Mike and Jen have left the forum

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mike and Jen have left the forum

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:32 pm

You are chosen to be a moderator because of your character and because you enjoy the forum. After a while you own the forum it is yours so you respect the members and your mates, because the forum offers a pretty good service.

Jen and Mike did a pretty good job, both got involved in various subjects and tried to ensure that members got a fair go. Whether you agree with them or not, that's your choice, but we have a forum to run which is being looked at by over 300 people each day. Sometimes we are not popular but we do our best. Jen and Mike did their best, made a lot of contributions and for that I and the other mods thank them for what they did.

They both felt that they had contributed enough to the detecting community so have decided personally to have a well earned break. We wish them well and lots of success in their endeavors.

Jefgold - Manager
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2402
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

-mike-and-jen-have-left-the-forum

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi Jeff, so this has all come down to who they banned as members? Is that right or not? Trying to get my head around what has gone on, cause I know they loved the forum and the majority of members.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mike and Jen have left the forum

Post  UNCLE BOB on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Mike and Jen.

You two did a great job being moderators and members of this forum. Sad to see you go but enjoy your time away.
Family is Important and so is your health.
Take care and God Bless.

Uncle Bob
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Bloodgold. They said it was a personal decision and I respect that, so we will leave it there.
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Fair enough Jeff.

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Both did an amazing job as mods. Q38

Looking forward to seeing a massive haul of nuggets from their next WA trip - All the best V11
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Jen and Mike if you are reading this, I am truly sorry to see you both go. And I mean this sincerely. You were a great couple on this forum even before you both became moderators. And even better friends to us all when you were moderators. It is a tough position to hold as you can't please everyone all the time. But your hearts were in the right place. I wish you both well and I hope to see you out and about in the Triangle. The both of you I can call true friends.
wombat Sad
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4234
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Jen and Mike,

All the best for the future and I hope that we still hear from you. Enjoy the peace and happiness and hope to talk to you in the future.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi Jen & Mike, a moderator's job is thankless as 'some' of those who post don't think of repercussions of what they post.  Wishing you all the best.
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi Jen & Mike, thanks for a job well done. Best of luck
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:41 am

This is incredibly disappointing.

Sincere thanks to Jen and Mike for the great contributions they have made and the help that they have freely given over a long period.

I wish them all the best and I look forward to catching up with the personally down the track.

Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 pm

This is very sad to see this happen, you will never meet two nicer people than Mike & Jen, good company to camp and detect with and chat around the campfire of an evening. Jen said to me the other day, we are your friends for life whether you like it or not. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

To think they felt they had no other option but to quit the forum as Mods and members because of the continual bickering and sniping at Jen over what was effectively one word about a report and test of the new QED detector.

It came about because the QED in the words of the person doing the test needed to "adjust"/"optimize" a setting or 2 to pick up one of the targets in the test area, well Jen used the word "Fiddle" with the settings and after all this is a justifiable way to describe what we all do when putting down a test piece in a new area and run the detector over it, we "Adjust" "Optimize" "Fiddle" with the settings till we get the machine (whichever one were using) to run how we want it to.

All this fiasco over one word that was used to describe what we all do One Word, and all hell breaks loose and rains down on Jen like there is no tomorrow,

I have nothing against the new QED machine, it's a machine, it will suit some people and others it may not, but I think it was out of line to make comments and remarks towards Jen for using a word that some saw as being wrong.

regards dave

davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5406
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Great feedback Dave, all I can say is I totally agree, Mike Jen & Tony are first class citizens and those who ran Jen down should hang their heads in shame.
Looking forward to catching up again with them later in the year.

Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hand on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Its a sad day to see 2 nice people like Mike & Jen leave the forum all the best to them regards john Very Happy
Old Hand
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2012-03-31

http://www.servimg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:32 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:Fair enough Jeff.
Heard that one before. Shocked
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:13 pm

I didn't understand what had happened but after reading Davsgold I now do.

A great pity and shame. I thought they added a lot of value to the forum. And they seemed pretty human about it all too.

Hopefully I will meet them one day and have a drink with them. And it would seem Jen's birthday tomorrow. Hope the day is good for you.

Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Quogmeier on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Hadn't realised that I've been a member here for 5 years, and haven't contributed at all.
But the reason I keep coming back is because of the stories and input of people like Jen and Mike.
Will miss both your contributions.
So sad to see you go.
All the best.
Norm

Quogmeier
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:18 pm

It is very sad that these 2 good people were harassed off the internet.
Those throwing stones should be really proud of themselves. Good work guys, you have proved the men that you are, give yourselves a big pat on the back..

Mike and Jen, hope to see you out there at some point in the future. All the best to you both Very Happy

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks for the huge amount of work you did to protect the forum and your efforts to encourage members to participate in the topics you started.

