Minelab gold monster 1000

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Minelab gold monster 1000

Post  HOBO'S Gold on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 am

Minelab has just released a video on the Gold monster 1000, is this detector going to replace the 2300 or is a just a new toy for us to play with?
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Minelab gold monster 1000

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:14 am

Back to top Go down

Post  bbrook on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:16 am

Not sure about replacing the sdc , the blurb says its a vlf machine . Looks like it's aimed at the African market from the video , though I see JP has had a go with it
thanks Brett

Last edited by bbrook on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
bbrook
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:02 pm

G'Day folks,
Rather interesting that ML have released a new gold machine given the release earlier this year of another gold machine, could well be a case of the ML team sitting in the board room singing that song "anything you can do I/we can do better" time, as always will tell.
Just some random thoughts.
Stay cool, AUoptimist

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:25 pm

It's replacing the Eureka gold detector by the looks of it.
Hopefully a lot better.
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:27 pm

video doesn't give us much to go by unfortunately, but i hope it has good discrimination features and can handle our mineralisation.
almost bought a gold bug a week ago but got told to hold off because off this machine.
time will tell.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:23 pm

You can buy these detectors from the goodguys, No only joking but they look the same and maybe they will do the same job Q25 Q34
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:29 pm

I read elsewhere that its a 2 frequency vlf detector and has no discrimination, aimed at the African market and pre order prices are at $799 US, a replacement for the Eureka Gold probably, anybody heard of a release date and if there is any further information available on them?

au-fever

Last edited by au-fever on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Q25 Q25 You crack me up HOBO. Q25
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:06 pm

If the ground in Africa is so benign that you can pick up decent gold with a VLF,get me on a flight there asap,coz I will "clean up" with my 4500 and SDC V11 Laughing
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:09 am

Sharkbait wrote:If the ground in Africa is so benign that you can pick up decent gold with a VLF,get me on a flight there asap,coz I will "clean up" with my 4500 and SDC  V11 Laughing

An awful lot of gold was found in Australia before the advent of PI machines, I used high frequency VLF machines professionally for a number of years before the SD 2000 came out and did pretty well with them. From memory our last winter season in 1994 we got over 40 ounces, that's pretty good going even by today's standards. There is still plenty of gold to be found with a high frequency VLF detector here in Australia, when you consider a gram of gold is worth over AU$50 that's enough money to feed a lot of people in some third world countries.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  ARIZONA on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:06 am

I have a friend in Arizona who is trying one out right now. So far he is very happy with it. But is withholding info for a bit for testing it. And will turn over the testing after the release of it here. All he says is that he has found gold with it along with a bunch of lead bullets.

ARIZONA
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:49 am

So! Are we all going to slam the Gold Monster before we know anything about it......like we do to everything else new to the market. I mean hell; with a name like Gold Monster it couldn't possibly be actually made by Minelab Australia. Sounds like something a school kid would want....VLF!! VLFs are useless and Discrimination!! Who uses discrimination in the gold fields..even in Africa affraid definitely named by a Chinaman.  Laughing.
It'l be as noisy and unstable as the devil during  a fire ban Q24

And what's that stork thing stickin out the front!!>> OH NOOOOO ut runs on C cells Must be a guttless wonder.  Bloody hell ya can not get C cells any where out in the desert

If you have your sarcasem detector switched on it should be sounding off big time about now. Q35 Q35 Q35 Q25 Q24 Q24

Or in other words. Maybe wait until some factual reports come in as to how good or bad the machine is before people start with the negative posts.

VLFs? I have found good gold with this type of tecta.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1169
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:06 pm

And some of our miners think they have a rough tough life. Rolling Eyes

http://www.voanews.com/a/reu-desperation-and-death-beneath-south-africa-city-of-gold/3510067.html
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 am

I like this bit about the Gold Monster 1000, Covers the lower end and almost up to the GB2 end of the KHZ.  Will be interesting to see how it pans out in the field

I should add this bit ( quoted from an Andy Sabisch post on Findmall )

"Ok, maybe not the typical Minelab name for a product but it offers exceptional performance on a wide range of target sizes . . . from sub-grain to whoppers. While it is designated as a single frequency VLF operating at 45 khz, the Minelab engineers have designed a new way to spread that out so that you are able to detect targets of all sizes. Other detectors are hot for small pieces or large pieces based on their frequency forcing one to choose what they are looking to find or buy multiple units to cover all bases. The following graph shows what the engineers worked to accomplish:"

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:27 pm

G'day guys,this is in no way intended as a "negative post" and I would be happily shouted down if someone can explain something to me Rolling Eyes

I have been a coin and relic hunter for many a year ( early 1980's) using a variety of different VLF detectors..In the early days,i know many people used these machines in the goldfields with great success.
Then thanks to the great Bruce Candy,P.I. technology was born and VLF slowly faded into the background in the hunt for the yellow.

