Regional councils lead the charge for Goldfields World Heritage listing

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon May 08, 2017 10:39 pm

This was in the Courier today and it has got me worried !!!!!!!!! This has been simmering for awhile now. The PMAV had a meeting with the Maryborough Shire in Dec last year to discus this issue and to show them the floors in this whole idea in regards to prospecting and anyone else that uses the bush.. But they would not listen to us and only said we were scare mongering.
wombat  Wink

8 May 2017, 4:09 p.m.

Shires from across central Victoria have come together in a united push to have Victoria’s Goldfields recognised as a World Heritage site.  

Heritage: Hepburn and Ballarat mayors Sebastian Klein and Samantha Mclntosh with Central Goldfields councillor Chris Meddows-Taylor. .  
Heritage: Hepburn and Ballarat mayors Sebastian Klein and Samantha Mclntosh with Central Goldfields councillor
We’ve got something special in the history of the world here, so if we can capitalise on that we can help with the conservation of some of those places that are critically endangered
- Chris Meddows-Taylor - VGTC chairman

The idea was originally flagged in the late 1980s by the-then federal Bendigo MP John Brumby, advocating for a 14,000 square kilometre space bordered by Ballarat in the south and Charlton in the north to be recognised as the best example of the landscape created by the 19th century goldrush.

Representatives from 13 shires as well as state MP Danielle Green were in attendance at the RACV Goldfields Resort in Creswick on Monday to discuss the push, which now covers 25,000 square km of land within shires including Ballarat, Hepburn and the Pyrenees.  

Central Goldfields councillor and Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive chairman Chris Meddows-Taylor said while the concept was an old one, it presented significant tourism and heritage maintenance opportunities for the region.  

“It’s been around for a long time but just getting the momentum to get it going has been building in recent years and we think we’re just about ready to go,” Cr Meddows-Taylor said.  

“We’ve got something special in the history of the world here, so if we can capitalise on that we can help with the conservation of some of those places that are critically endangered, we can bring tourism and economic development to the region.”  

Economic modelling conducted by the group has suggested World Heritage listing could generate economic benefit of up to $68 million per annum for the region.  

The push has been listed as part of the City of Ballarat’s draft Heritage Plan, which spans through to 2030.  

The group is also hoping to acquire a $25 million fund for councils to help with the maintenance of heritage assets.  

In the immediate future the group of councils are hoping to secure two years worth of funded research at Federation University for the feasibility of the application.  

Australia currently has 19 locations which are listed by the United Nations Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organisation, three of which are cultural locations and for which are mixed cultural and natural landmarks.
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4234
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional councils lead the charge for Goldfields World Heritage listing

Post  mungoman on Tue May 09, 2017 6:03 am

G'day Wombat. It's a bloody worry somedays - people slapping claims left, right and centre, and why - Because it means that they can tell people what to do, and get money for dubious reasons from our Governments.

The Victorian Goldfields are Historic on a number of levels and something deserves to be conserved but it can't be on an historic basis because you, me, the mate, and his dog have ratted over them every time there's a depression or things get tight or we just need to.

Scientific claim?...mercury slurries, hydrology, geology, mining industry...there's nothing there that hasn't been done before elsewhere and earlier.

Cultural significance? - the whole of Australia is a site of cultural significance and if you want to point out a site that celebrates the first finding of gold, then the site where gold was first found only - to claim the whole area, 14,000 sqr kilometres, weakens any cultural significance.

Fabric of the Place? No. Too many hands and too many diggings have destroyed most if not all of the 'fabric' of the place.

Historical Significance. Yes, the whole thing with Mr Hargraves, the significance of the first find of gold, and the early days of the colony does have an historical importance, But I reckon, as I typed above, the first site of the first gold found by Europeans is the thing that will be written in history books, and the gold fields will and should play a second fiddle to the original strike.

This smells a bit of big fella yaba yabas sitting down and trying to figure out a way to get more, and to have more control so that they can feel important.

Bugger 'em.
mungoman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman on Tue May 09, 2017 11:37 am

I reckon there needs to be some strong fightback on this, through the press, direct to Councils, Members of Parliament.  

The forces of conservation and green seem to have local media in their pockets.

World heritage would be a total disaster for fossickers and for local communities.  Don't fall for this UNESCO clap-trap.

What is the PMAV strategy from here and how can members assist?

