It shows here that there is a type of discrimination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkyT2Q2Ibo

noncents

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Minelab gold monster 1000

Post  au-fever on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:21 am

Has anyone heard news of an Australian release date on the gold monster, it seems to have gone awfully quiet about it scratch, no new information released that I can find since the second preview video, talk about an anti climax, no response from dealers, not even offering pre ordering, odd

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:52 pm

I have heard it could be mid to late April. The dealers here are going through their introduction and opperation instructions over the next few week before it's release.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4224
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:42 am

Its surprising that no dealers are advertising pre orders as April isn't far away and the start of the WA prospecting season is around April/May as well, that's when we start to get away to the goldfields depending on the weather of course, I am very interested to have a look at one and if the price is right ad it to the arsenal.

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  redcaveman on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:54 pm

hi au-fever
might have something to do with the way us aussies do reviews
most were up front about how they felt about the z19 coil not being up to aussies standards
and that might have killed some sales (world wide)
so maybe they will release it over seas first
redcaveman
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:26 am

These days no company it their right mind would release test figures before they release the product to the Australian detecting community. Even after the fact look what happened with with the Z coil. Those who got it first didn't take the time to properly test it and work out how good it was before blasting it as a dog. Now there are many operators out there happily digging those bigger deeper lumps with it. Not that any of this is new.

Even when the SD2100 SD2200 and the GPX were released there were those who couldn't come to grips with the machine in the first five minutes and some even returned their machines to the dealer demanding their money back Even the 5000 had many people who couldn't come to terms on just how much better it was than any previous detector.

And now we have the QED debate where there are those who thump their chest as to how good it is and those who reckon it isn't.

No, releasing a new detector onto the Australian market is not for the faint hearted.
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:49 am

Hi Granite

Yes I am hearing you, been in the game a long time myself and have seen many detectors come and go, and owned pretty much every model minelab bar maybe one or two, and have also heard and seen all the same things you have stated, I wasn't bagging the gold monster just lamenting over the way in which there was a flurry of information released some weeks ago and now nothing, scratch so I am thinking the release date must be close.

As far as issues with new release products go you would also know that over the years there have been some detectors and coils that in truth more effort could have been put into the testing with it before they were released, and better quality control on the parts that were used on them, some machines that operated within the parameters of the test equipment in the factory were less than impressive when actually used in the field, and that is fact not fiction, when this happens the cost is borne by the purchaser who expecting to get what they paid for is annoyed at the lacklustre performance so in this case there may be a genuine reason for the complaint Mad

I accept that there are some people who will whinge no matter what and will be quick to bag something without putting in the effort to really give it a go, but it is reasonable to complain when you pay a premium price for something then you should expect to get a premium quality product, sometimes we can be a too laid back, and I personally think that a lot of Australians are too slow to complain and are far too complacent when it comes to holding some of these companies responsible when they sell us overpriced and dubious quality products.

I don't feel really that it is a case of being feint hearted about the release of something new into the Australian market but more a case of we are the probably the smallest market, and the least important one in the eyes of these companies when there are more $$$$ to be made elsewhere. cyclops

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Gold Monster

Post  ttrash on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Due out 2nd week of May

Price $1100

...........I'm scratching my head saying ...........why .?
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:31 am

$$$$$
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor