evolution v elite

View previous topic View next topic Go down

evolution v elite

Post  yellowmellow on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 pm

hi all,

like to know as iam doing a personal poll the question is which coil is preferred by you the gold prospector out of

nugget finder evolution coils verses coiltek elite coil please enter the poll thanks tim yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: evolution v elite

Post  yellowmellow on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:17 pm

anyone?
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  cruiser1 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi Tim.At a guess I would say that they are on par with each other as anyone who owns either coil swears by them.Personally I have a 14'' Elite and could not be happier with its performance on bigger deep and very small sub grammer targets.As of yet I have not been able to do a comparisen test on the same target,same whole etc.

Cheers

Phil

cruiser1
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2014-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Elite
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:03 am

Elite!
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:09 am

hey mate after using boath hands down go the EVO lighter more sensitive and punch deep as for sub and single grammers (12') and mass depth on big nuggys (15') while still getting bird shot at 2-3 inches T01 nugget finder, cheers joe,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:13 am

Hi Tim I love my 12" N/F Evolution coil. It has picked up such small gold on the surface that you could not even weigh it on the scales. I have tried the 14" Elite before I got the 12" Evo. and I found it a bit to heavy after a while. But a good coil just the same. But I kept with the Nugget Finder range of coils as I have had the best success with this brand.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4252
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 am

It all depends on what your are looking for in a given area, the NF evo's are great coils too, but if your looking for 1-3 gram nuggets at and below a foot, then I find that the Elite 14" round mono does really well. Most of what we are looking for anymore is (hard to find) overlooked gold from the past in old patches, and it takes exceptional equipment to find it. I agree the 14" elite is very heavy and after about 3-4 hours I am usually done using it for the day, then I bolt on my 14x9 Evo and go to it again, I find the evo capable of tiny grain size gold, a 2 grain nugget to over 2". So different coils have different strengths, its your job as a detectorist to figure out whats best for you in a given circumstance. All these coils are just tools to accomplish different purposes. Any one coil is not gonna do it all for anyone.

Personally I have found that with the proper amplification, detector and settings I can find 1 gram+ size nuggets a solid 2 inches deeper using the 14" elite than the stock minelab 15x12. Just my own findings, in our medium mineralized soils here. I do have a couple stock minelab coils in reserve I use when the ground is wet, they are quieter than the new evo and elite coils in wet ground.

Last edited by gold bug sniper on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:40 am

I have a couple of Elite's for my old 4500's but I think its a Holden vs Ford thing to be honest......I just liked the look of the Coiltek coils.....construction is second to none
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

elite vs evo

Post  gpxman on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm

I have 14ich Elite 12 and 17x13 evos both coils will see gold the other will not proven this to myself many of times, not deep well within range of either coil and I know I've covered the ground. One spot in particular I found a deep 18 gramma with 12 inch evo so I moved sticks rocks etc, managed 2 more pieces around a gram about 2metres from the 18 gramma put on the elite found another bout 5 grams all within that 2 meters, the gold was leafy thin up to 2grams very sharp whereas the 12 inch got the more solid nuggets of the small patch/reef. (just a quick example)
found good gold with both over 20ozs and I would never sell my elite but
If I had to choose between them id go the evo's they seem to suffer less from saturation then the elite (IMOP) and are a little lighter

gpxman

gpxman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi Tim, I have the 11" & 14" Elite coils for my 4500. I got the 14" first & went over old patches that were no longer producing for me with my NF advantage range of coils & I got more gold. I was a bit gobsmacked & pleasantly surprised at the depth on some of the small bits for a 14" coil. After a while I ended up getting the 11" Elite & it too brought back to life old patches for me. I have now got the GPZ & it is now finding more gold on these same areas that the Elites missed. I cant comment on the Evo coils as I dont & havnt tried them but going by other peoples reports there doesnt appear to be a hell of a lot of difference between them. Like has been said a bit of a Ford versous Holden thing. Just comes down to weather you favour coiltek over nuggetfinder or NF over Coiltek. I loved my Nuggetfinder range of coils......& I had most of them. I reckon you could just toss a coin & either way you wouldnt be dissapointed. Cheers.

JW V08
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1817
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi Tim, hope I'm not out of line, but, maybe it's time for a reality check. The 4500 is not doing it for you. Wasting money on this coil or that coil won't alter the fact that maybe it's time to sell the 4500 and get the Minelab SDC 2300. And I can guarantee you you will get on the gold. You've given the 4500 a good shot, and full credit to you for persisting, but for what ever reason I don't think you can get your head around it. You've served your apprenticeship and now it's time for you to reap the rewards for all your effort, but the only way is for you to buy the SDC. Maybe one of the dealers who follow this forum can do you a deal on a 2nd hand SDC and trade your 4500.

To all the dealers, give Tim a chance to get on the gold. Q10 All I am saying, is give Tim a chance. Q01

Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi Slim, You may be right there mate.  I know for a fact though that the Elite coils did breath new life back in to my 4500 & I have used a truck load of coils on it. From Commander coils, Coiltek coils & before getting the Elites the NF Advantage range. However if Tim is struggling a bit with the operation of the 4500 then the 2300, I agree, is a lot easier to operate & has its advantages on some types of gold that the other PI's dont see & so that type of gold may still be there for Tim to hopefully get on to. A good suggestion. T06

Good luck out there

JW  V08
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1817
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:29 pm

ok thanks for the input I will keep your sdc idea in mind thanks tim I have to get out detecting first
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top