GPX 5000 WIRELESS SET UP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GPX 5000 WIRELESS SET UP

Post  joensue on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi all,   I have been contemplating buying a wireless set up for my wife's GPX 5000. Reeds are selling one of these and I was wondering if anybody has. or has used one??  The wireless set up on my. 7000 makes detecting so much easier, it would make the 5000 more user friendly as well. Any  comments  POSITIVE or NEGATIVE would be appreciated, Also are there any other units available you could recommend . Cheers JOE Very Happy  Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: GPX 5000 WIRELESS SET UP

Post  davsgold on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Have a look at the Minelab Pro Sonic, it works on the GPX and the SDC and many others, it maybe expensive but it's defiantly not dear, only things that are cheap and don't work properly are dear, because you usually then have to buy the one you should have bought in the first place. Laughing

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 wireless set up

Post  joensue on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Thanks for that DAVE . much appreciated CHEERS JOE Very Happy Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

-gpx-5000-wireless-set-up

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi joensue, not sure on any other brands but the little ripper is what I use on the 5k and works a treat. Very Happy Might be able to pick one up second hand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Here is a wireless set up the same as im running. Going Wireless on my GPX4500

Another option for wireless is this New wireless headphone setup from phase technical

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 Wireless set up

Post  joensue on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks bloodgold. I  will check that out, In regards to DAVE'S reply  I checked the pro sonic out, Its not really a complete wireless setup your detector is still connected via the curly lead to the battery, Its only the speaker circuit that's wireless. The reeds unit apparently has the battery and the transmitter velcrode to the detector box witch  makes it completely wireless.(I THINK THATS RIGHT ??) Suspect Suspect Last year over in WA quite a few WA detectorists were using them,  Thanks again  for input cheers JOE Very Happy Very Happy PS thanks Jin for your advise JOE

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Very true Joe, on the GP GPX detectors etc, for sure you will need the small compact battery setup as well, good point. I was stuck on the SDC2300 when I setup the Pro Sonic, and forgot that it has a built in battery and the GPX would need the small compact one to make it truly wireless as you say.

But I was impressed when testing out the Pro Sonic on the 2300 all the same, it gives you a lot more options, and volume control etc.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5361
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbazoo on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:55 pm

SR 160 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SOU2Y0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER about $182 aus pacel post pickup included.

bubbazoo
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 pm

One Can run a regular 4500 battery attached to the machine with external speakers as pictured.... aka hillbilly style , it's an easy conversion totally reversible, cheap setup if one wants to at least see the current battery out, adds about 1200gms to the arm if you get a shortened lead, not inconsiderate after a day or two out swinging Rolling Eyes  V33

Wayne. cheers

Last edited by Digginerup on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : attempting to attach image)
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2350
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 pm

bubbazoo just bought some of these the other day mine came from Victoria.i tried buying some of those off amazon but they would not ship to Australia.
looking forward to testing them out on the weekend, they seem to work well on the tv!.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:56 pm

http://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/eq-spirit-li-ion-battery/
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 Wireless set up

Post  joensue on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:42 am

Thanks guys that certainly gives me some options to think about . Much appreciated . CHEERS JOE Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:03 am

Digginerup wrote: One Can run a regular 4500 battery attached to the machine with external speakers as pictured.... aka hillbilly style , it's an easy conversion totally reversible, cheap setup if one wants to at least see the current battery out, adds about 1200gms to the arm if you get a shortened lead, not inconsiderate after a day or two out swinging Rolling Eyes  V33

Wayne. cheers
hey hillbilly looks good mate cant wait to give her a lap hey T06 all this talk of wireless is getting me keen to have a crack with my 5000 happy days

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 am

joensue wrote:Hi all,   I have been contemplating buying a wireless set up for my wife's GPX 5000. Reeds are selling one of these and I was wondering if anybody has. or has used one??  The wireless set up on my. 7000 makes detecting so much easier, it would make the 5000 more user friendly as well. Any  comments  POSITIVE or NEGATIVE would be appreciated, Also are there any other units available you could recommend . Cheers JOE Very Happy  Very Happy

My experience with one of these batteries may differ from other users, I had one of these battery systems and was very impressed with the fact that it was so compact and the battery fitted nicely on to the side of the detector control box, and didn't stick way out the way some do with bigger batteries, and the receiver was small and light and could be easily attached to your harness, the charging system was easy to use and both the battery and receiver have a long enough run time, easy enough for most of a days use.

