gold detecting updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

gold detecting updates

Post  yellowmellow on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 pm

hows it going hanging long time no post any how any gold detecting updates I have not been detecting for months since say November 2016 last year its terrible but work keeps on getting in the way I hope to go detecting again in say 2 weeks time fingers crossed see what happens but I am for adamant all of these hot rock that I seam to be detecting with my gpx4500 with 12 inch nugget finder evolution when I do detect them they seem to be Shite targets and are a waste of time even bring back home I am sick of these hot rocks they do not contain gold they are terrible any how hope all of you are well and please keep me posted thanks happy detecting tim yellow mellow also I play lawn bowls a great game for all nice one 1
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: gold detecting updates

Post  GPZhunter on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Good on you Tim, for working and paying taxes i do that too!
Biggest problem is it makes it very hard to get any time in detecting, i too have not been Since November 2016.
Save some hot rocks for me please! Very Happy

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi tim, glad to see you are still around. It has been a bit quiet of late but im sure when the cooler weather comes everyone will be out and about. Dont worry about the hot rocks to much because one day it just wont be a hot rock and your 4500 will be swinging over a nice piece of gold. T06 cheers tim.
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi Tim.
I reckon the GPX 4500 is a great unit, very sensitive, but a shocker with hot rocks set in Normal.
Enhance seems to make all the difference without losing too much performance.
I run a fairly high gain (around 11-12) with the stabiliser a couple of notches less. But it is also important to "tune" the machine to local conditions.
Good luck in getting back on the fields shortly, am also suffering "cabin fever" not able to get out where I want to go. Cool
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

I also played lawn bowls at Woomalang Vic. About 50 years ago . Still have some of the prizes that I won with others. Glasses and and a glass dish. I will always remember that .
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top