Stolen gpz 7000

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stolen gpz 7000

Post  Philsgold on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:48 pm

hoolahoopa wrote:you would think this would be possible with the in built gps inside the 7000 anyway.
bit like a iphone etc when they turn on the feature it could be tracked.

No not possible,
A GPS is a receive only device.

Phil

Philsgold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2016-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:45 pm

what a cracker wrote:Minelab do have a data base were they can match each serial number up with a name, so it's so important to register your machine with them especially if you buy second hand so the previous owners name is changed to yours.
I know who took my detector and he even took all my game fishing gear as well.
I explained the details to the police and they agreed with me 100% but if you dont
have clear video footage there's nothing they can do.
My question to them was what can you do these days, you are only good for writing up the reports, didn't  go down to well.
So i asume they will lay low with the stolen ltems for a bit and try and off load them once things calm down

G'day Robin,

How is the investigation/return of your items going, as it has been a while now. Hopefully this will be sorted soon and the offending people get their just deserts. I am truly sorry to hear of your dilemma, these low lifes have caused you.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  what a cracker on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi Mike thanks for your concern im pritty shattered at the moment the investigation is going nowhere, cops are hoping they try and sell it ,but they will lay low until the heat cools down and then they might slip up and try and sell it.

what a cracker
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  what a cracker on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:28 pm

The harness was complete but it had a small burn hole on the lower strap right hand side ,looks like a cigarette burn hole on the inside padded strap.

what a cracker
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-07-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top