New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. Take 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. Take 2.

Post  ozgold 041 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Quote from the above Sticky Posts:
My Quote on Feb 3rd 2017:   I would also like to draw all Members attention to an advertisement in Today’s Herald Sun Friday Feb 3rd 2017, the ad placed by our local miner in Central Victoria, Mr N. Perry.                                                                                                                                              

This appears in the General Notices Section, under the Heading of Native Vegetation Proposals.  He is asking for all interested parties that will be affected by these changes, to please email him with their contact details.

He is looking to amass a united front of many, including any concerned Victorian Organizations, Farmers everywhere, and Assorted Clubs where their members utilize the bush on a regular basis, Prospectors and Miners State wide.

These Steam-Rolled proposals have been kept Under the Radar so to speak. Assessment Committees have been stacked specifically, so there can only be one outcome.

Now is the time for us all to act on this, you will not get another chance to insure that we keep our access to the forests of Victoria. Farmers must look into this, as it will affect their Private land in the long run.
There is another similar article to this, in Today’s Wednesday the 8th Feb 2017 Herald and Weekly Times, there could be a write-up too I have been informed.

============================================================================

Hello Members once again.

This time my message may be blunt, but Mr N. Perry, has rang me to say he not had 1 response from the prospectors and detector operators of Victoria. The Mining parties, Farmers etc have shown their support, but he said “Where are the many detector people, prospectors etc”?   Well where are you???

This situation is about to affect us all in a big way
, yet it would appear that our side, (The real gold finding crowd), just doesn’t give a damn????

There is another similar article, in Today’s Wednesday the 8th Feb 2017 Herald and Weekly Times, there could be a write-up in a Letter to the Editor he hoped. I have been informed last night.

With these new proposals to change the Victorian Native Vegetation Act, there was supposed to be a chance for everyone to have their say on these matters, but the details of this opportunity and the timing was very poorly advertised.

This White paper for us to comment on was released in late December last year, a time when everyone’s thoughts were on Christmas, Families getting together, Presents, Holidays, and New Year etc.
Farmers were cropping everywhere, hardly a time for them to sit down and read the bl00dy paper, especially the Government Notices Column, written in fine print.

Any submissions were to be lodged by the start of February this year, a very suspect time period to release an important document like this, where so many will be affected, these being my thoughts on this.

Then I read in the Maryborough Advertiser, where the Victorian Farmers Federation has secured a “Reprieve” from the State Labour Government, with them giving interested parties a 1 month extension for Proposals to now be lodged.

Mr N Perry is asking for support from everyone that will be affected to send their email details to him, at his e/mail address, which is nevilleperry66@gmail.com

He asked me to also mention that his proposal for our united front, (if we can get the numbers)?? Was to organise and assemble another Eureka Rebellion in the heart of Ballarat.

A non violent one this time, yet a very noisy mob of angry Gold miners, perhaps dressed in old time miner’s clothing, belting on gold dishes etc.   There was talk of hiring that bunch of colorfully dressed troopers from Sovereign Hill, with their mock rifles, bayonet’s etc.  Firing blanks I hope?

This would certainly draw plenty of media attention to our grievances, both Nationwide and Worldwide for that matter, what TV station would not want a piece of this action.

It would be only the second time in Victorian history this has happened
, and for us to be in such an event as this, how about you blokes?  

You ain’t gonna get shot like those other poor blighters did, well maybe not, but what a time it could be eh.

Come on!!!  Ozgold with your last shot.

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Re: New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. Take 2.

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:55 pm

G'day Ozgold 01,

Someone maybe should have put up a petition on behalf of all people that use the bush/land like prospectors, bush walkers, bike riders, 4wheel drivers and shooters and have them in all prospecting/detector shops, post offices and local milk bar/general stores etc.  That way we/all can sign that petition and then there would have been many signatures to hand into the relevant departments.    Just MHO.    

Cheers.  

Mike.

Last edited by Mike54 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Thankyou Ozgold 41

Mr N Perry is asking for support from everyone that will be affected to send their email details to him, at his e/mail address, which is nevilleperry66@gmail.com

He asked me to also mention that his proposal for our united front, (if we can get the numbers)?? Was to organise and assemble another Eureka Rebellion in the heart of Ballarat.

