Fight night.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fight night.

Post  G.B. on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Just shows the strength of Danny Green to continue on after getting that cheap shot to the back of the head in the first round. To put it in perspective a blow to the back of the head like that is very hard to recover from they can leave you groggy for days afterwards.

So for Green to will himself on and come out the Victor shows a strength of character that true champions have.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1235
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatter on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:16 pm

I think Mundine is a ding dong, i reckon Green is only a legend in his own mind and is only half a fighter. But, Mundine won. See greens face and head, yeah, that looked like he won. If the comp was for most bruised face the next two days. Boxing, next to Soccer, the most corrupt sport on planet earth. Fighters set up against bums to look good. Fights refused because the opponent will kick a@$ and fights given to the actual looser because some King Pin crim wants it that way. Crims love the fight game and fighters as "mates" it make em look cooool. Plenty of good fighters out there that would smash both Green and Mundine, but they dont play the game.

Chatter
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2016-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:27 pm

G.B. wrote:Dave I've always cheered for the Green Machine and will tonight as well.

As for the Australian Athem it would be a shame if it wasn't played. Mundine for his reasons and belief can choose to remain seated as is his right to do so.

But while he is seated through the Anthem he should use that time to think. If  it wasn't for brave people in times past fighting for Australia, many of which gave their lives to ensure the Australian Athem could always be freely played.

Whose Anthem would he be listening to before tonights fight, or if in fact he would have been given the opportunity to fight at all.  
Possibly the Japanese, Indonesian or maybe the Chinese Anthem, l wonder which one he would choose.

For the people he detests are the same ones that ensured he had the opprtunity to fight tonight as a free man in his own country.

My thoughts only.

100% correct.
Where would Mundine have been if not for Christian white mans education. he would not have even existed if not for his white heritage. Mundine takes everything and gives nothing but anger and mean spiritedness.
When Danny green passes from this world he will be remembered as a good bloke, a supreme athlete, a fair but hard player and as a bloke who through the offshoots of his boxing made some serious efforts to do some good in this world.

When Mundine leaves this world he might be remembered for being able to box but mostly he will be remembered for being mean spirited and  angry at the world as he perceives it to be through tunnel vision eyes.

Last edited by adrian ss on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1315
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Fight night.

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:30 pm

G.B. wrote:Just shows the strength of Danny Green to continue on after getting that cheap shot to the back of the head in the first round. To put it in perspective a blow to the back of the head like that is very hard to recover from they can leave you groggy for days afterwards.

So for Green to will himself on and come out the Victor shows a strength of character that true champions have.

Yeah GB, sure was a cheap shot, something you would expect to see down the pub on a Saturday night not in the boxing ring.

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 am

Reg, I am older than Mundane so I claim I was here first and therefore more Australian than he is. And I am a supporter of Danny Green, a good honest and fair bloke.

Cheers, Jim Razz
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:19 am

granite2 wrote:Reg,  I am older than Mundane so I claim I was here first and therefore more Australian than he is. And I am a supporter of Danny Green, a good honest and fair bloke.

Cheers, Jim Razz

DITTO
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Fight Night.

Post  mungoman on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:12 pm

I reckon he's just a big sook. Simple as that.
mungoman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Yeah, It's sad really!
The Mundine family have been and are, well liked and respected, up on the north coast of NSW.
The old father always kept his house neat and tidy and did his best to bring them up well and
I'm told, he was very successful with most of the family.
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top