Gpz 7000 game changer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gpz 7000 game changer

Post  hoolahoopa on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:08 pm

So the juices are flowing in my town with the goss being that some stage this year (cant say anymore rubbish) that something big is coming for the 7.
My guess is theres a software update to run on the salt lakes.
Anyone care to shed some more light on the subject?
And NO this isnt a sh $# stir post it is geniune.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Gpz 7000 game changer

Post  Digginerup on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi hoolahoopa, haven't heard any rumours myself, as is usual with these things time will tell, sounds like a handy thing for the lakes people, IMHO going on past product releases I wouldn't hang by my you know whats waiting for it Wink

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2349
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:34 pm

I reckon you may be on the money....so to speak.
I wonder if it's a free upgrade or charged for??
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:02 pm

I hope it is something of that nature as all of us with the 7 know going near anything salty is not possible for fear of permanent brain damage

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:54 pm

Might be an upgrade that makes the 19" go 30% deeper?
I would be very happy with that.

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:19 pm

hoolahoopa wrote:I hope it is something of that nature as all of us with the 7 know going near anything salty is not possible for fear of permanent brain damage

That bad eh?  T02  does anyone have a method to make it workable or is that just no doable?

Wayne.cheers
Digginerup
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Maybe a smaller coil?
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1531
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:56 pm

GPZhunter wrote:Might be an upgrade that makes the 19" go 30% deeper?

Deeper than what? Wink   do I detect some dissatisfaction  Suspect ...............personal feed back is welcome and encouraged Very Happy.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi Folks,
Back in January I had to return my 7000 to ML for a screen problem and another issue that has been aired on this forum where switching between gold modes caused the audio to drop out. To overcome this problem the detector had to be shut down and re-started and all was good again,that is till you needed to change gold modes, a real pain in the butt. ML were very prompt in turning around the repair of the screen but did not have a fix for the audio dropping out, saying that there was an up-date in the works and hopefully that would fix the audio/gold mode problem; there was no advice as to when the up-date would be available.
I guess all we can do is wait and see what ML are going to do with the new software up-date and what it will fix/improve, time will tell.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:18 pm

AUoptimist wrote:Hi Folks,
Back in January I had to return my 7000 to ML for a screen problem and another issue that has been aired on this forum where switching between gold modes caused the audio to drop out. To overcome this problem the detector had to be shut down and re-started and all was good again,that is till you needed to change gold modes, a real pain in the butt. ML were very prompt in turning around the repair of the screen but did not have a fix for the audio dropping out, saying that there was an up-date in the works and hopefully that would fix the audio/gold mode problem; there was no advice as to when the up-date would be available.
I guess all we can do is wait and see what ML are going to do with the new software up-date and what it will fix/improve, time will tell.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

Correct me if I'm wrong here??
Your GPZ7000 is still under warranty right?
You sent it back to the Service Dept as normal for any "Warranty" work, with 2 issue's apparent.
The service Dept sent back your unit with 1 issue fixed & 1 issue remaining (I'm sure I got that right) to which you were advised there is no fix for your remaining issue !!! To my way of thinking if they can't fix a problem clearly related to a Warranty issue then you should be provided with a new GPZ7000 which has a clean bill of health, FFS come on ML fulfil your responsibilities under consumer law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2054
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Sounds good, perhaps the 7000 is the ZVT equivalent the SD2000 was to the PIs and we will see ZVT tech go a long way. That is what is exciting about ML and always has been, they have consistently brought us better gold detectors.

norvic
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:44 am

Pretty please Minelab can we have KMZ upload to screen view provision on the next model?
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:13 am

With you there Alchemist, I go a wee further with my want, capability to upload and download GPS data to and from the Zs GPS to PC without xchange2, even further a lovely Droid Op type colour display ("sunshine" capable) that allows us to have the mapping software of our choice. For me that is Oziexplorer, just love my mobile phone with Ozi on as a GPS (no network). Shows me where I am on a Geo map in relation to all those lovely gold producing faults, synclines etc. Geo maps georeferenced on Ozi PC transferred over to that droid display or Google Earth maps.... our choice.

And of course software updates to make the Z as is even hotter for now. Just love the 19" with its capability to go to normal in the less mineralised ground, to me it is my "get gold" coil of choice.

norvic
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:11 pm

JP says not to use the GPS on the 7 when detecting but he didn't elaborate.
On the DP forum.
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Yeah I recall that, I just assumed as he was talking about his settings and thus doesn`t use the GPS, he simply stuck to his settings but maybe there is a reason. Whatever as the Z in its current form I leave the GPS off as is off, is little use to me as is. But that is food for thought.

norvic
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:09 pm

I just use mine as a chain and maybe check the time occasionally.
Be nice to know what he meant tho.
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Alan how do you check the time? I often wished there was a clock on the home screen.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  polak on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:53 pm

