New book.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi all, just thought it was time that I gave members that are interested an update on my new book Bush Redemption. Yes I have listened to thoughts on the book cover, so the toad with the gold has gone. Anyway those that read Blood Gold Revenge, I hope you enjoy the sequel Bush Redemption, should be ready in about a month. Smile And thanks for the posters that contributed with some sayings awhile back on one of my threads, some have been included in this book Very Happy Burnie I have not forgotten you mate, as you were the highest bidder at the bash you will get yours before they go on sale. Very Happy Cheers Dave.

Back to top Go down

Re: New book.

Post  davsgold on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Look forward to the new book mate.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5391
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

I am excited as i have your first one

Bloody had me heart rate going in some places, maybe i am a sook..
but i could not put it down for long..  i just had to know what was going to happen next

So i know your next book will be just as thrilling affraid

Thankyou for writting up such a great book..
For those that don't have a copy.. i reckon you should get one..

Waiting waiting waiting ... yes i am an inpatient person lol! lol!
Just hope my ticker can take it once i get my hands on it Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:00 am

Yep, after Blood Gold Revenge, I'm in for a copy! Wink
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:10 am

davsgold wrote:Look forward to the new book mate.  

cheers dave

Thanks Dave, I have had quite a few proof readers read Bush Redemption and all have commented that it is better than Blood Gold Revenge Smile

Back to top Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:12 am

Jen58 wrote:I am excited as i have your first one

Bloody had me heart rate going in some places, maybe i am a sook..
but i could not put it down for long..  i just had to know what was going to happen next

So i know your next book will be just as thrilling affraid

Thankyou for writting up such a great book..
For those that don't have a copy.. i reckon you should get one..

Waiting waiting waiting ... yes i am an inpatient person lol! lol!
Just hope my ticker can take it once i get my hands on it  Laughing

Hi Jen, yep this one is certainly more fast paced than the first one Smile

Back to top Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:17 am

Inhere wrote:Yep, after Blood Gold Revenge, I'm in for a copy! Wink

Hi Inhere, I have put up the first few pages of the new book on my Blood Gold Revenge group page on facebook if anyone is interested. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:32 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:

Hi Inhere, I have put up the first few pages of the new book on my Blood Gold Revenge group page on facebook if anyone is interested. Smile

Here's the link... but a lot don't do the facebook thing Bloodgold2 Crying or Very sad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/924727354262576/permalink/1179019302166712/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Enjoyed your first mate, and will give the new one a run too.
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 pm

Jen58 wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:

Here's the link... but a lot don't do the facebook thing Bloodgold2 Crying or Very sad

Hi Jen, thanks for posting that up,yeah I guess your right, probably not a lot of members on facebook.

Back to top Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Redfin wrote:Enjoyed your first mate, and will give the new one a run too.

Hi Redfin, thanks mate. Yeah started up our own company Blood Gold Publications and Productions, so we won't get shafted like we did when the other publisher we had our first book with went bankrupt. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:24 pm

Congrats for your new company Dave. T06 Can't wait to see your new book to be released and I'm sure it will be a best seller. T25

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:52 pm

Thanks Mike Smile Yeah have had a few tire kicker production companies approach me since the launch of my first book. It's all roses and slaps on the back till you get the contract Rolling Eyes So yeah have another one arriving this month for discussions after just reading the draft of Bush Redemption. Let's see what happens Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Jen58 wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:

Thanks Jen, I'm not big on the facebook thing but I did bookmark that page, I reckon "Blood Gold Revenge" would make a great movie, so
I wont be missing this new one. Wink
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:17 pm

No worries, there's a few that hate facebook Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:06 am

bloodgold2 wrote:

Hi Redfin, thanks mate. Yeah started up our own company Blood Gold Publications and Productions, so we won't get shafted like we did when the other publisher we had our first book with went bankrupt. Smile

Mrs Redfin and I self published nearly a decade ago now.
I prepared the pdf in the printers requirements, which was a big learning curve.
Then the cover, spline and rear cover took me 2 weeks and many, many photographs till I got it right.

