Forum Back On Track

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum Back On Track

Post  adrian ss on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:48 pm

I think it is time to quit the over thinking and amateur psychological analysing of why people do what.
There is no reason at all for members to be leaving this forum when the problems are with other forums.

Everybody take a vallium or three and get back into metal detecting and Gold prospecting discussions.
Don't read the crap on the dip sh..t  forums, there is nothing but negative talk and a lot of agro along with zip about metal detecting.

This is and always has been since the beginning, the best gold prospecting and metal detecting forum in Australia. Lets keep it that way.
Don't take the bait when some clown from a renegade uncontrolled forum tries to undermine something here. Just let it slide back  into the dung pit that it come from.
We are waaaaay above them. So far in fact, that there is no reason  for us to even acknowledge their existence.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1362
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Back On Track

Post  rockhunter62 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:55 pm

I agree, lets talk gold.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoGeo on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm not going anywhere.
And I know I have no forum cred.
I came here to meet people and to learn about Gold.
I was listening to (Tool- AENIMA on YouTube) and my feelings towards to all this was put to bed.
I wont put a link up ( lots of swearing). But all those who like heavy-ish tunes or anybody who is interested in what I might be talking about. YouTube it.
Poignant to say the least.

Cheers,
NG.

Edit: It's the song, not the whole album Wink
NeoGeo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:05 pm

I see some have gone to the ultimate in forum censuurup censurupfoump censor ship.

Who gives a pop.
Life goes on.

Don't throw the p900 away .... Just got mine....
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:25 pm

adrian ss wrote: So far in fact, that there is no reason  for us to even acknowledge their existence.

You always talk a lot of sense Adrian. A wise head on them shoulders. :-)
For what it is worth, anyone posting derogative, personal attacks, irrelevant comments on any of our members/admin should be banned immediately, their comments removed.
And if need be, remove, lock the topic IMMEDIATELY.

Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2024
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:39 pm

I think it's time to try and undo the damage done and show Mike, Jen, Bloodgold, Golden, Madtuna and others who have recently left that there rightful place is here and they are missed by all. So let's concentrate on showing them that they are truely valued members.

As to the banned members they should never be reinstated as members or allowed to sneak back under aliases.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  ruffles on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:41 pm

Come on guys

That's not much fun

Lets put up with the sh!t

Stop being logical especially you Adrian, Nightjar and others

Yes i have a great deal of respect for you guys

Why let the turds have the upper hand

Cheers

ruffles
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 am

G.B. wrote:I think it's time to try and undo the damage done and show Mike, Jen, Bloodgold, Golden, Madtuna and others who have recently left that there rightful place is here and they are missed by all. So let's concentrate on showing them that they are truely valued members.

As to the banned members they should never be reinstated as members or allowed to sneak back under aliases.

Hi GB I agree with you mate. These people were long time members and good friends to the forum. Most of them longer members than I've been a member here, and I joined back in 2009. Each and everyone of them being a valued member to us all. They have contribute greatly and have help many a member here, specially some of the newbies.
G B in your name list above you did not mention Phoenix. He left on Sunday, from what I can gather. I wish him well and I hope he may return some day in the near future with all the others.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4244
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Fisherman on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:26 am

Summed up beautifully Adrian.
Fisherman
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 am

well said Adrian, cheers Pete.
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 am

There ya go, we are beginning to  feel better already.

Ruffles.

There will always be some  controversial posts on any forum (I can be guilty of that at times and management has rapped me good and proper) that can actually trigger some healthy debate but when people start posting  and PMing personal attacks  because they do not  agree with certain comments made by a particular member or members then it is then that management needs to take appropriate action. Personal attacks are the way of the coward and uneducated.

If a person disagrees with comments made in particular posts then it is much better to use logical and informed argument  than to simply drop a dirty atomic bomb on  the  poster. Or in other words. We can all learn from each other.. Q19

Misinterpretation of a single word can change the meaning of a sentence or paragraph or even an entire thread in someone,s mind
People who are defensive are prone to misinterpretation because they think everybody is against them and as a result these people are constantly in attack mode and tend to take everything literally........Since when do Aussies use the literal meaning of words? Laughing   

I hope some of the recently departed decide to re engage.
To those who's decision to exit is seemingly set in stone I wish you fair weather, smooth sailing and the best of good fortune for the future.

Last edited by adrian ss on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:18 am

Alan WA wrote:I see some have gone to the ultimate in forum censuurup censurupfoump censor ship.

Who gives a pop.
Life goes on.

Don't throw the p900 away .... Just got mine....
 Mate you will like the P900 and wonder how you lived without it.
Looking forward to seeing some high level pics. Very Happy
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:11 am

Maybe we can adapt the ancient communication technique? "Paralipsis."
Donald Trump has been using it to great advantage. eg:
"I refuse to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo, because that would be politically incorrect. Instead I will only call her a lightweight reporter." Quote from news.com.au

Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2024
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Yeah, something like that.....But then another person might interpret Lightweight Reporter as calling the reporter a skinny pencil neck. instead of a bimbo. Rolling Eyes Laughing
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 pm

I suspect the supposed solution is the disease, above posts and mine show that..................

norvic
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Having owned, operated and been on lots of forums, I can say with confidence that sometimes no matter how much you want to, you just cant put the smoke back in the box.

What has happened, is a prime example of why you should think long and hard about saying destructive things like what has passed here and other forums..........fact is, the dickheads will always move on, but the good people draw a line, and thats completely understandable.

Maybe in time some will come back, but they have been hurt by people and a group, they they thought they were a part off........some of these forums are almost like family, so its a big hit to get attacked like that.

Its a damn shame the good goes and just leaves a hole that cant be filled.............very sad Sad
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top