Every member of this forum and others should be banging the social media drum and firing off letters, emails etc.  If we have enough IQ to write a forum post then we can also write a letter or two or three or four....to the press, to MPs, to Councils...

If we don't, and these luddites win the day, then that will be the end of fossicking in Victoria as we know it.

Don't think someone else will do it for you.  Step up and have a go each and every one of us.

Or else don't complain when it is taken away and you did nothing to try to stop it.
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  WF2.0 on Tue May 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Is PMAV a formal stakeholder participating in the process? Its seems this push has been occuring for years. We all love the bush and its heritage and want to also see it protected. Surely they are not thinking off banning prospecting and camping in the bush? This would cost the state tens of millions per year possibly $100 million. The increase in health costs alone would be staggering. Tourism would go backwards not forwards. Millions of dollars of gold would also be left in the ground for ever instead of being spent locally. Seems strange that they wouldnt want to encourage prospecting. Are there any links to what they are trying to acheive and what it means for us?
Cheers

WF2.0
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2016-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Tue May 09, 2017 5:55 pm

OK guys the PMAV is have a Executive Meeting tomorrow night and the main agenda will be focused on this very topic and what can be done. There area lot of comments happening on Facebook.
wombat Wink

https://www.facebook.com/groups/539130679456669/permalink/1328454163857646/?comment_id=1329403603762702&notif_t=group_comment_follow&notif_id=1494316187410585
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbazoo on Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 am

FFS Prospecting and fossicking is part of our cultural work in progress heritage!

bubbazoo
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr on Thu May 11, 2017 8:04 am

Bubbazoo.

Cultural heritage isn't associated with white Australians. It's a concept that only applies to other nationalities. It wouldn't surprise me if they brought out Chinese work in the goldfields so the tourists can see the contribution they made to Australia during that time.

It never ceases to amaze me that the powers that be selectively lock people out of National Parks. I fail to see what they are trying to achieve by creating these parks. Some activities become taboo whereas others are actively encouraged even to the detriment of the environment. They believe they are protecting them for the public but then forget that even prospectors and fossickers are "the public". Camping is allowed as well as the use of fires and so collecting firewood. Roads are created within these areas so people can get to these camp sites so how is that protecting the environment?

When this issue began I wrote to the federal minister at the time but then his portfolio changed and my letter was forwarded to the new minister, whoever that is, because I have heard nothing else since then. It would appear that prospectors are going the way of shooters within national parks and becoming "persona no gratis". If the councillors believe we are scaremongering, they need to be asked directly how much area will we be allocated for our chosen recreation.

As a hunter and shooter all my life I am continually bombarded with restrictions and groups that want to end my pursuits. My love of fishing also comes under fire every now and again. We have legislation that protects freedom of religion but none that protect your freedom to recreation, and our recreation is what keeps us healthy and sane.

Let's hope these people come to their senses, but they want to leave their perceived legacy so I doubt that common sense is the last thing on their minds.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu May 11, 2017 8:41 am

This is what was on the PMAV Face Book Page yesterday :-

PMAV Committee meeting tonight where we will be discussing an action plan on what to do about the proposed Great Forest National Park in the Central Highlands and Gippsland, the proposed new parks in the Central Goldfields AND the proposal by several Councils in Central Victoria to nominate the whole of the Central Goldfields Region (25,000 square kilometres) for World Heritage listing. This will keep us busy! We continue to need your support and will be calling for some action by members in the near future. Rita

And this was put up last night :-

Initial steps in campaigns mentioned earlier today - we will be contacting all Councils who are supporting the new Goldfields Parks, the Great Forest National Park and the World Heritage proposals. Summary of our concerns to also go to State MP's on both sides of Government. Two of whom have been in touch already following our earlier posts - thank you Daniel Young from the Shooters and Fishers and Danny O'Brien from the Nationals
List of concerns to be circulated to PMAV members who we hope will also contact Councils and State MP's. Survey to calculate the impact that any new Parks would have on local businesses to be conducted.
Noted that over 1600 people have already responded to our Facebook posts made earlier this evening on the PMAV and Public Land Access Council's pages.
Remember your Committee are all volunteers who fit their PMAV work into already busy lives. We will keep you informed on progress on the above. For those prospectors, miners or public land users who aren't members - now is the time to join!

wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  dougy on Thu May 11, 2017 10:18 am