First run was 3,000 books @ $3.50 each. Sold for $20 plus $ 2 postage.
Second run another 3,000 @ $2,10 each. Sold at same price.
Third and final run was 5,000 @ $0.95 each. Sold at $20 including post.

All sold within 3 months but we had good exposure ie; middle pages of Sunday Herald Sun [body and soul] nationwide,
local press as well as a segment on A Current Affair.
Pity the ebook format wasn't around then.

We did our mail orders ourselves by hand. We were moving so many per day the Post Office came to us for daily pick ups.
Was a fun time.

Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:32 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:Hi all, just thought it was time that I gave members that are interested an update on my new book Bush Redemption. Yes I have listened to thoughts on the book cover, so the toad with the gold has gone. Anyway those that read Blood Gold Revenge, I hope you enjoy the sequel Bush Redemption, should be ready in about a month. Smile And thanks for the posters that contributed with some sayings awhile back on one of my threads, some have been included in this book Very Happy Burnie I have not forgotten you mate, as you were the highest bidder at the bash you will get yours before they go on sale. Very Happy  Cheers Dave.

No worries Dave.

I appreciate the amount of work that obviously goes into a project like this, let alone looking after the administrative side of things publishers etc..

Looking forward to it  study , but no pressure from here. When your ready will be just fine.  T06

Good luck with it and trust you are keeping well.

Bernie
Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Redfin wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:

Mrs Redfin and I self published nearly a decade ago now.
I prepared the pdf in the printers requirements, which was a big learning curve.
Then the cover, spline and rear cover took me 2 weeks and many, many photographs till I got it right.

First run was 3,000 books @ $3.50 each. Sold for $20 plus $ 2 postage.
Second run another 3,000 @ $2,10 each. Sold at same price.
Third and final run was 5,000 @ $0.95 each. Sold at $20 including post.

All sold within 3 months but we had good exposure ie; middle pages of Sunday Herald Sun [body and soul] nationwide,
local press as well as a segment on A Current Affair.
Pity the ebook format wasn't around then.

We did our mail orders ourselves by hand. We were moving so many per day the Post Office came to us for daily pick ups.
Was a fun time.

Wow Redfin, that's really pumping out the books mate, well done. Very Happy We still pay a company to format the book, edit, front cover design if need. Ebook format is different again, so you have to buy separate isbn numbers. The print on demand is a great bonus these days as they can print out 1 copy or a 1000 depending on what order is placed and they send it out to your client from the printers, which our printer happens to be in Victoria. Yeah have no idea how many physical copies end ebooks of my novel the swines sold before they went broke. Sad

Back to top Go down

New book.

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:16 pm

determined1 wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:Hi all, just thought it was time that I gave members that are interested an update on my new book Bush Redemption. Yes I have listened to thoughts on the book cover, so the toad with the gold has gone. Anyway those that read Blood Gold Revenge, I hope you enjoy the sequel Bush Redemption, should be ready in about a month. Smile And thanks for the posters that contributed with some sayings awhile back on one of my threads, some have been included in this book Very Happy Burnie I have not forgotten you mate, as you were the highest bidder at the bash you will get yours before they go on sale. Very Happy  Cheers Dave.

No worries Dave.

I appreciate the amount of work that obviously goes into a project like this, let alone looking after the administrative side of things publishers etc..

Looking forward to it  study , but no pressure from here. When your ready will be just fine.  T06

Good luck with it and trust you are keeping well.

Bernie
Determined1

Thanks Burnie, there is no hard copy in book form yet, but yeah mate can get abit full on through formatting as you are allocated 48 hours to accept or deny any revised changes. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Well done Dave. I thought your first book was excellent so looking forward to the next one
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2393
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

-new-book

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks Jeff, yeah it was about 50-50 on the cover so I decided to play it safe. Smile Shouldn't be to long now if everything continues to run smoothly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top