Thank you Minelab.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thank you Minelab.

Post  Axtyr on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm

I want to send out a big thank you to Minelab.

On my last trip out I discovered the screen on my GPZ broken. It was impossible to see anything on the screen. I don't know how it happened but it looked like something had pushed up against the screen and completely destroyed it. The detector still worked but I couldn't see anything to change any settings. I sent it back to them about 2 and half weeks ago, via Miner's Den in Mitcham. I picked it up again today, repaired for no charge. The damage definitely wasn't covered under warranty yet they repaired it for me gratis. That's service for you.

I will definitely be looking for something hard to cover the screen in transit.

Thank you Minelab and Colin at Miner's Den.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Thank you Minelab.

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:40 pm

I wish I could say the same for my detector when one washer came loose inside the control box and damaged it and I was charged $100+,  not happy about that T02
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1325
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  flyrock on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:44 pm

I totally concur with your thanks Axtyr.

Whilst out early last week, my wife had a problem with her 5000.

Came home last Tuesday (600km drive), rang Kevin at Minelab, and had it in the express post before 3pm Perth time (outside guaranteed express post area).

He received it last Friday,had it repaired Monday and posted back Tuesday morning.

I opened it about an hour ago - 3pm Perth time.

What an exceptional service - halfway across the country and back again and repaired within 8 days - including a weekend!!

Thanks Kevin at Minelab Very Happy we're back out tomorrow -  cheers

Last edited by flyrock on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis spelt)

flyrock
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Some years ago, I had my detector repaired by Minelab. Without any warning they sent it back C.O.D. and I had to pay the extra charges. I could have paid by credit card , not happy.
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

cheap or expensive?

Post  Aussie Jason on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:53 am

Sent a faulty 5000 battery back to Minelab.
Received a call informing me that two $5 parts had failed inside the unit..
Cost me $105. total.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Some companies and trades people are only out there to rip you off. I live in a block of units , to fix a leak around a stink pipe on the roof , $800 . No need for ladder as you can get access though the tiles. One tube of sealastic. Replace guttering on 6 lock up garages . They did a good job and were gone by 11.30 am. $3,000 ..... I was in the wrong trade .
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm

It just goes to show that it's the luck of the draw. Maybe it is up to the discretion of the repair technician?
I was very thankful that I didn't have to pay for it as I was expecting it to cost several hundred dollars.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:46 pm

I have always had great service from Minelab but consider what others can be like. Mate took his car in for a service. Late model beamer. Leaked oil when he got it home. Took it back. Garage estimated cost of repairing oil leak $5000. Took it to another dealer, cost $30. Problem was sealing ring on oil filter. Sealing O ring probably not oiled before fitting and bound when tightened.

Minelab can sometimes be faulted but it is usually only little things when it comes to repairs. Probably boils down to who does the job.

I know when I was servicing water pumps any customer who gave me a hard time missed out on free services. Not saying anyone on here had that problem but like when you give a waiter a hard time you'll never know if he spat on your food. You catch more flies with oney than with vinegar. Very Happy

Cheers, Jim
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top