Unfortunately even though I persevered with it for some time as it suited my setup well, it started to have issues on the first trip I used it on, firstly with the menu selection, playing up randomly and then shutting down or not starting up, then it would not charge, sent back for repair it was returned to me, used it again on another trip and day two started to play up again, gave up on it and went back to the old battery system, returned it for repair and after quite some time waiting...waiting..waiting...waiting some months for it back I decided to give it a miss and went back to the old reliable battery system.

Sometimes at the end of the day basic is better and in the field reliability is what is needed.

au-fever

Last edited by au-fever on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 Wireless set up

Post  joensue on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi guys Just a couple of questions WAYNE ____ I notice you are using a B&Z that's a good idea But what battery are you using there ????? AU FEVER ____You Never mentioned the brand that you were commenting on ???? CHEERS JOE Very Happy Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Gday Joe, not quite sure of your question, the B&Z uses two AAA batteries, I no longer run with the B&Z as it needs repair, the detector battery is a standard GPX unit, hope this helps Very Happy

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 wireless set up

Post  joensue on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi wayne  sorry about that    I was talking about the main battery , it looked to short to be a standard GPX battery .Maybe its just the camera angle . Thanks for your reply  CHEERS JOE Very Happy Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:08 pm

joensue wrote:Hi guys Just a couple of questions   WAYNE ____ I notice you are using a B&Z that's a good idea But what battery are you using there ?????        AU FEVER ____You Never mentioned the brand that you were commenting on ???? CHEERS JOE Very Happy Very Happy

Hi Joe

I was commenting on the REEDS system that you said you were contemplating buying????, like I said it is a good system but unfortunately I had trouble with my one, that was early in the production, so maybe they have improved the system and possibly would be more reliable now.

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:25 pm

T06 All good mate , stock standard battery,just camera angle.

Wayne cheers
Digginerup
Management

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000Wireless set up

Post  joensue on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Many thanks to all who responded much appreciated. CHEERS JOE cheers Very Happy Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbazoo on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 pm

hoolahoopa wrote:bubbazoo just bought some of these the other day mine came from Victoria.i tried buying some of those off amazon but they would not ship to Australia.
looking forward to testing them out on the weekend, they seem to work well on the tv!.

the link i posted is one that does post to Oz the $182 included the parcel pickup via one of many business partnering with Amazon. Where did you get your from in Vic?

bubbazoo
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Bubbazoo.
They were on gumtree brand new in there box paid $200 for them with postage to kalgoorlie. There was some second hand ones for $80 not bad if you could view first.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Sounds like the Reeds could be problematic, I use a Little Ripper, no longer available but without doubt the single best investment I made for the detector !!!!
Have a look at this http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t23694-going-wireless-on-my-gpx4500?highlight=going+wireless+on+my+gpx

coupled to a Deteknix wireless system is a goer & what I will be working on in the coming weeks.
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:56 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:http://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/shop/detail/eq-spirit-li-ion-battery/
I'm using this battery system with no problems and it's 4-5 years old. Gotta be happy with that.
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 wireless set up

Post  joensue on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 am

Hi LEE      Checked  that out.  All seems pretty straight forward with the battery wiring. Can you tell me what other bits I need and were I can get them from ?    If I could use this  system it would be far lighter than the reeds battery  system , whitch  apparently weighs 500grms.  Not getting any younger  Every little bit helps             Cheers JOE    Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 am

joensue wrote:Hi LEE      Checked  that out.  All seems pretty straight forward with the battery wiring. Can you tell me what other bits I need and   were I can get  them   from ?    If I could use this  system it would be far lighter than the reeds battery  system , whitch  apparently weighs 500grms.  Not getting any younger  Every little bit helps             Cheers JOE    Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers

Mate,
To go completely wireless you will need something like this http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/deteknix-wirefree-kit/
then it's your choice on speaker or headphones.
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 Wireless set up

Post  joensue on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi LEE Thanks for that Gives me quite a few options to think about. Much appreciated JOE Very Happy Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:33 pm

here's a speaker booster option for you.
BTW this is the way I will be running my GPX4500 this year.

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t24792-treasure-mate-ii-feedback

Last edited by rc62burke on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 wireless set up

Post  joensue on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Thanks again LEE     I looked for a post on this subject. prior to listing mine . But it must have been the title that threw me  HAVE LOTS OF OPTIONS TO CONSIDER NOW     Cheers JOE  cheers : Very Happy Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top