A Rocking Afternoon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Rocking Afternoon

Post  kiwijw on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:41 am

Hi guys, Have a big afternoon coming up. Doesnt involve detecting.

http://www.gibbstonvalley.com/nz/experience/summer-concerts/

Woke to this yesterday after crap weather thursday. Supposed to be the middle of summer. Taken from the house I am building at the moment

Have a good day

JW  V08
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rocking Afternoon

Post  davsgold on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:12 am

Have a great day out JW, and that house your building has nice backdrop views. Very Happy

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Stunning Jw.
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1531
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Enjoy! Your afternoon

Beautiful, absolutely gorgeous views.
House isnt bad either  tongue  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Arocking afternoon

Post  joensue on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi very very nice , whats the temperature like ?might come and live there myself Very Happy cheers JOE

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi JW, is that Queenstown and the Remarkables? We visited last year but couldn't even see the mountains as it wouldn't stop raining but we have been there before in better weather. Looks incredible.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1521
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi guys, Had a brilliant afternoon at the concert. Wasnt really quite sure what to expect. We had 4 friends come down & stay from Auckland. We spent the evening before watching you tube footage to brush up on the songs & styles of music. We of course knew & thought Icehouse would be the main act & be the last ones up & play the raggiest music to boggie V28  to. Yes even in our later years we can go back 30 odd years to those good old days. lol! And good days they were & why it is great to see these "old" acts still doing it & taking us back to those care free days before marriage, kids, mortgages & responsabilities. Sex, drugs & rock & roll. T06  but then we have to grow up Rolling Eyes ....dont we?? Kids have gone (from home) sex almost gone, drugs for me has definitely gone. They went with kids & reponsability coming along. Sort of thankful for that. But rock & roll will never die, As Neil Young said.
So Bonnie Tyler....mmmmm didnt know how she would go. She was first up, as we thought she would be, & she was brilliant. At 65 she still looked amazing......& that voice.....Steve Nicks eat your heart out....na just kidding....love you too.
Then Alan Parsons. (Alan Parsons Project. Tales of mystery & imagination) I have a couple of LP's of his from a million years ago & back in my care free days. T31 T18  V16 V38 V49 Q11 V32T29 T21
Was there first time ever performing in NZ. Wasnt too sure how all the instrumentals would go but the way the bands repertoire unfolded, it was awesome. Rocked the house down. T06 To see it live was brilliant.
Then last but not least was Iva Davies & ICEHOUSE. Gosh....I remember when they were called The Flowers. Well I am sure I dont need to tell you how that went down. He informed us that he hadnt been in NZ for 26 years. They of course did rock the house down & it is strange that how after all the years you dont forget the words to the songs.
It was a bit of a weired mix of artists but it all went down a treat. We all went out for a meal after & asked each other what or which we prefered. One said Alan Parsons but the consensus was a bit of all of them. I know I liked the whole bloody lot & got something out of all of them. So all up....great afternoon. Our talk then drifted to who we thought might come next year. Well that was a huge unknown. Then we sadly reflected on the great artists we lost in 2016 & the number of them & of course pondered on who we may lose this year. Sad
I would just like to put up this tribute clip that Keith Urban (go Kiwi & his beautiful Aussie chick girlfriend. What a beautiful couple) did for some of those  fallen artists. Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTTZjo2Ek78

JW  V08
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:44 pm

granite2 wrote:Hi JW, is that Queenstown and the Remarkables? We visited last year but couldn't even see the mountains as it wouldn't stop raining but we have been there before in better weather. Looks incredible.

Cheers, Jim

Hi Jim, Yes Sir it certainly is. We have more snow again this morning Rolling Eyes More so than in that pic which was taken friday. So much for summer. Couldnt go out for a detect today. We got a little bit of drizzle at the end of the concert but nothing to worry us. Then it poured during the night & now the snow up on the hills. affraid  Hence I am house bound today & passing time on the computer while Mrs JW is watching Netflix. Cheers

JW  V08
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Q38 thanks for the vid.. loved it..

Sounds like you all had a rockin time Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi JW, just think how cold it'd be if we didn't have global warming? T10 Snow on the ranges above Wellington the other day, T01 or so I heard. Our winter and spring here in SA has been one of the wettest and coldest on record with power blackouts that last for weeks for some poor blighters. We are not called the Blackout State for nothing and as this is the driest state on the driest continent on the planet is amazing how cold and wet it has been. V01
And it sounds as if that concert was amazing, glad you had such a great time.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1521
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Q32  Jim & Jen. Yes Jim.....global warming.....propoganda for sure. Well to the extent thay are portraying it. Glaciers have been retreating for thousands of years. As to the weather. We had a real mild winter. Apart from
a couple of dustings of snow actualy on the ground around Queenstown, gone by midday. Our biggest fall was in october & that was nothing really.

How the skifields got in a decent season is beyond me. If it wasnt for their man made snow I think they would have been buggered. They must have got a few natural dumps up there just at the right times to keep them going.
Our summer is sounding a bit like yours although we havnt had heaps of rain but when we have lately it has come with a southerly which brings the snow up in the hills. Yes the concert was great. Cheers

JW Smile
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top