I want a quick preset setting on mine, like on the gpx where with one click it changes from one preset with say my setup for the 14" coil to my settings for the 19" rather than having to change everything individually in sub menus of sub menus one at a time.
Just a simple "preset 1" "preset 2" "preset 3" option on the screen.

polak
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 pm

I just hope that Minelab will come to some arrangements for Nuggetfinder and Coiltek etc to use their chip and sell aftermarket coils for the 7000 if the coil manufacturers want to. Despite Minelab relying on income from the 19inch coil if they allowed other brand coils to be developed it would boost their detector sales now and for future models...and it would be a game changer. Tributer
Tributer
Management

Number of posts : 990
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Hoolaholp

Just make a find point. The co ords and time comes up.
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:18 am

norvic wrote:With you there Alchemist, I go a wee further with my want, capability to upload and download GPS data to and from the Zs GPS to PC without xchange2, even further a lovely Droid Op type colour display ("sunshine" capable) that allows us to have the mapping software of our choice. For me that is Oziexplorer, just love my mobile phone with Ozi on as a GPS (no network). Shows me where I am on a Geo map in relation to all those lovely gold producing faults, synclines etc. Geo maps georeferenced on Ozi PC transferred over to that droid display or Google Earth maps.... our choice.

And of course software updates to make the Z as is even hotter for now. Just love the 19" with its capability to go to normal in the less mineralised ground, to me it is my "get gold" coil of choice.

I agree with you norvic on the GPS data in simple interchange format, and freedom from xchange2, a real pain to use and tethered to Google which I hate immensely.

I use a Garmin Montana 650 which allows KMZ layers, I just wish the Zed would also.
I use QGIS to edit and georeferenced various rasters and then G-Raster to compile KMZ tiles. I have other layers that I use GPSMapEdit along with cGPSmapper to compile transparent vector maps.

I compile maps of find lines that link up over difficult terrain across gullys and onto opposing ridges etc. It’s very hard to stick to the lines while walking the ground and only having distant landmarks to go by, I can be way off, which could mean walking right past a run or deposit. Lined rasters with real-time tracking are a vital tool for me, oh how good it would be to be able to just look at the Zed screen.

Cheers
Kev.
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:40 am

Kev, We are doing basically the same thing, I put my GPS data (20+ years now) almost as important as the detector. Over the years it has time & time proved itself invaluable in my hilly, mountainous rugged country. Like you say with that display in front of you tis "easy" to follow a productive line regardless of terrain. If the Z could do that, would be one less bit of gear to carry, charge & maintain. Unfortunately I think we belong to a minority of prospectors who use a GPS in conjunction with our MD as we do, thus it probably is market wise for ML not to in cooperate such a system in their detector. Hopefully we can get more coming forward who do such as I feel there is plenty.

Vic

norvic
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:07 am

thanks alan will give that a crack next time out.
tributer wouldn't life be nice if such a thing occurred

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:29 am

Well hoolahoopa we're no closer to knowing the nub of this rumour, but at least we've been able to tell Minelab a little of what we want to see in future models.

Maybe it is the smaller coil that needs the SW update and not the 19" as we earlier assumed?

The setting least affected by salt is Extra Deep, give it a try round saltpans.

As for using the GPS while detecting, I've not encountered any and I know Steve Herschbach uses it as a chaining aid, so he would've published any issues if they existed.

Cheers
Kev.
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:34 am

Gday alchemist. Yep the people that know have certainly being told to keep quiet. It was spoken about at the last minelab conference in america apparantly.
Have tried the extra deep method out on the lakes close to kal. I thought i was turning into a donkey

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:52 am

hoolahoopa wrote:
Have tried the extra deep method out on the lakes close to kal. I thought i was turning into a donkey

LOL heehaws mmm saltpans maybe OK, but salt lakes NO.
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Digginerup wrote:
GPZhunter wrote:Might be an upgrade that makes the 19" go 30% deeper?

Deeper than what? Wink   do I detect some dissatisfaction  Suspect ...............personal feed back is welcome and encouraged Very Happy.

Wayne. cheers

No no dissatisfaction from me!
If you have not noticed the forums and especially this one have quite a lot of GPZ bashers? Many don,t own one but have very negative opinions on the GPZ.
For me the GPZ has been my best detector i have found more and better gold with it than previous machines, i did very badly with the GPX series machines 4500 / 5000.

I purchased a 19" coil late last year, but have not had the chance to use it as i hate detecting in the heat and i work full time in a very demanding job plus family members are having serious health issues atm.
There has been much and extreme disappointment posted from many purchasers of the 19? I will not make an opinion on it until i have revisited some locations where i am sure it could be an advantage.
Thats if the locals have not beat me to it.

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

gpz software update

Post  gpxman on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:42 pm

hi guys I was told the upgrade will be here by the end of financial year.
Has anyone else heard anything?

Cheers Gpxman

gpxman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down