Australian Gold Prospecting Forums, Smarten Up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Australian Gold Prospecting Forums, Smarten Up.

Post  kon61 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 pm

G'day fellow prospectors

It saddens me greatly to see, on this & other forums, fellow prospectors disrespecting fellow prospectors, through way of foul language, slander, innuendo, intimidation & personal attacks. Adults behaving like children. If we wish to see this wonderful hobby of ours continue, we must not stand divided, but work as one. Are there not enough hurtful things, already going around on this earth, that we must add more to the equation? Before condemning your fellow man, ask ourselves, am I perfect, free of all wrong? So lets begin by correcting our own mistakes first, before trying to correct our brothers. Let not pride blind us to the fact, that as human beings, we have been given the power to right what is wrong & ask for forgiveness. If only the timers of old, who went through thick & thin, giving life & limb on the gold fields, bringing with them, the simplest of meager possessions, could see us now, they'd flip in their graves knowing, we give a whole new meaning to true prospecting mate-ship. A mate-ship that clearly, we are not worthy of.

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 5000
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Gold Prospecting Forums, Smarten Up.

Post  big fella on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Gday Kon and everyone. You know I read this a few time and how right it is. I have gone through life saying if you want to complain show up also with a possible solution it would be great if it worked. Let's all be on the same page and don't entertain trouble makers who look for an audience. Remember silence is golden. Hope you all have a great day.
Regards big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:28 pm

V01 I think you will find that's spelt ******* Rolling Eyes  lol!  don't judge, every one has other hobby's other than prospecting Embarassed  

Wayne cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Digginerup wrote:V01 I think you will find that's spelt ******* Rolling Eyes  lol!  don't judge, every one has other hobby's other than prospecting Embarassed  

Wayne cheers

Given that there are about 90% plus blokes as members I'd suggest that there are a lot of "*******" here Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked affraid
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2045
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  flyrock on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Last edited by flyrock on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

flyrock
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Language Fellas. Shocked

Kon
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Seems a simple solution, instead of locking up threads, is for the moderators to simply remove any offending post. Why let some jerk get away with sabotaging a good thread, especially now that he/she knows the mods will lock up or delete the whole thread. Most threads and post are harmless, maybe one or two a week cause a bit of controversy, so it's not as if the mods will be run off their feet. Which brings me to a subject that might upset a few. There are some mods who have been left carrying the can and it is not fair to put all the burden on them. If you are a moderator and you feel that you can't be on most of the time to help out (which is fully understandable if you have family or work commitments) then maybe, just maybe, you should consider falling on your sword for the betterment of this forum.

Management

Number of posts : 3473
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Duly noted Slim. Although keeping track, of the many a constant post being put up, the Admin crew do the best they can, sorting out the good from the bad.

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:35 am

flyrock wrote:Hi Burkey
Caught one on my first drop (thought wanker might get rejected, like the letters QED - don't do the forum thing much!)
hobbies?
What part of professional prospectors don't you understand? - pays the mortgage every week!
I'm typing when I've had waaaayyy to much shiraz!
sorry troops

Simmer down Flyrock

My post is a bit of light hearted humour with my mate Digginerup as we prospect together.
So don't get your professional knickers in a twist man !!!

Honestly if you have something to share go right ahead as I would be happy to take it on board to get better at this game as I strive to do the best I can, was definitely not having a go at you !! nor am I in this post it's all in a bit of fun isn't that they Aussie way ???
If I had no commitments I would most certainly love to prospect on a more permanent basis.

I'm all ears.
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2045
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:52 am

kon61 wrote:G'day fellow prospectors

It saddens me greatly to see, on this & other forums, fellow prospectors disrespecting fellow prospectors, through way of foul language, slander, innuendo, intimidation & personal attacks. Adults behaving like children. If we wish to see this wonderful hobby of ours continue, we must not stand divided, but work as one.  Are there not enough hurtful things, already going around on this earth, that we must add more to the equation?  Before condemning your fellow man, ask ourselves, am I perfect, free of all wrong?  So lets begin by correcting our own mistakes first, before trying to correct our brothers. Let not pride blind us to the fact, that as human beings, we have been given the power to right what is wrong & ask for forgiveness. If only the timers of old, who went through thick & thin, giving life & limb on the gold fields, bringing with them, the simplest of meager possessions, could see us now, they'd flip in their graves knowing, we give a whole new meaning to true prospecting mate-ship. A mate-ship that clearly, we are not worthy of.

Cheers Kon. Q11  

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from but I don't think that this sort of behaviour is peculiar to just prospecting forums, we are in a new world now and the people in it are very different to the people even 50 years ago, there are people in great positions of power that run off at the mouth and behave erratically so how can you reasonably expect that others wont follow their lead, the old morals and sense of mateship and fair play are pretty much dead and gone, in this day and age if you play by the old rules by giving the benefit of the doubt or by taking someone at their word or sealing a deal with a handshake you are going to get screwed, when people see the so called stalwarts of society acting in this way then its really no surprise that they think its now normal, its sadly a case of monkey see monkey do.

The other thing relating to peoples behaviour on these forums is that its faceless and very easy to get away unbruised if you want to slag off at someone and as its safe some people will do it for fun because there's no chance of physical retaliation, if it were face to face then that would be a very different story.

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Absolutely agree with you au-fever. Respect & true mate-ship is all but gone. This is what makes it so sad. Is it not enough that we are all brainwashed to run with the flow of today's corrupt laws & rules set down by a higher authority? Two wrongs don't make a right though & I want to believe, all is not lost, but a glimmer of hope remains, for us all out there.

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Not all is lost yet con, its only a few that makes it seem that way . cheers Smile
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Sorry for the stuff up mate , that's Kon not con Rolling Eyes Smile
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Just a note Slim on some moderators carrying the can. The reason why we have so many mods, is that we all have varied lives. Some of us like myself have been a mod for 16 years whilst others have only been on a short time. It is up to the Mod concerned how they monitor the forum as we work as a team, so whilst you may see comments from one mod, the others are still there and know whats going on. We do not leave it to one or two Mods to monitor the forum as we back each other up. I couldn't get a better team.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2244
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top