Western aus is my choice..
to damn wet and cold in vic  Laughing
------------------

Tim
Its going to be HOT in the gold triangle. And Getting HOTTER!
Although Saturday may be ok, out Marybrough way

You would have to go out early in the morning or late evenings
But watch out for all sorts of creatures. Spiders, SNAKES. Etc. If you do decide to go for a detect.
This warm weather has the snakes out enjoying themselves Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 pm

I was going to go out again today Jen but the missus said something like what you said only a bit more graphic, pale so I reconsidered.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top