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Yes, as Mike said - a petition will work better.
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:32 pm

G'day ozgold 041

I have sent Neville an email supporting him.

cheers dave

Management

Number of posts : 5303
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:48 pm

G'day Ozgold , G'day Nev , I think you are on the right track with another Protest March & Ballarat would be the place, you mention a united front which is the way to go , so in saying that you/we would need the support of the PMAV & any other interested groups , It is no good trying different march's/ rallies it needs to be together as a whole . I haven't heard what or if the PMAV are planning, I think it is time to have a meeting with them. Just my idea on the situation, Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Guys & Gals, I have had the same thoughts as Neville about the Eureka Rebellion. But my thought was more around building a stockade right next to where the first stockade was built and camp there with the Eureka flag flying until we are heard. This is not only for prospectors but also for anyone else or group that is affected by these laws. I think when the word get's around not only will we get people from Vic but from other states as well. Not only is there the Monument to the Eureka Battle but also a building dedicated to Australian Democracy. People who fought for their rights in the past as what we'll be doing in the future. This would not only get into local new and TV but also into major news in all city's and towns around Australia and possibly over seas. The Government would then have to hear what we have to say and change their laws. We have tried petitions but they seem to land on deaf ears. We need to show the rest of Australia that we mean business by mass numbers and I think this could be the way. OK have your rallies but if that does not work, then we try the Eureka Stockade thing.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4152
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:07 pm

The sad truth is that it's not only the Greens we have to worry about, there is also a small element of prospectors out there that have no regard for other prospectors.

The element I'm talking about are the ones that think no-one else should have a right to the gold, the ones that do not fill holes and do untold damage without care.

They are the ones that want prospecting banned,  they are also the ones that will ignore rules and regulations. Jump fences and treat all with contempt.

Knowing full well they will continue to prospect in areas closed to prospecting and detecting.

I have met a couple of the ones l described and know of others. They also generally hate the PMAV because they blame the PMAV for fighting for our rights and promoting prospecting and these type don't like genuine competion for the gold.  

So with all the odds stacked against us it's time to stand up and be counted.  Remember a vocal Minority will always defeat a Silent Majority so everyone l urge you to yell and scream as loud as you can and get your family and friends to yell and scream also to save our rights to enjoy finding GOLD.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1233
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:46 pm

I have just read this post and am amazed at the apparent lack of concern and interest regarding this matter if the number of views are any indication. The number of views 258, compared to other topics, one which was first posted after this one (1052) have many more views. I guess there will be many more views and posts when restrictions are enforced upon us.

MacRob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:52 pm

MacRob wrote:I have just read this post and am amazed at the apparent lack of concern and interest regarding this matter if the number of views are any indication. The number of views 258, compared to other topics, one which was first posted after this one (1052) have many more views. I guess there will be many more views and posts when restrictions are enforced upon us.

Yes it seem that way..

I also sent Neville perry an email.

Back to top Go down

New proposals to changes to the Victorian Native Vegetation Act.

Post  ozgold 041 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:34 am

Hello Members.

Nev Perry rang again last night to say he has had a welcoming response to my last plea through the forum, and for that he thanks you all very much.

He is in the process of getting back to you all soon, but he has once again asked for more support from the prospecting and detecting community, and also any other groups or clubs, farmers etc you may know of, that haven’t seen what’s coming.

If you could please let them know to contact him, and to send their email details, to his e/mail address, which is nevilleperry66@gmail.com

Nev is doing this off his own bat, it has cost him a lot of money for advertising so far, and he is running out of time, as the Public's written responses to their “proposals”, have to be in by the end of this month.

Even to organize a mock Eureka Rebellion takes time and planning, permits etc. It looks like this would be staged outside the modern Eureka building at Ballarat.

These “New Rules” if they get through Parliament, will affect the majority of country people, private land-holders, and city people who visit the country towns for rest or recreation.

If you have a liking to just being a robot, that is programmed on what you can do with your life, and especially “What you can’t do”.

Go ahead and sit on your hands!

Regards from ozgold.

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Email sent.

nevilleperry66@gmail.com

SEND NEVILLE AN EMAIL AND DO YOUR PART AS A FELLOW PROSPECTOR AND PASS IT ON. sunny
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:14 am

Email sent. nevilleperry66@gmail.com

More support is needed from our members.

MacRob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:46 am

Just those words "Biodiversity and Native Vegetation" are enough to turn most people off from reading the topic.

Only Egg Heads and paranoid Greens use those words.

Maybe if the Topic read:

Greens Want All Human Life Outlawed From The Australian Bush (Our Natural Environment).

I suggest that all Greens and Biodiverse types should have to live an Amish life style in a tree, plant, animal and mineral free open plain environment and a study carried out to find out how long they can survive without mining, ships, planes, trains, 4x4s, hospitals, dentists n paint for their garden gnomes. OMG! OMG! OMG!
AYEEEEEEEEEE!! No paint for their gnomes That alone would be enough to drive them all back to pot smoking. Q24 Q24 Q24 Q24

Ang on a minute!!
They could not grow pot because it is not part of the natural Environmental Native Vegetation.......Bloody elll they would stuffed propper aye!! Q25 Q25 Q25 Q25
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ozgold 041 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:58 am

Hello Forum Members.

