Feb 2017 Gold Prospecting Scotland Day 2 & 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feb 2017 Gold Prospecting Scotland Day 2 & 3

Post  goldgrabber on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Heres day 2 and 3 of my recent gold prospecting and gold panning trip to Scotland, Feb 2017.  This gold prospecting trip was a week long trip with a friend, this spot is an area my friend chose to work for the first few days so we managed tolocate a bedrock slope and follow that down into the hole, the gold keeps coming in each pan but only specs of gold at a time per pan so although not record breaking by any means, at least there was some bits of gold to be seen per bucket of gold bearing material.  We worked this hole for 2 1/2 days in total before filling the hole in and moving on in the hope of choosing a slightly more prospective spot.
goldgrabber
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2015-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Feb 2017 Gold Prospecting Scotland Day 2 & 3

Post  Digginerup on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:47 pm

:

T06: Good work my friend, you must be a very patient man, thanks for taking the time to share, I have only dabbled slightly in panning/sluicing and dry blowing to date, I do however envy your water situation, I suspect there is a fair amount of fine recoverable gold to be had in some of the locations I frequent but alas its pretty much an all or nothing deal with the water flow situation, when its raining its pouring and then its gone as quick as it came, we found a little hill and gully system recently that gave up 4 tiny nuggets (sorry Reg Rolling Eyes ) from four small gully traps not more than 6 mt apart, but no big fish V12 ...nevermind we will put that one in the memory bank for future enjoyment, I was pleasantly surprised to get them, even under 3 to 4" of sand and another 2 to 3" of silt the 4500 and 12" Evolution made them sound like half ounces, 1Gram in total Rolling Eyes for a couple of secs I thought I had taken a wrong turn and ended up in Victoria lol!  

Wayne.cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:40 am

all good none the less mate another great weekend out in the bush 4 more than what I found Shocked happy days!!!! I have a feeling this other block has the slugs on it V48

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top