And this man seems hell bent on this change and seems to have had it on he's agenda for quite some time.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/state-push-for-goldfields-to-be-added-to-world-heritage-list-20140903-10bys4.html

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4648076/bold-goldfields-plans/

.And this comes from a man with a heritage looking house in the middle of a heritage looking town of Talbot and fills he's whole roof for all to see with solar panels.??    
Wombat wrote:This is what was on the PMAV Face Book Page yesterday :-

PMAV Committee meeting tonight where we will be discussing an action plan on what to do about the proposed Great Forest National Park in the Central Highlands and Gippsland, the proposed new parks in the Central Goldfields AND the proposal by several Councils in Central Victoria to nominate the whole of the Central Goldfields Region (25,000 square kilometres) for World Heritage listing. This will keep us busy! We continue to need your support and will be calling for some action by members in the near future. Rita

And this was put up last night :-

Initial steps in campaigns mentioned earlier today - we will be contacting all Councils who are supporting the new Goldfields Parks, the Great Forest National Park and the World Heritage proposals. Summary of our concerns to also go to State MP's on both sides of Government. Two of whom have been in touch already following our earlier posts - thank you Daniel Young from the Shooters and Fishers and Danny O'Brien from the Nationals
List of concerns to be circulated to PMAV members who we hope will also contact Councils and State MP's. Survey to calculate the impact that any new Parks would have on local businesses to be conducted.
Noted that over 1600 people have already responded to our Facebook posts made earlier this evening on the PMAV and Public Land Access Council's pages.
Remember your Committee are all volunteers who fit their PMAV work into already busy lives. We will keep you informed on progress on the above. For those prospectors, miners or public land users who aren't members - now is the time to join!

wombat Wink
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait on Thu May 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Really can't see this happening any time soon Evil or Very Mad

Are they gonna recruit an army of cleanup people to scour the bush and get rid of all the illegal dumping rubbish that litters a lot of the diggings around Creswick,and many other areas..and there are a few,i tell you!!
And how will they stop it once it has been declared a "Heritage Protected Area"? Not a good look for all those "tourists" Razz It is the prospectors that volunteer now to help clean up the crap Crying or Very sad

To quote Cr Meddows-Taylor from the article in The Courier:
We’ve got something special in the history of the world here, so if we can capitalise on that we can help with the conservation of some of those places that are critically endangered, we can bring tourism and economic development to the region.”

The goldfields are special..to me,and my fellow prospectors,that is certain..but as a drawcard for tourism? I'm not so sure.
I know it sounds like a cliché but can you honestly envision bus loads of Asian tourists rocking up to photograph old miners holes?? Someone's got dollar signs blinding them,and practicality has gone out the window.
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu May 11, 2017 5:45 pm

I found out today that this Chris Meddows-Taylor was involved in getting Paddy's Rangers listed as a State Park. And we know what happened there. If it was not for the PMAV fighting for the right of prospector to go in to that area, it would have been closed down complete to prospecting all together. We only now have just a third to play with. This guy is a real wanker, but a dangerous one as well with his ideas.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rowdy on Thu May 11, 2017 8:02 pm

In that article in the courier Cr Mildew Taylor says that it wont happen overnight. I have worked with government before and they are experts at lulling you into a false sense of security that you have plenty of time to react to their plans and then in a blink of an eye they have implemented their plans and it's too late to reverse them. Anyone in government, no matter what level cannot be trusted.
Rowdy
rowdy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  polak on Thu May 11, 2017 10:16 pm

A quick look at this mans FB profile is enough to warrant concern ..
https://www.facebook.com/chris.meddowstaylor
as well as his Federation University profile
"https://federation.edu.au/faculties-and-schools/faculty-of-education-and-arts/staff-profiles/fellows/chris-meddows-taylor
this issue has been brewing for some time
http://federation.edu.au/news?announcement_id=21321&action=view_announcement
Judging by his comment in response to that article:   Chris Meddows-Taylor-"Thanks indeed Terry Allan. So much work ahead but I think we now know the course we need to take.
(this is all public so I dont think Im out of line posting links)
we will have quite a fight on our hands

Last edited by polak on Thu May 11, 2017 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more information)

polak
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

PLEASE SHARE AND SIGN! PETITION TO STOP THE HERITAGE LISTING

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Thu May 11, 2017 10:47 pm

ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-04-21

http://www.russellhalden.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  dougy on Fri May 12, 2017 10:47 am

ROCKDOC69 wrote:Petition
(((How can so few dictate the demise of so MANY.)))

