One rather annoyed farmer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One rather annoyed farmer

Post  samuraitrader on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:57 pm

I suppose they can only take so much abuse from city slickers ... However this is over the top and probably illegal? This sign is about 60kms east of Mt. Magnet.

Last edited by samuraitrader on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

samuraitrader

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: One rather annoyed farmer

Post  davsgold on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Yes your probably right, it would be illegal to shoot unauthorized entrants IMO.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Wow -- where was this sign?
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:12 pm

report it to APLA, DMP and police.
goldtalkleonora
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  mulgadansa on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Was that on Windsor station? Did a miner put it up, or a cocky?
Cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  lojay on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:58 pm

What a joke, been out that way paynesville a few year's ago and the pastoralist and his wife were great to get along with. Cannot recall their name's.
Their was lots of pending ground out that way but i haven't looked for a while so probably all live E lease by now.
Scare tactics like that don't cut it, i hope the new caretakers learn the hard way.

Jase
lojay
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Imadogman wrote:Wow -- where was this sign?

A google search of the phone number on the sign came up with this info.

"0899635361, 08 9963 5361 is phone number of Murchison Aviation located at Challa Station Mount Magnet, WA 6638."
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Ashley Dowden runs Challa. Not saying he was involved in that sign though. cheers Pete.
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1468
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  lojay on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Ashley and his wife are the folks i dealt with and they are nice people.
I remember they where having bad dog issues a while ago.
I'd be very surprised if they are responsible for that sign, unless the land is being miss treated. I guess everybody has their breaking point.
But it does state under new management
lojay
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 am

Very nice sign. Complementary colour scheme. Stands out well against the sky line. Very Happy Don't see any fences so a bit difficult to know what part of Australia it is referring to and within what boundaries. Maybe the Perps think they own all of Australia.

Constant video Surveillance?? Must have a lot of cameras and a good WI FI set up.  Rolling Eyes and the "Will be shot'  part suggests a psychopathic personality is responsible for the erection of the sign......Who the hell takes any notice of the old "Will Be Shot " threat these days!!??.....I mean. Go ahead and shoot somebody Dip Stick and stuff your life forever. You won't be needing the land after you have done that Hey?
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Signs, signs, every where a sign, blocking the scenery...

Post  mungoman on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am

People get sick of gates left open/shut, fences cut, creek banks trashed, pet dogs running free and worrying the stock, fuel being pinched, wild shots puncturing tanks and pumps, people driving through properties to get to a creek, hunters who think they're doing you a favour, Machine sheds getting ratted - all the while you've got 200 first springer ewes ready to drop, or you've got a paddock of drought stock that you're agisting for a mate and some person leaves the gate to the lucerne paddock open because they wanted to get to the creek...again.

People can get pissed of Adrian.
mungoman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 am

I absolutely agree,people can get pissed off and many times it is justifiably so, but to threaten to shoot somebody...even with an empty threat to kill, as a means of getting a point across is not the way to go.
      It is not always the so called City Slickers and Grey Nomads that are causing the problems you have mentioned. It is often the Bushies who have the constant means and survival skills who get out into the back blocks of the never never on a regular basis.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm

mungoman wrote:People get sick of gates left open/shut, fences cut, creek banks trashed, pet dogs running free and worrying the stock, fuel being pinched, wild shots puncturing tanks and pumps, people driving through properties to get to a creek, hunters who think they're doing you a favour, Machine sheds getting ratted - all the while you've got 200 first springer ewes ready to drop, or you've got a paddock of drought stock that you're agisting for a mate and some person leaves the gate to the lucerne paddock open because they wanted to get to the creek...again.

People can get pissed of Adrian.

I don't think were talking about a "Freehold" farm here where fat lambs and Lucerne paddocks abound , we are well and truly talking about a "Crown Land" pastoral lease in WA where this sign is posted.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Signs

Post  mungoman on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:27 pm

I reckon we're both right Davsgold, and I agree Adrian - it's not always...
mungoman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:27 am

and don't forget....with a WA Miners right.....you are authorised to be there.
goldtalkleonora
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayounomad on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:32 am

A miners Right gives us certain ability to travel from A to B , even if it is a live lease ..Surely this sign should say , NO detecting or mining , and SHOT { with a camera } if found to be doing so ...but that would not scare away ignorant newbies ...The sign erector might even find that they have more { curious } visitors , because there must be gold in them there hills , yehah ...At least the phone number is available ...
Ayounomad
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:28 pm

goldtalkleonora wrote:and don't forget....with a WA Miners right.....you are authorised to be there.

T04 I personally do not know WA law but I will definitely take your word for it, and assume if you do the right thing you will as you say have authorisation to be where you are, looks like the work of an over zealous caretaker/manager with a desire to be a sign writer....not a bad job either T10 ....V01  in fact it would look good in my man cave V46

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2333
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:47 pm

I think the new caretaker just wants the Gold to himself.
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Frikkit, he's got his number up....ring him and find out what the G..O.. is!!!!
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 am

It is correct as on a WA miners right you are allowed to cross and re cross any lease as many times as you like, what you are not allowed to do is to fossick or detect on it without permission or permit depending on the type of lease, it never ceases to amaze me at the mindset of some of these people, in that I have run into several lease owners that have told me straight out that its their land and you cant be there unless they say so, which is incorrect as really its only a courtesy that you inform them, so I usually inform them that as they are leasing crown land they are in fact renters of the land and they don't actually own the land.
Its funny as we are expected to know where we are, what we can and cant do and have to stick to the rules for fear of reprisal, but some of these clowns would not know chit from clay when it comes to the real rules, and just think its their right to intimidate people, just make a copy or two of the rules and regulations of the miners right, highlight the important bits and if confronted give them a copy, providing they can read they might get the idea for next time, I have done exactly that on occasion.

A simple way to see this sign disappear is to take a picture of it to the police, its illegal to make threats in this way, try hanging a similar sign on your front door at home and see how long it is before the cops are there to speak with you.

I can understand the frustration of some of the lease holders in regards to people breaking the rules, and they have every right to confront people in the right way and ask what they are doing and report people found to be doing the wrong thing, but they should also have to be familiar with and abide by the rules just as we are expected to do, and like us when they break the rules by attempting to intimidate people and overstep their rights they should be liable for prosecution just as we are, a sign like that is there to just intimidate people and is a bully tactic, and obviously written by some clown: that does not know the rules otherwise they would not have put their phone number on it?

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:23 am

It sure is a confronting sign, and I am surprised that no one over there in WA (or anywhere else for that matter) has not called the number to determine exactly what the access problem is.
Similar with the location being reasonably identified, a quick Tengraph search will show the state of the ground and any tenement holders.
Maybe it is something that APLA should be interested in ?
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:48 am

Plenty of pending leases (Blue) and live exploration leases in the area, (Challa Station), you can apply for a 40e permit on any of the live exploration leases, which gives the miners right holder for WA every right to go about there business without being intimidated by the pastoral lease holder.

Of course there are some conditions that accompany the 40e permit and it is the permit holders responsibility to know this and abide by them, otherwise in the end everyone that has a WA miners right will suffer.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 am

http://www.yalgoo.wa.gov.au/pastoral-leasesstations/prospecting-fossicking-in-wa.aspx
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:59 am

This is why you ask for a "Prospecting Agreement" when talking with a mining company and not a fossicking agreement. Very Happy

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top