Mike and Jen have left the forum

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mike and Jen have left the forum

Post  kevlorraine2 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:12 pm

very sad to see you both go, mike and jen.

personalities cause a lot of trouble as you go through life, yours havent changed, you are both GOLDEN people, with all its positive implications.

thanks for all the effort you have both put in, a thankless task, but you will know that most members of this forum wish you all the best ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Ridge Runner wrote:

That was just a tiny part of it, There was more to it than that. And Someone need to undo this mess and put things right, Those people made this forum what it is, And we need them back.

John

G'day Ridge Runner

I did say that was just the start of it.

Do go on and tell us the rest, and yes I agree 100% we don't want to loose good members.

cheers dave

Management

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Goldgeo you want to accuse someone of editing your post then accuse me, for it was I who edited the accusations you stated down, but know little about.
You state truth, as one who knows all the truth. If this is the case, why don't you fill us all in, on the so called "truth" of whats happened, so that we all may know the truth, according to you.
I'v spoken on more than one occasion, to all members here, to stop using prospecting forums for their own personal vendettas, only to be accused of being a hypocrite & using draconian tactics. Once again, my comments have fallen on deaf ears.
We are not a powerful union, capable of taking things to court the moment false accusations fly, we are a Gold Detecting/Prospecting Forum, where members voluntarily join, voluntarily contribute when they please & come & go as they please. Nothing more, nothing less.
To this day I cannot understand why people go out of their way to hurt others. Is there not enough hurt in this world as it is? Must we prospectors (that should be united as one), not work as one also?
Issues and problems are a part of everyday life. We all have the option of either trying to hide/run from them, or face our problem & get it sorted out, for the one who runs from a problem, will keep on doing so, all their lives.

Kon
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 5000
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

mike& jen

Post  kanga1934 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:00 pm

MIKE& JEN when i read that you have left the forum i was sorry very sad i found you to be a great example of fair dinkum aussie kanga 1934

kanga1934
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Kon once you edit 90% of my post it is no longer my post, you should have just removed it all together if it offended you.  And now you are asking me to repost it? Rolling Eyes

My original post simply stated that Jefgolds post showed little support to his moderators and that using the term 'they did a pretty good job' was far below the high regard they are held in here.  I also stated that Jen and Mike have contributed a lot more then Jefgold to this forum.
As far as I am concerned both of these statements are true.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ridge Runner on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:08 pm

davsgold wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:

That was just a tiny part of it, There was more to it than that. And Someone need to undo this mess and put things right, Those people made this forum what it is, And we need them back.

John

G'day Ridge Runner

I did say that was just the start of it.

Do go on and tell us the rest, and yes I agree 100% we don't want to loose good members.

cheers dave

Sorry dave that is for you guys to sort out, I have been dragged in to one s*** fight that was centred around this machine and that will be the last one, Because of my posts here about the qed I have just been banned from their forum which is fine by Me and I am well Rid of them,

This forum matters to me because there are some truly Great people here and it is a Great source of info, But I like many others here wish that you guys could put this thing right, because You "ALL" matter to us members and we like you all just the way you are,

This is all cantered around the qed and it is causing wars on at leased 4 or 5 Aussie forums, and there is just no need for it, So I think it would be better if it was removed from the list of topics, Because it is turning long time friends against each other, And the most revered people in the Detecting world are being accused all sorts of things, It has got to the point where people can't express the simplest of views without being verbally attacked and threatened, And if people cant keep it down to a dull roar then maybe we should Not be allowed to discuss it here, And if people want to discuss it then they can go over the forum that is promoting this machine, then heated arguments won't be driving off members Old and New away from here.

This forum has always been a cut above the rest, Is that something that people are prepared to Sacrifice over a machine that is totally unproven with Zero Credibility, and then have to put up with insults by those involve just because you happen to prefer The Number one Brand Machine In the World ?

Dave, I'm Just thinking out loud here. food for thought though isn't it ?

John.