Petitioning  danielle.green@parliament.vic.gov.au  and 3 others

Decision makers

Don't lock up the Victorian bush

jason cornish Australia
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Fri May 12, 2017 12:10 pm

I have been speaking to a few of the business people in and around my area and not one of them think this idea of a World Heritage Park or any other type of Park will be a good thing for the area or communities or their business.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Fri May 12, 2017 6:49 pm

As you will notice this was in the PMAV Eureka Eccho, March 2006. Nothing has change. New push but the same sh!t
Talk about Back to the future.
wombat Wink

Eureka Echo  (March 2006)
Missing Tourists in National Parks  
Members may recall the Environment Conservation Council forecast of dramatic increases in tourism once the new national parks were established across the goldfields. Well, they were wrong. Very wrong! The new parks were created in 2002 and yet official tourism figures for 2004-2005 indicate that domestic overnight visits to the Goldfields region (aka the Box Ironbark region) were down 15.25% and interstate overnight visits were down a massive 41.2%. The parks have obviously done nothing to enhance visitor numbers. Given the restriction on activities brought about by the change to national park, it is more likely that the parks are in fact frightening people away. So what happened to all those jobs in the tourism industry that were supposed to replace those lost in the mining, timber and eucalyptus distilling industries? They didn’t happen! However, no-one is answerable for this. Not the Council members who recommended these parks be created, not the politicians who supported the legislation to create the parks, not the green lobby groups who pushed for the parks in the first place, nor the bureaucrats who made it all happen. The only people who feel any ramifications are those who have lost their jobs, the communities where they once spent their money and those of us who have lost opportunities to continue our traditional activities. We get absolutely no satisfaction in now being able to say to the state government – we told you so.
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  dougy on Sat May 13, 2017 9:13 am

https://federation.edu.au/faculties-and-schools/faculty-of-education-and-arts/staff-profiles/fellows/chris-meddows-taylor

QUOTE;

Victorian Goldfields

Commencing in 2009, Chris developed, championed and continues to lead a major heritage and tourism cross-regional development project Victoria's Goldfields –Australia's Premier Heritage Region comprising 13 municipalities and several government agencies and regional authorities. A number of initiatives have already been implemented. The project included a proposal to rekindle the proposal for a regionally based nomination for World Heritage Listing of the Castlemaine Diggings National Park. The project was actively supported by many municipalities in the submissions to the recent Parliamentary Inquiry into Heritage Tourism and Ecotourism. Chris led the regional submission and co-ordinated the visit of the Parliamentary Committee to the Goldfields region. The Inquiry report recommended the World Heritage Listing.
In recent months Chris negotiated a memorandum of understanding between the Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive and the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) relating to an active commitment of the NTAV to become more strategically active in the Goldfields. An early deliverable is a partnership for annual delivery of a combined Goldfields Heritage Festival commencing in 2015.         (((( Chris is on a NTAV working party to explore the role for a new NTAV Goldfields region branch.))))            http://www.trustadvocate.org.au/tag/nationalparks/

((BLOODY CHAMPION))

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/state-push-for-goldfields-to-be-added-to-world-heritage-list-20140903-10bys4.html

It seems he may be using this mob to pedal his AGENDA'S   http://www.trustadvocate.org.au/tag/nationalparks/

(((How can so few dictate the demise of so MANY.)))
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 pm

The Central Goldfield Branch has just secured Mr. Tim Miller who is employed at the Office of "Jaala Pulford MP
Member of the Legislative Council for the Western Victorian Region.
Minister for Agriculture, and Regional Development and the
Deputy Leader of the Legislative Council."
Mr Miller will be at our Branch meeting next Wednesday night the 17th. to explain what is really happening with this proposed World Heritage Park thing for the Golden Triangle. Anyone who would like to hear what Mr miller has to say or ask questions is more than welcome to join our meeting. So here is your chance to hopefully get to the bottom of this. "Oh by the way, Mr Tim Miller lives and works in Ballarat and is also a gold prospector. So he has our interests at heart. The PMAV Central Goldfield Branch meets at the Maryborough Highland Society in High St. Tea at 6pm and meeting at 7.30pm. All welcome.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Sun May 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi Wombat,
How about getting the man responsible for all this, Chris Taylor to one of the PMAV meetings?
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 am

