8 Little Ones For The Zed: 1.34 Grams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8 Little Ones For The Zed: 1.34 Grams

Post  kiwijw on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi Guys. Took the Zed for a late afternoon walk back to one of my well flogged patches. Took my spare pick after breaking my good old faithful Walco pick last time I was out. I continued on from where I left off the previous time. The ground was a little bit lively as we had a heavy down pour of rain during the previous night. The Zed was a bit more touchy but after several ground balances over the ferrite & a few auto tunes I got it to a manageable steady threshold with out having to change any of the other settings. 5 minutes in to it & my first very faint little signal.

Couple of scrapes & it was out.

Ten feet away & more of a hunch that there was a signal & not very convincing at that. Gave it a few scrapes & it improved very slightly but was now sounding like a very faint signal. So I scraped on down until I hit the schist bed rock. Which wasnt far down. You will just make it out in the pic

Signal had really improved now so I scraped out two crevices that had opened out in the hole.

I had brought a screwdriver today to scrape out just such crevices....& bingo. A sassy bit of gold

Before I back filled the dig I scanned the hole & the dug out dirt pile. Another wee signal down in the crevice.

Another little bit of gold

Again I scanned the dig out pile & the fainest of signals & another tiny bit of gold

I stopped for a bite to eat & a coffee before carrying on. Had a bit of a dry spell for a while before another very faint little signal. Again....down in the schist bed rock

Tiny gold it was

This a pic looking down slope of the exposed schist bed rock tilted up on edge.

And this is looking up hill to the dig of the last wee piece of gold

This is a surfaced area from the old timers. That little shallow gutter running up to the left produced many bits of gold for the GP 3000, the 4500 & now for the Zed

Just to the right of that green bush (briar rose) is an old small throw out pile from the old timers & is where I got the next three tiny bits of gold from.

I called it quits at that & had got 8 bits for a grand total of 1.34 grams  Rolling Eyes Smallest was .04 of a gram & the biggest was two at .31 of a gram.

Cheers  Q39

Good luck out there

JW   V08
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1817
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 8 Little Ones For The Zed: 1.34 Grams

Post  joe82 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:40 am

good on ya mate Very Happy good to see the zed pullin a few more from old ground V11 I whould be happy to pick them up all day, lets hope theres a big fella there for ya! took a mate to a little patch of mine I called the rabbit patch as all the nuggets are about that size (rabbit shist) and he nailed a 37gm near solid V09 they can be anywhere!!! good luck,joe

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Wouldn't want to get a deep tight crevice with the spare pick mate as she's a little warn on the pointy end haha. Laughing
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Thanks joe82. I could dig rabbit shite size gold all day long. lol!  37 grammer...thats a nice score. Cheers mate.

G'day Hoff. Yer mate....hence taking along the screwdriver. T06  I have one of Davsgold's new picks on its way to me. I really needed a new pick & he did me a deal I couldnt refuse.

Went out for a real quick detect friday evening & scored just one piece at .3 of a gram. Went out today, saturday & I forgot the bloody WM12. Left it on the damn charger at home. After a 2.5 hour drive. I felt like turning around & going back home. Got all the way to this little gully & affraid  I had the Gold Bug 2 with me that I use as my pin pointer & discriminator. I had no choice but to have a play with that. It was better than going back home. I knew I was not going to get any good sized bits but I had no choice. Ended up getting 37 small bits for just over 2 grams. And 5 thousand million shot gun pellets   V41

Cheers

JW  V08
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1817
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down