See you in the real world.
tributer

Ps who gunna remind me of who's birthday it is.

Tributer
Tributer
Management

Number of posts : 994
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:41 pm

davsgold wrote:This is very sad to see this happen, you will never meet two nicer people than Mike & Jen, good company to camp and detect with and chat around the campfire of an evening.  Jen said to me the other day, we are your friends for life whether you like it or not. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

To think they felt they had no other option but to quit the forum as Mods and members because of the continual bickering and sniping at Jen over what was effectively one word about a report and test of the new QED detector.

It came about because the QED in the words of the person doing the test needed to "adjust"/"optimize" a setting or 2 to pick up one of the targets in the test area, well Jen used the word "Fiddle" with the settings and after all this is a justifiable way to describe what we all do when putting down a test piece in a new area and run the detector over it, we "Adjust" "Optimize" "Fiddle" with the settings till we get the machine (whichever one were using) to run how we want it to.

All this fiasco over one word that was used to describe what we all do One Word, and all hell breaks loose and rains down on Jen like there is no tomorrow,

I have nothing against the new QED machine, it's a machine, it will suit some people and others it may not, but I think it was out of line to make comments and remarks towards Jen for using a word that some saw as being wrong.

regards dave

"Pecuniary interest" is an interest that a person has in a matter because of a reasonable likelihood or expectation of appreciable financial gain or loss to the person or another person with whom the person is associated.

There are certain people who have poured a shite load of money into supporting the designer of the QED over the years. Now at the release of the QED they were not about to let let anyone try and stand in their way of maybe getting some of their money back (good luck with that... suckers,) with any alleged negative comment, so they ruthlessly attacked. Just like in "The Godfather" movie, when one gangster is about to kill another gangster he says " It's strictly business, nothing personal, you understand?

Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Nice to see someone saying it for what it is, good post Slim.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:25 am

Qld Sandy wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:Fair enough Jeff.
Heard that one before. Shocked

Hi QLD Sandy, not really sure what you mean by that statement mate Smile but yeah I have heard all the facts now.To be stabbed in the back by your own team I'm afraid it just don't sit right with me. All I can say is I have enjoyed my time on this forum and have made many friends under Blisters and Bloodgold2 over many years.I hope that my input on posts and pics of gold finds has inspired at least 1 member to find some or more gold Smile I sincerely wish members all the best with the season. I will never buy a QED now, regardless of its capabilities, due purely to the damage it has done to GOOD people on this forum. Catch ya later, Dave Wright.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:43 am

Its a bit rude saying you have heard all the facts and being stabbed in the back. What you have heard is only one side of the story. If a person is vindictive then you will hear bad things and then from a person who likes you then you will hear good things. To get the truth you ask the people who are actually involved.

Thanks for your input whilst you have been here Dave, I've always been impressed by your discussion and information
Jeff
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:16 am

If your going to edit my posts remove them all together.  Against forum rules to state the truth here is it?  

May aswell delete my account too.  Your a disgrace Jefgold.

" Unfortunately your version of the truth isn't always right" "if it's too hot in the kitchen - leave"

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:00 am

To lose one is an accident, to lose two is a co-incidence.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  WF2.0 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:32 am

Not sure what has happened here but its sad to see that Jen and Mike are no longer here. Hope they come back one day...cheers

Ps if anyone wants to fill me in please PM

Last edited by WF2.0 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

WF2.0
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2016-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:07 am

WF2.0 wrote:Not sure has happened here but its sad to see that Jen and Mike are no longer here. Hope they come back one day...cheers

Yep, good people are hard to find..........This whole thing is definitely the Cyber Space equivalent to a Tunnel Collapse .............
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ridge Runner on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 am

To loose Jen and Mike is despicable, Even more so over a detector that has ZERO Credibility or reputation and that is fuelling heated discussions on many forums, And as such all posts referring to said Item should be band, It causes trouble when ever it is mentioned,
EDIT:-
Even though a certain person Banned me for a While, I will still stand by Jen and Mike because they were "GREAT" Moderators only did what they did for the Benefit of the Forum.

And I want them Back. They Give 110% here, as a moderator elsewhere I know how tough that can Be.

John.

Ridge Runner
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ridge Runner on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:02 pm

davsgold wrote:This is very sad to see this happen, you will never meet two nicer people than Mike & Jen, good company to camp and detect with and chat around the campfire of an evening.  Jen said to me the other day, we are your friends for life whether you like it or not. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

regards dave

That was just a tiny part of it, There was more to it than that. And Someone need to undo this mess and put things right, Those people made this forum what it is, And we need them back.

John

Ridge Runner
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Mike and Jen, thank you for all your input into this forum. Also thanks for your great friendship and camping time together. Life will go on regardless and we will catch up again. All the best from both of us. TG

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top