Neville Perry contacted me with very welcome news yesterday; he now has had a wonderful response from many concerned detector users and prospectors.

With these added to the Prospectors and Miners Association of Victoria, the Farmers Federation and many bush oriented Clubs and other relevant Associations etc, things are shaping up to a showdown.

I will attach Mr N. Perry’s responding Email that he has sent out, with a request to the people that have been in touch with him.

I hope those that have not done so yet will join in with the others, and send off emails expressing their own thoughts on the new proposed restrictions to country Victorian Forests.

For help with this, see the email below

============================================================================

Hi Everyone
Thank you for the support that you have shown in our endeavors against the Environmental Office.

If everyone can send an email something like this, yet phrase it in your own words, this is essential for any government recognition, and these cannot be all identical.

The main thing that needs to be stated on each and every response, is that you are a stakeholder and are represented by Mr N. Perry in the below advertisements.

Letter: ================================================================================

I am/we are, one of the stakeholders mentioned by Mr Perry in his public advertisements, in the Herald Sun dated the 03/02/2017 and also in the Herald & Weekly Times Dated 08/02/2017.

(I /we) reject any and all environmental changes proposed by the Environmental Office of DELWP and the Environment Minister of Victoria.

All these proposed changes do not take into account many other stakeholder concerns such as mine.

They only reflect a highly organized City based green view, leaving the rural areas with great losses to any employment and development opportunities, which are sorely needed now in country and rural Victoria.

Etc, Etc.

==================================================================================================

Please get as many people as possible to flood these relevant Ministers, and the Environmental office with your responses. We need to fill their email boxes with our issues and thoughts.

With my great appreciation to you all. Kindest regards. Neville Perry

==========================================================

For the relevant Ministers and Environmental feedback Offices. See the email addresses provided below.

http://www.lilydambrosio.com.au/lily.d'ambrosio@parliament.vic.gov.au

http://www.jaalapulford.com.au/jaala.pulford@parliament.vic.gov.au

http://www.wadenoonan.com.au/wade.noonan@parliament.vic.gov.au

nativevegetation.review@delwp.vic.gov.au

brad.battin@parliament.vic.gov.au Shadow Minister for Emergency Services.

=================================================================================

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  ozgold 041 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:29 am

MacRob wrote:Email sent.          nevilleperry66@gmail.com                                  
More support is needed from our members.

========================================================================================

Hello Forum Members.
The latest on the protest about the new proposed changes to the Native Vegetation act, is progressing.

I was informed yesterday there is another letter of objection published in yesterday’s Weekly Times General Notices, and also in the Letters to the Editor.

This time the message is more forthright and provoking, to try to bring these matters to the fore, other legal letters have been sent to the appropriate Ministers, giving them a time limit to respond to the many stakeholders.

They have to respond to us, or further legal action will be taken, and at their expense, I somehow don’t think our embattled Premier would like more public disobedience and discord just at the moment. He is in more trouble presently than the political system is, in the USA.    

If you can; please have a read of this week’s Weekly Times, and the other correspondence sent directly to the Government is more pointed in outlining our dissatisfaction. So there should be more news of this matter soon.

Regards to all the Stakeholders.

Ozgold.  

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:03 am

EMAIL sent to nevilleperry66@gmail.com

hapalogh
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Will send this to 6 Poli's.
I'am one of the stake holders ect,ect

All these proposed changes for Biodiversity and Native Vegetation,will cost the taxpayer, a Total loss.
What tourist in their right mind, for one hour bus ride,would want to see more and more of the same,
1800's diggings in the ground.which would go on and on and on,not to mention,lack of vegetation,trees fallen over,stumps, lots of dirt,but great roads after so called upgrade.

I'm sure when the tourists get back home'they would network,their travels,to the old gold fields, and future tourists would cease to travel here.
But as was quoted by another member on this forum,If they knew about Sovereign Hill in Ballarat,
i'm sure they would flock to this place,in droves,as there is much to see and do.

And maybe leave these golden triangle dirt tracks alone,so if a small number of these tourists,o'seas or locals,want to see the old 1800's gold diggings, local people could start up a 4 wheel drive company,for these small amount of tourists,in a small designated area,to look only from vehicles,and leave us, the ones who really love and use the bush alone.

And maybe if others who use the bush and farmers ect ,promote Sovereign Hill,and if they get a big influx of tourists their,maybe they could help other towns in the golden triangle,financially.

PS To management wondering if I can use "4 umer detecting forum"to Email this story.
signed "EUREKA" moment.

hapalogh
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:37 pm

PSS Woops . I meant to use "4 umer prospecting forum" in my story but using my own Email address Embarassed

hapalogh
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top