UNCLE BOB wrote:Hi Wombat,
How about getting the man responsible for all this, Chris Taylor to one of the PMAV meetings?
Hi Bob
I think if we did bring him along to an open meeting he would be strung up to the nearest tree before we got through the door and we could get to the bottom of his and the other Councils idea of the whole situation. Tim Miller is a active prospector and is also working on this through his department. So I think it will be a safer bet to bring him along and he can hear what our concerns are and pass them on to the appropriate people, like Taylor. Tim was telling me there will be a press release on the whole concept explaining it all on Tuesday. What I can gather with a conversation with Tim last night is that any area or building in and around the Golden Triangle (25,000 square Km) that ALREADY has an heritage overlay on it, will be listed on the World Heritage List. Nothing else. As you know we can't prospect or detect anything that has a Heritage listing attached to it. And rightly so. But we hope to get more answers on Wednesday night.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter on Mon May 15, 2017 8:52 am

Call me a cynic if you must but I'm sure I've seen this tactic used before.
Call it divide and conquer, whiteanting or whatever, the listing of individual buildings will be the first part of a longer term strategy to convert all available ground to heritage listing.
bicter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon May 15, 2017 9:39 am

bicter wrote:Call me a cynic if you must but I'm sure I've seen this tactic used before.
Call it divide and conquer, whiteanting or whatever, the listing of individual buildings will be the first part of a longer term strategy to convert all available ground to heritage listing.

Bicter you may be right, but lets hope not. But if we jump and down now and show our strength they may think twice before doing it.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter on Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Wombat,
I fear jumping up and down rarely affects their long term plans, they nod wisely and make all the motherhood statements promising the earth but if it isn't in writing/legislation they continue with their agenda regardless. These people seem to march to a different drumbeat and believe they know better than everyone else what's good for us.
What this means is that somehow or other relevant legislation needs to be amended to incorporate some form of protection for future prospectors and other users of the bush.
bicter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon May 15, 2017 5:44 pm

It now looks like that we may also have Louise Staley MP for the seat of Rippon at our Wednesday night meeting.
Also Olly Oleszek, PMAV President will be at the meeting as well.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Mon May 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Hope all goes well Wombat.
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rowdy on Mon May 15, 2017 8:48 pm

I just got an email about a media release in reply to the petition launched about the heritage park. Chris Meadows Taylor is implying that we are over reacting and that there is nothing to fear about loss of prospecting areas. This is the first tactic that Governments and councils use to get there way. Then when you think there is no changes that will affect us ,bang there in place and it's too late. Now in one word do I believe him- Answer NO Evil or Very Mad
Rowdy
rowdy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

RE: Regional Councils Lead the Charge for Goldfields World Heritage List6ing

Post  noyungan on Mon May 15, 2017 9:11 pm

What about the Eureka Stockade??? That must rate as the greatest heritage of all!!! Cos it guaranteed a freedom.. Alas,, all authorities appear to love restricting freedoms cos they love the power that gives them and never mind the injustices done to the restricted.. We need a new system!!! Q03 Q03 Q14 Q14 Q07 Q07 noyungan

noyungan
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dougy on Mon May 15, 2017 9:34 pm

rowdy wrote:I just got an email about a media release in reply to the petition launched about the heritage park. Chris Meadows Taylor  is implying that we are over reacting and that there is nothing to fear about loss of prospecting areas. This is the first tactic that Governments and councils use to get there way. Then when you think there is no changes that will affect us ,bang there in place and it's too late. Now in one word  do I believe him- Answer NO Evil or Very Mad
Rowdy

Petition update
Chris Meddows-Taylor (Central Goldfields councillor who initiated proposal ) Reply

jason cornish
Australia

May 15, 2017 — Here is the latest 'catch up politics' from one of the main protagonists for the Heritage listing proposal.
Seems our petition and the outcry on some FACEBOOK sites has reached his office...
IF what he says is correct, they have toned down their initial statements dramatically and I thank everyone for the pressure we have put on him and the other protagonists.
GREAT WORK, lets keep it up and continue to SHARE this petition.
Feel free to send them emails or post on their social media sites..