Ridge Runner
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Goldgeo, I was neither offended by your comments, nor what you had stated in your post. I simply edited it, as I saw fit. If I were offended or upset as you say, you can bet I would have said something about it in a pm to you. Neither am I asking you to re-post the same, for I fully understood the first posting. There is a lot more behind all this member/management/QED saga than meets the eye & I can assure all members here, that not one of us, knows all the truth behind whats been happening lately & that includes me.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  flyrock on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Simple question - did Jeff ask Mike & Jen to leave the forum? Or did they leave on their own accord.

Thanks

flyrock
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:34 pm

kon61 wrote:
I'v spoken on more than one occasion, to all members here, to stop using prospecting forums for their own personal vendettas, only to be accused of being a hypocrite & using draconian tactics. Once again, my comments have fallen on deaf ears.
We are not a powerful union, capable of taking things to court the moment false accusations fly, we are a Gold Detecting/Prospecting Forum, where members voluntarily join, voluntarily contribute when they please & come & go as they please. Nothing more, nothing less.
To this day I cannot understand why people go out of their way to hurt others. Is there not enough hurt in this world as it is? Must we prospectors (that should be united as one), not work as one also?
Issues and problems are a part of everyday life. We all have the option of either trying to hide/run from them, or face our problem & get it sorted out, for the one who runs from a problem, will keep on doing so, all their lives.

Kon

Well said Kon.

We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.........
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 611
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:45 pm

flyrock wrote:Simple question - did Jeff ask Mike & Jen to leave the forum? Or did they leave on their own accord.

Thanks

Simple answer, No they were not asked to leave, they both thought it was the only option left to themselves, trying to put insults and BS being said about Jen on another forum is why they have both left, they found the insults just to much to put up with any longer.

ADMIN
yes there are a few of us left

Management

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Flyrock, the best person to answer that would be Mike/Jen, for I am in no position to talk on behalf, of what I know little about. What I do know, is that Mike/Jen, resigned from this forum due to the recent, events/circumstances that have taken place, over the alleged, working capabilities of the QED.

Kon.
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:03 pm

It is not QED (or for that matter ML) it is the EGO of some vocal members here and else where
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ridge Runner on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:26 pm

No it was not the qed, It was the qed crowd that started attacking the moderators here and other people around the net, Not to mention what has been said about certain revered members of the detecting community. That is reason enough, why support people who resort to such tactics such as personal attacks and insults, You wouldn't support a drink driver who injured a family member so why support this crowd,

They started the personal stuff and if they don't like it then they should Revise their Sales Technique if they want to market a product and have the support of the community, ML, Whites and Fisher and Garrett do "NOT" behave like that, So why should the qed clan be allowed to resort to such things,

The Admin need to do what they think is right, that's not our decision, and no doubt they have had enough of the whole saga,

Ridge Runner
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2015-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Fair enough geof_junk/Ridge Runner, I stand corrected.

Kon. Q11
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm not happy with what has happened here, I'm quite disappointed, visit http://australianelectronicgoldprospectingforum.com/general-chat-and-discussion-forum/
Jen would hate the crowing by Doug, lets just continue as we were.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Jen and Mike.
Hope you check in every now and again and see the support your are receiving from members.
I have not visited the site much of late because of the crap that was going on and find it hard to believe that you appear to have been hounded off this forum.
As far as I was concerned, you were extremely valuable members and contributors to the forum as well as fair and reasonable moderators in latter times.
Thank you for your efforts and I wish you both well for the future and hope to eventually catch up with you in the West this year.
Sorry to see you go
Cheers spinna Ken

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Goldgeo

When you have created and managed a forum for 16 years, when you know what the role of a moderator is, and have learnt what makes a good and bad forum, then you may have some credibility.  At the moment your comments speak for themselves for when you can make some positive comments then we will listen.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2246
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post  stoppsy on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Some people just need that break from the forums and other media. I hope for the best mike and Jen and hope to see you back on the forum in the future.

