The effectiveness of the PMAV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The effectiveness of the PMAV?

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:21 pm

I've been reading about how NAPFA are doing a great job of getting councils together to make nsw council areas fossicking districts.

Is there any good news about the PMAV's performance in the last 3 years?  It seems that Victoria is being stripped of the miners right freedoms to prospect in the state forests that are quietly and quickly being taken over by state parks and national parks.

How effective has the PMAV been to combat these problems?
Is the PMAV tackling the right government bodies?
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The effectiveness of the PMAV?

Post  UNCLE BOB on Sat May 13, 2017 5:38 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:I've been reading about how NAPFA are doing a great job of getting councils together to make nsw council areas fossicking districts.

Is there any good news about the PMAV's performance in the last 3 years?  It seems that Victoria is being stripped of the miners right freedoms to prospect in the state forests that are quietly and quickly being taken over by state parks and national parks.

How effective has the PMAV been to combat these problems?
Is the PMAV tackling the right government bodies?

Anybody? scratch
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sun May 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi Bob you asked this question about the PMAV
Is there any good news about the PMAV's performance in the last 3 years? It seems that Victoria is being stripped of the miners right freedoms to prospect in the state forests that are quietly and quickly being taken over by state parks and national parks.

Sure this State has been getting a battering by Government Departments in the last few years and sure we have lost some ground to prospect. But if it was not for the PMAV fighting for the rights of the Victorian Prospector and others who come here to prospect, his right to prospect and mine, every bit of ground would have been lost by now. Just because you don't hear or see things happening do'es not mean nothing is happening. Right now we have a fight on our hands in regards to this World Heritage Park thing. People are asking what are the PMAV doing about it. I assure you there is plenty happening behind the sinces. Just look at some of the PMAV and detecter Facebook pages and you will see some of the comments (not all of them coming from the PMAV)
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4234
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Sun May 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Thanks wombat for your reply.
I don't look at Facebook

The person in charge of the World Heritage listing idea needs to be targeted and the council's that have his support.
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

PMAV

Post  Back on it on Sun May 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi Uncle Bob,
I recall attending a rally in Dunolly sometime in the 80s that was in some way connected with us being able to continue what we do today. If we all rally again with the right publicity, use of social media and backup from the local goldfield business owners that benefit from us being there then we may be able to get the message across.
Its worked a couple of times before in the past but we don't carry arms now.
Cheers

Back on it
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top