Facebook post as of May 13, 2017 from Chris Meddows-Taylor (Central Goldfields councillor and Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive chairman who initiated proposal )
" Lots of passion about the Goldfields region which is great but lots of misinformation. There will be a media release and a communique from the Goldfields Heritage Summit held last week. Good idea to read these and work with the actual facts and outcomes from the Summit.
The media release has been drafted and will be in outlets from next week. The communique will follow shortly after and the purpose of both is to let everyone know what was discussed and what the forward proposals are.

Given the comments here three key messages which will feature in the media release and communique:
1. In no way is there any proposal for the establishment of some new park or reserve which would exclude activities. Any sites considered as part of the process, which is referred to as a serial listing, would be the most special of the structures and buildings across the region already listed on the Victorian Heritage Register and/or the National Heritage List.
2. Consequently there would be no change to current management of prospecting and mining and other bush activities such as camping and four wheel driving.                                                                                                                          ????????????????????????????
3. The proposal if advanced requires an extensive comparative research and consultation program, ((((initially over a two year period,))))<<<<<<<< enabling all stakeholders, interest groups and individuals to have their views considered. The proposal cannot advance without this extensive research and consultation process. Everyone's views will be considered.
I suggest we allow the media release and communique, which will enable everyone to engage with the actual information, to inform the debate" CHRIS MEDDOWS-TAYLOR
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And he said this nearly ((3 years ago.))
quote;
Mr Meddows-Taylor said he thought it could take three to five years for the goldfields to earn a listing if the federal government applied to have the sites added to the list.
"How many years depends on the ((((strengths of the push)))) and the readiness of the areas to get the bits of paper together and the business case processed," he said.
"It won't be an overnight thing."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND THIS WAS SAID  ((8 YEARS AGO))
QUOTE;
Victorian Goldfields
Commencing in 2009, Chris developed, championed and continues to lead a major heritage and tourism cross-regional development project Victoria's Goldfields –Australia's Premier Heritage Region comprising 13 municipalities and several government agencies and regional authorities. A number of initiatives have already been implemented. The project included a proposal to rekindle the proposal for a regionally based nomination for World Heritage Listing of the Castlemaine Diggings National Park. The project was actively supported by many municipalities in the submissions to the recent Parliamentary Inquiry into Heritage Tourism and Ecotourism. Chris led the regional submission and co-ordinated the visit of the Parliamentary Committee to the Goldfields region. The Inquiry report recommended the World Heritage Listing.
In recent months Chris negotiated a memorandum of understanding between the Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive and the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) relating to an active commitment of the NTAV to become more strategically active in the Goldfields. An early deliverable is a partnership for annual delivery of a combined Goldfields Heritage Festival commencing in 2015. Chris is on a NTAV working party to explore the role for a new NTAV Goldfields region branch.
((BLOODY CHAMPION))
https://federation.edu.au/faculties-and-schools/faculty-of-education-and-arts/staff-profiles/fellows/chris-meddows-taylor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SAID LAST WEEK.
QUOTE;
Central Goldfields councillor and Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive chairman Chris Meddows-Taylor said while the concept was an old one, it presented significant tourism and heritage maintenance opportunities for the region.

“It’s been around for a long time but just getting the momentum to get it going has been building in recent years and we think we’re just about
 ready to go,” Cr Meddows-Taylor said.
 http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4648076/bold-goldfields-plans/
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And judging by the PMAV' outlook,it does not seem HE has been in talks or consultation sessions with any of the Appropriate body's of interest at all.Arrogance & ignorance seems to be the norm.

Obviously item 3 has not been happening over the LAST 8 YEARS.
QUOTE;
3. The proposal if advanced requires an extensive comparative research and consultation program, ((((initially over a two year period,))))<<<<<<<< enabling all stakeholders, interest groups and individuals to have their views considered. The proposal cannot advance without this extensive research and consultation process. Everyone's views will be considered.

Last week HE SAID. (((we think we’re just about
ready to go,” Cr Meddows-Taylor said.)))

AND YESTERDAY HE SAYS.((((initially over a two year period,)))

Last edited by dougy on Tue May 16, 2017 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Mon May 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Who the hell wants to go to a Goldfields and look at bloody mounds of dirt that had been dug many years ago. Heritage listing this is a joke and only a dumb ass could think of for his own personal gain....... Not. T02 T05 T22 V04
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top