gold and other planets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

gold and other planets

Post  yellowmellow on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 pm

hi all,

long time no post any how I would like to know apart from earth which other planets have gold I would like to know thanks hope to go gold detecting in may sometime thanks tim happy easter
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: gold and other planets

Post  Wombat on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi Tim which planet are you planing to visit in May mate.?????
wombat Wink
PS happy Easter to you to.
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4224
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:57 pm

nice one
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1510
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Dunno about the Planets, pick an Asteroid some of the scientists etc say it was the Asteroids that brought gold to this Earth Planet, so just like in the movies go mining or detecting Laughing on an Asteroid.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5389
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Jason on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:37 am

There needs to be intense pressure to create gold.
Intense pressure can be found in a collapsing star, which will rebound into a supernova explosion, when the pressure created results in fusion of heavy elements, however gold is often transmuted into lead at this time.
Gold and other elements are spread far and wide throughout.
Scientists say a lot of the heavier elements end up on planets closer to the sun. Others say the asteroid belt holds the most.

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:08 am

Maybe you can remain here on the planet earth Tim and follow the below theory.
Before you start though be sure to read the last paragraph. :-)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-lead-can-be-turned-into-gold/

Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1998

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Hey Peter I think we can safely say that is is not an economic way to get some gold. Laughing Laughing Laughing

“It would cost more than one quadrillion dollars per ounce to produce gold by this experiment,"

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  someday on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:11 pm

apart from finding gold on earth, me thinks Mars would be your next best option, get in touch with NASA there looking for people to inhabit Mars,
if you strike out with NASA, I hear Russia and China are also in the game!
If you do get to go, make sure you send some happy snaps..
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Plenty of gold Tim in earths core if you can get to it.
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:41 pm

davsgold wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing  Hey Peter I think we can safely say that is is not an economic way to get some gold. Laughing Laughing Laughing

“It would cost more than one quadrillion dollars per ounce to produce gold by this experiment,"

cheers dave

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Dave, Another option would be to extract all the gold from earths oceans?

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/gold.html

Tim, Get yourself over to WA again and leave the extra terrestrial gold to the Martians. Very Happy

Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1998

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:42 pm

About 80% of gold mined on Earth is turned into jewellery and jewellery is pointless.
To spend a few quadrillion dollars to go to Mars and mine a bit of gold to make into a ring seems a bit ridiculous. We will need a really really good alternative use for gold in order to justify going to Mars to get it or any other mineral for that matter.

How do you get the dozers there? how do you get the core samplers there? and the crushers and McDonalds to feed the miners and where will you live? Everything will have to be in an environmentally controlled structure. How do you stay alive long enough to mine anything? How do you get the gold back to Earth?

Mine an asteroid?? Why!?  NiFe asteroids are pretty tough to dig into. If I could I would bring it  to the ground on Earth in one piece and chuck it in a Blast Furnace. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:11 pm

adrian ss wrote:

NiFe asteroids are pretty tough to dig into. If I could I would bring it  to the ground on Earth in one piece and chuck it in a Blast Furnace. Rolling Eyes

If a big one comes to earth again it will bring it's own blast furnace with it. Laughing

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:54 am

Well that has gotta be a big savings aye! bounce Smile

I reckon astronomers and Astro Physics blokes need to take a reality check.

We are never going to populate another planet in our solar system to any useful degree. and finding planets in other galaxies is an extreme waste of money and resources. because even if found within our own galaxy  the time required for us to travel there is beyond survivable, even to a system around the closest star to Earth other than the sun. 

Astronomers are continually building larger and larger telescopes because they think that if they build one big enough they will be able to see the beginning of the big bang and be able to solve the riddle of life. .....I don't think so Tim. The light from the beginning of time has long since passed us by in all directions. The light that we will see will be/is the light from the death throws of the big bang, not the beginning, so if we see anything at all it will be a dimming glow from a dying black hole or neutron star or some similar exotic atomic manifestation.
The Earth, sun ,solar system and all of the stars in the night sky are products of the dying sparks of creation.....Like an exploding fire cracker, it burst into existence and began dying immediately.

Just imagine that the Earth is a bit of dust formed in that fire cracker air burst....you know, the big round sparkly ones Smile  and life evolved on the earth/speck of dust during that explosion and we had wars and built pyramids and pinched Australia from the aborigines, killed all the Mountain Gorillas, Cheetahs and everything else and Macas invaded everywhere and we  built telescopes and looked out to try and find out where we came from. All we would see is the fading light from that fire cracker and no matter which direction we looked, everything would seem to be going away from us with a few sparks still popping (Nova explosions) until we begin to see stars going out, fading into white dwarfs and eventually there will be a lifeless universe......and then unlike the fire cracker all of the remaining stuff in the universe may once again come together and it will all start over.

In order to be able to see or detect in some way the light from the point of origin of our big bang the  telescope will have to be able to be directed to an unimaginably small area of the sky and be able to see through an enormous maze of galaxies between us and the centre of everything. Good luck with that. 

We are to the universe like Mesons are to the Earth. We are so small a planet and possibly even as a solar system that we could pass through the centre of the Big Bang and never know we had been there.

So forget about populating the universe.  Focus on surviving here for a long as we can.....which if Psycho Kimmy and Isis have their way, won't be for much longer.

Last edited by adrian ss on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:21 am

So what your basically saying Adrian is just the same as the last thing the Grasshopper saw as he hit the windscreen. Laughing

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:08 am

Yeah. That's about it in a nut shell.  Q25
adrian ss
Contributor Plus