Good news for NSW

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good news for NSW

Post  goldchaser on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:53 am

Hope this becomes a trend for other shires or areas....

http://www.2ec.com.au/news/66136-eurobodalla-a-gold-mine-for-fossickers#
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Good news for NSW

Post  WF2.0 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:38 am

Thats goods news indded. Looks like alot of the shires are recognising how important prospecting is for communities and local ecomomies. I see the bega shire is on board also. I miss the sth coast of NSW. Im heading back yr way GC. I should have taken your advice lol. Could have saved some time and money. Cheers

WF2.0
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:59 am

Yes I agree it's good news, NAPFA (NSW & ACT Prospectors and Fossickers Association) has been working on this hard for a good while now and a few councils are starting to see the benefits.  Very Happy

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:00 pm

The grass dont get no greener then wa WF2,opportunities abound if ya want it
 Davesgold does this mean fossicking is permitted in national parks?

Last edited by goldchaser on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:54 pm

goldchaser wrote:
 Davesgold does this mean fossicking is permitted in national parks?

Well not yet, but I think NAPFA is trying to get old gold field areas re-opened that are tied up in these type of areas, not sure if it will happen but hey, ya gotta try.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Re:Good news for NSW

Post  noyungan on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Just when I thought of hanging up my wand some really good news for prospectors and detectorists jumps outa the bush!!! You beauty cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers noyungan

noyungan
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

Link didn't work

Post  AnnieL on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:27 pm

My home town area.  I always bought a permit to detect in the State Forests there as that is where most of the old gold areas are.  Still no detecting permitted in National Parks, as indicate by Dave ⬆️ above.

On my reading of this, it looks like a state forest permit is still required?  

http://www.esc.nsw.gov.au/home/news-and-events/media-releases/media-releases/eurobodalla-a-gold-mine-for-fossickers
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:47 pm

AnnieL wrote:My home town area.  I always bought a permit to detect in the State Forests there as that is where most of the old gold areas are.  Still no detecting permitted in National Parks, as indicate by Dave ⬆️ above.

http://www.esc.nsw.gov.au/home/news-and-events/media-releases/media-releases/eurobodalla-a-gold-mine-for-fossickers

G'day Annie

With the designated fossicking districts that are getting approved in various areas on NSW, it basically means that you don't need to get permission from a Mining company that hold an Exploration lease over areas in that council area. But if it is private freehold land you still need the owners permission. And in NSW even pastoral leases you still need there permission.

All this is a small step forward in that on unoccupied crown land that has an Exploration lease over it you won't need the EL holders permission. Very Happy

It's easy to see why we go to WA to do most of our detecting. Very Happy

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Peteren on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:02 pm

davsgold wrote:
AnnieL wrote:My home town area.  I always bought a permit to detect in the State Forests there as that is where most of the old gold areas are.  Still no detecting permitted in National Parks, as indicate by Dave ⬆️ above.

G'day Annie

With the designated fossicking districts that are getting approved in various areas on NSW, it basically means that you don't need to get permission from a Mining company that hold an Exploration lease over areas in that council area.  But if it is private freehold land you still need the owners permission.  And in NSW even pastoral leases you still need there permission.

All this is a small step forward in that on unoccupied crown land that has an Exploration lease over it you won't need the EL holders permission. Very Happy

It's easy to see why we go to WA to do most of our detecting.  Very Happy  

cheers dave

In SA you just need a prospectors right to access land on an EL that is held by a an EL over pastoral lease.
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Bit of a joke these companies holding EL's in areas that they will never be able to mine,i spent yrs when i started walking the hills out braidwood way,alot of it was under EL's by some company,why i'll never know,they have next to no chance of getting a serious operation under way in these areas,look at majors creek,havent heard anything for years but i bet there still battling the greenies etc and not running or packed up and left,hope im wrong,never seen a drill rig or even any geo's in yrs down that country,seen some nice nuggets though......

Last edited by goldchaser on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : blabla)
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:06 pm

davsgold wrote:

G'day Annie

With the designated fossicking districts that are getting approved in various areas on NSW, it basically means that you don't need to get permission from a Mining company that hold an Exploration lease over areas in that council area.  But if it is private freehold land you still need the owners permission.  And in NSW even pastoral leases you still need there permission.

It's easy to see why we go to WA to do most of our detecting.  Very Happy  

cheers dave

Thanks Dave, yes small steps.  
sunny Miss being in WA but no trip this year.
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  NAPFA on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Yes mate that is the case, again it was a NAPFA initiative to push for one permit state wide, online, instead of the old system of a different permit for each forest region.

check here for the information:
http://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visit/activities/fossicking

cheers

Stephen
President
NAPFA
NAPFA
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-02-15

http://www.napfa.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm

NAPFA wrote:
Yes mate that is the case, again it was a NAPFA initiative to push for one permit state wide, online, instead of the old system of a different permit for each forest region.

check here for the information:
http://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visit/activities/fossicking

cheers

Stephen
President
NAPFA

Thanks Stephen.  Yes, great job for just the one permit for all NSW state forests. T01
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top