2 way radio silence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 way radio silence

Post  Aussie Jason on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:59 am

We camped North of Laverton W.A. up towards Houtani well.
At night we listen to the uhf radio scanning channels, and listening to the active mine sites around us.
Between 11pm and 1am they have radio silence, we know this because a miner spoke at 11:15pm and got told off by his company for breaking radio silence.
The same night around midnight heard and saw to fighter jets fly over, very high and the sound was faint but the flashing lights were easily noticable.
Was this a coincidence or is something going on??

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 way radio silence

Post  Minermike on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:39 pm

They were just checking if you were a terrorist . That is OK by me !
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Aussie jason im thinking you were listening to regis resourses up there,ive listened in on them also,last time i was up that way the pit i could hear was on ch5 i think,prob a different one to what you could hear as i was further south,are you sure about radio silence for 2hrs? That sounds odd because in a cab thats your main form of communication,if there still operating but cant use the radio i think thats pretty dangerous,i work in an open pit.....
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:34 pm

Unless they were having an emergency. All other uses have to stay off air and only the people involved in the emergency can use the radio. The only other time is when a shot is about to go off but that would only be in daylight hours. Shocked

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Jason on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:04 am

That makes a lot of sense, Rockhunter.
But aircraft flying at that time of night.. bit strange.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Jason on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:07 am

Off the topic, But I think the forum needs to adjust the time.
This post was made at 5:36am south australia time..

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi Jason

We camp up that way ourselves each year and the past few years we have noticed lights in the night sky.
Just a blink here and then some time later a blink elsewhere in the sky and so on.
No noticeable noise has been associated with the lights.
We have put it down to high altitude military flights.
They are definitely military as civilian aircraft do not move as fast and certainly could not manoeuvre in the manner they do without falling out of the sky.

OR dare I say it       ................................   Aliens!

Stay safe out there Jason
spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Three years ago we were camped on some high ground north of the King of Creation mine. (off the Banya rd.)

Just after dark one night we saw 2 aircraft lights some distance in the East, very high, travelling SE. They were not flashing lights, more a bright orange, one seeming to be slightly above and in front of the other. There was no jet sound, more a low rumble.

About half an hour later we heard a "boom" from a long way away coming from the SE, then after about another half hour the two aircraft lights were visible travelling back in the same formation in a NW direction.

We put it down to a military exercise, but in that area, where might they have originated from.
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:14 am

boobook wrote:Three years ago we were camped on some high ground north of the King of Creation mine. (off the Banya rd.)

Just after dark one night we saw 2 aircraft lights some distance in the East, very high, travelling SE. They were not flashing lights, more a bright orange, one seeming to be slightly above and in front of the other. There was no jet sound, more a low rumble.

About half an hour later we heard a "boom" from a long way away coming from the SE, then after about another half hour the two aircraft lights were visible travelling back in the same formation in a NW direction.

We put it down to a military exercise, but in that area, where might they have originated from.
Mike

They stop into Kal on the odd occasion boobook on there way to perth i think,and about 2-3yrs back there was few here for weeks,flying about off an on,2 went over about a week back,i was out the back but couldnt spot them,they have an awsome rumble,f16's or 18's are they?
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top