I used to own a Minelab Quattro,which along with the Explorer and E-Trac were advertised by Minelab as superior "Coin & Relic" machines,which they were.They weren't touted as "Gold detectors" and that was fine,buyers knew what they were getting,and serious prospectors were using P.I. machines.
The Quattro and it's bigger brothers,Explorer and E-Trac used FBS ( Full Band Spectrum) technology as their operating frequency i.e from 1.5kHz to 100kHz. At the risk of sounding like Pauline Hanson lol,could someone please explain to me how a detector with a single frequency of 45kHz be marketed purely as a "Gold" detector?
I'm not saying the Gold Monster won't find gold,but surely with the number of P.I. machines that have combed our goldfields over the past 30 odd years,you would struggle to find anything deeper than a sunbaker with it? Hell,even guys using SDC's are only picking up flysh*t Shocked

Just my humble opinion guys,not trying to start a keyboard war..just a simple explanation to this technologically challenged,relative new chum (only been lookin for the good stuff since 2010) Razz

Cheers...Dave
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Maybe this would be better asked in the "All About Detectors' section.

Just a thought.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:52 pm

I concur, there was a hell of a lot of gold got by VLFs. Being privileged to get into gold hunting back in 79, I had the good fortune to participate with good success. To take this a little further and this would be a guess for others VLFs finds, from my own experience, as much gold was got by those VLFs as has been got by PIs. I don`t believe there is any way to prove this or disprove it. But to repeat from my own experience and from others I have known from the VLF era this is true.

Heh I`m not in any way knocking the PIs, I got into them as soon as they were proven gold finders, the PIs and now ZVT just made the game a lot easier, handle the mineralisation much better thus more depth but those early VLFs were king for many years. Whites, Garrets, Bounty Hunters, Fishers, Compass, Bridgewrights, MLs etc VLFs ruled. Today no doubt the PIs & the Z rules but the VLFs still have there place out there. Myself I rarely use one on gold except to clean up trash and surface gold that may have deeper gold underneath for the Z. Will be interesting to see the Monster in action, for me I can never knock a new ML product, time just seems to prove them up.

norvic
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Sharkbait wrote:G'day guys,this is in no way intended as a "negative post" and I would be happily shouted down if someone can explain something to me Rolling Eyes

I have been a coin and relic hunter for many a year ( early 1980's) using a variety of different VLF detectors..In the early days,i know many people used these machines in the goldfields with great success.
Then thanks to the great Bruce Candy,P.I. technology was born and VLF slowly faded into the background in the hunt for the yellow.

I used to own a Minelab Quattro,which along with the Explorer and E-Trac were advertised by Minelab as superior "Coin & Relic" machines,which they were.They weren't touted as "Gold detectors" and that was fine,buyers knew what they were getting,and serious prospectors were using P.I. machines.
                   The Quattro and it's bigger brothers,Explorer and E-Trac used FBS ( Full Band Spectrum) technology as their operating frequency i.e from 1.5kHz to 100kHz. At the risk of sounding like Pauline Hanson lol,could someone please explain to me how a detector with a single frequency of 45kHz be marketed purely as a "Gold" detector?
                       I'm not saying the Gold Monster won't find gold,but surely with the number of P.I. machines that have combed our goldfields over the past 30 odd years,you would struggle to find anything deeper than a sunbaker with it? Hell,even guys using SDC's are only picking up flysh*t Shocked

Just my humble opinion guys,not trying to start a keyboard war..just a simple explanation to this technologically challenged,relative new chum (only been lookin for the good stuff since 2010) Razz

Cheers...Dave

Yeah Dave ,sort of thinking along the same lines my self ,and yeah maybe being marketed more at overseas markets , I suppose only time will tell , myself a gold hunter ,it'd take a lot to convince me to go back to VLF's ,been too spoilt with P.I.'s....  Thou if Dr Bruce Candy has had anything to do with it ....I will definitely  sit up and take notice ,the weight of it looks very appealing Smile
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:10 am

The name of the game is finding gold so at the end of the day trying another type of detector is no different than trying another new type of coil, its always going to be a case of suck and see, as far as pi machines go its a simple case of depth and ground handling capability being its strengths compared to the vlf machines which have the best discrimination capability, good on tiny gold and are generally more lightweight than pi machines, often people carry both types of machines for these reasons alone.

At least with the gold monster its not going to be a case of forking out $3000+ like with the sdc2300 which by the way did exactly as advertised, but it has been widely commented on that it has poor ergonomics and a crap battery system, but even with these issue it has been very popular and has kept its resale price better than some other models.

The gold monster may very well fit in to the category of a second detector to compliment your main machine, much like what the sdc does, the up side is that as its lightweight and easy to use it something that you can just pick up and use about the camp when you are knackered from walking all day carrying all the usual gear, and just want to fill in a couple of hours before stumps.