Cheers
Stoppsy
stoppsy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2014-01-29

http://www.aussiegoldprospector.com/

Back to top Go down

Mike and Jen have left the forum

Post  sandy2010 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:06 pm

"I'ts an ill wind that blows nobody any good"..........

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Jefgold wrote:Goldgeo

When you have created and managed a forum for 16 years, when you know what the role of a moderator is, and have learnt what makes a good and bad forum, then you may have some credibility.  At the moment your comments speak for themselves for when you can make some positive comments then we will listen.

Jeff

You may be dissapointed to find out that your opinion also means a lot less then you expect to most people.
Its a bit too late to jump in here all high and mighty now old fella, you missed the boat by several weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:58 pm

Goldgeo wrote:
Jefgold wrote:Goldgeo

Jeff

You may be dissapointed to find out that your opinion also means a lot less then you expect to most people.
Its a bit too late to jump in here all high and mighty now old fella, you missed the boat by several weeks.

Goldgeo, with respect, I don't think anybody expected the outcome that it has come to. Nobody expected the reptilian replies from that cesspool to a fellow human being. Like a snowball it gathered momentum very fast and was over in a minute. Jeff had faith in his six moderators as can be seen by how well they have moderated over the last few years, which allowed him to have a life of his own away from the forum which was and is his prerogative.

Management

Number of posts : 3475
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:29 am

Thank you Mike and Jen for the kindness you have shown me over the years.
Congratulations to the young fella too for that very nice 19" find and I hope you fill your boots with many more this coming season.
Stuff the drama queens eh!
All the best.

Cheers
Kev.

alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:06 am

Ťhanks Slim. I was actually on a cruise in the South Pacific when all this happened. It may have been different had i been here.
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2246
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post  stoppsy on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:13 am

Iv missed what's happen. It's just sad that a post has gone out of hand and made others leave. Some people just need to think before posting. Things can get read the wrong way in some cases. The forum over the years has lost a lot of great people. Most leave because of others. There's a lot of great people on the forum and it would be sad to see them all leave because of others.
Cheers
Stoppsy
stoppsy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2014-01-29

http://www.aussiegoldprospector.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reef Rover on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:15 pm

I haven't looked in for a week or so and can't believe what's happened. I'm so soory to hear that Mike & Jen are leaving and Enio. You were all so giving of your time moderating and being apart of this forum that we all benefit from. I wish you all the best in life.  Thank you for all you gave.   Regards Richard
Reef Rover
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm

If I'm not mistaken Jen's young fellow found a nice nugget with the zed. Was posted on the detectoprospector site. Good on them.Very Happy

cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Not a prolific poster myself,but wanted to say it's pretty sad to lose two of this forum's nicest people.

Mike and Jen,even though I never met you in person,you both came across as very helpful and friendly folk..you guys were always one of the first to offer congrats to any member in the "Finds" section,
and were always on hand to offer help or advice cheers

Hope it's not a permanent break,and we see you back on at some stage in the future

All the best... Dave
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:59 am

I am very sorry to see two very nice people go because some Shite head did not agree with their actions, specially for an argument about a QED, one thing is for sure who ever produce that machine just lost a customer, because I will never buy it, when gold is involved I am very serious and I use serious machine.
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:05 pm

goldquest wrote:I am very sorry to see two very nice people go because some Shite head did not agree with their actions, specially for an argument about a QED, one thing is for sure who ever produce that machine just lost a customer, because I will never buy it, when gold is involved I am very serious and I use serious machine.

With a response like this, who would ever want to be a member of a Forum! I thought that the older you get, you can only get wiser, but this reply has proven me wrong.
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Mike & Jen

Post  ttrash on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:20 pm

It is very disappointing to read Jen & Mike have left the forum .

Wishing them well

Hopefully one day they will be back .

Having said that  , hopefully this post stays on track to comment on Jen & Mike & the forum in a positive
way .

The reasons they left shouldn't be discussed , let alone speculated .

Just wish them well & stop dribbling on .
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top