Providing it can do as advertised it could be a useful tool in your arsenal, but its a pity though because I have long said that a depth capable vlf with very good discrimination ability is what is really needed as we all know areas that still have gold but also still has tons of ferrous crap strewn about as well, and the monster from what have read does not have discrimination, obviously to make it work as they were wanting it to they have had to trade off the discrimination feature.

Has a release date been set for here in Australia?, I asked the question of a dealer and he was surprised that I had even heard of it, but did not get back to me about it anyway, maybe they don't know as yet either?

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:30 am

I heard April over here in the States.
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  California on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:33 am

This new Monster will find a market in the U.S. if it has a good discrimination ability...I do believe it has a purpose in trashy areas. I like the look of it and has good ergonomics and its lightweight for easy packing. Would be nice of some testers or Minelab to give us a review before we pre order...
California
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:40 am

California wrote:This new Monster will find a market in the U.S. if it has a good discrimination ability...I do believe it has a purpose in trashy areas. I like the look of it and has good ergonomics and its lightweight for easy packing. Would be nice of some testers or Minelab to give us a review before we pre order...

Hi California

Apparently its a gold only detector and has no discrimination, we have plenty of trashy areas here too in WA that will still produce gold and a capable gold detector with reliable discrimination is what's needed to work them, I was hoping also when I heard about its release that this machine might be the one but unfortunately no. No

There has been no more information put out since the initial announcement of its release as far as I know, well none that I can find anyway, but no doubt there will be more drip feeding just prior the release date, and then we might get some tester reviews to help bolster sales, its all about marketing as they have followed a similar sort of pattern for new detector releases, just putting out enough information to get people interested and speculating the pro's and cons, just getting the peasants collective juices flowing and with the dealers and testers keeping mum. silent

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:41 am

I do believe the Gold Monster 1000 has both Discrimination as well as nugget id probability bar, look close just above the top of the lcd screen see, nail to left side and gold bar to right side, just below that on the screen top is a adj bar for the disc,  then dead center in the lcd screen is the nugget id,

I got a close look at one of these detectors at a gold show here in Calif about three weeks ago. No demo's at the time. Just hands on looking.

http://md-hunter.com/minelab-gold-monster-1000-new-2017-price-video/

Last edited by gold bug sniper on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:07 am

gold bug sniper wrote:I do believe the Gold Monster 1000 has both Discrimination as well as nugget id, look close just above the top of the lcd screen see, nail to left side and gold bar to right side, just below that on the screen top is a adj bar for the disc,  then dead center in the lcd screen is the nugget id,

I got a close look at one of these detectors at a gold show here in Calif about three weeks ago. No demo's at the time. Just hands on looking.

Gday

I can see the icons on the screen and it may have target id which would be of some help, but still unsure of whether or not it has discrimination?, hope I am wrong but from what I have read all indications are that it does not, at least you have seen one for real that's more than I can say, anyway really hope you are right.

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:16 am

I wonder how it compares to this in performance? (not price)
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/our-products/whites-detectors/gmt.html

Or this . (similar price)
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/our-products/whites-detectors/sierra-super-trac-sst.html
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:43 am

adrian ss wrote:I wonder how it compares to this in performance? (not price)
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/our-products/whites-detectors/gmt.html

Or this . (similar price)
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/our-products/whites-detectors/sierra-super-trac-sst.html

The gold monster is probably more similar to the whites GMT as it runs on 45kHz and the gmt at 48kHz, also it may use the same system like the gmt with the "full time iron id bar", rather than being a discrimination it just indicates the percentage of possibility that the target is a ferrous one, and also has the "optional audio iron id grunt", also by the time the gold monster hits the shelves here it will probably be very close to the gmt price as well at $1385 aus.

As I like also coin and relic hunting I have for some time being considering a detector that I can use for that and also for use on high trash goldfields areas not only for the possibility of nuggets but working old town and camp sites for coins.

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi au-fever I was wondering the same think, what would it be like finding coins in trashy areas. And how would the machine show you that you have just detected a coin. I was thinking of a lot of old miners camps with rubbish everywhere. There may be a coin or two lying around. Also as it seems to have some sort of discrimination between ferrous and non-ferrous metals. I wonder how it would go on a nugget covered in Iron Stone. Would it tell you Gold or Iron ?? As I have had some nugget so covered in iron stone that it stuck to a magnet. And can this machine take other VLF coils?? Price is going to be a big factor here. Anything between $900 to $1300 would be good. Their saying $799 US at the moment over there in America. That should work out at $1052.00 Aust. Dollars here. Now we will see if us Aussies get ripped of by Minelab here.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4144
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Here is a new Video about the Minelab Gold Monster 1000, the big question is, how will it compare to the Fisher Gold Bug 2 detector? Looks simple to run.

https://youtu.be/NRw7IUIJdlY
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:07 pm

More details on the detector here.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/3202-minelab-gold-monster-1000-product-brochure/
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top