PLEASE SHARE AND SIGN! PETITION TO STOP THE HERITAGE LISTING

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PMAV response to request to share

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Wed May 17, 2017 10:51 pm

Thanks guys for sharing the love!
I was finally contacted by the PMAV today about this petition.

The petition was started on the basis of 2 different news reports from last weeks 'Goldfields Heritage Summit' and where the politicians, mainly Central Goldfields councillor and Victorian Goldfields Tourism Executive chairman Chris Meddows-Taylor (who for years has attempted to get his Heritage listing for Goldfields off the ground), gave reporters sound bites and spruiked how “It’s been around for a long time but just getting the momentum to get it going has been building in recent years and we think we’re just about ready to go,” Cr Meddows-Taylor said.
PMAV haven't pushed, shared nor endorsed this petition due to the fact they say its not factual. My answer was that it was based on these politicians own statements (as reported) and in particular, Chris Meddows-Taylors comments and actions over the last several years to push his agenda.

On that basis, we need to show these bureaucrats that there is strong support, by being able to have signatures to back up our argument for them to DROP this issue. Don's waste time, money nor resources on an issue that should not even be on the agenda.
They keep saying that it will have a process whereby all groups will be considered, but as you know, that means jack Shite when international lobbyists and green preferences are on the line with our State and Federal politicians.

The petition is a clear statement that we do not want our public land touched and the issue shouldn't be considered NOW nor ever.

If we give them an inch, they will take a mile, or in this case 25,000sq km.

Chris Meddows-Taylor has contacted me and has said all the facts and information will be presented soon.
"One good reason Jason is that the Ballarat Courier wanted some coverage during a break in the Summit. It focussed what the Summit was discussing not what the conclusions were which is fine. Media have their own availability and deadlines. We needed to draw together the views so the Summit and then a media release was put together in the following days and a communique will follow. Media often cover an event before the outcomes are finalised. That's the way the world works."
I am hoping it will be in the Maryborough Advertiser tomorrow Jason. Council's media release went out today and as soon as it is on the Council website will post the URL here as it is a bit long for a comment and the URL link will be easier. I think there will be quite a lot of coverage from it including at the Ballarat and Bendigo ends of the Goldfields. The Summit communique which will be like a small brochure going into more detail than on these issues should take about another week or so and then will also be posted online and be made as available as we can" 14th May.
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-04-21

http://www.russellhalden.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: PLEASE SHARE AND SIGN! PETITION TO STOP THE HERITAGE LISTING

Post  bedrock on Thu May 18, 2017 12:39 am

no. 987
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar on Thu May 18, 2017 6:10 pm

I might come at this with another angle, i've been asking has PMAV got onto the SFF party with no one saying anything, so i think it's time to bring in other bigger allies, it's not just Prospector's that will get the big ban it will be 4wd enthusiast, dirt bike riders, campers, and the big one the shooter's/hunter's, if your a member of such a group on Facebook etc bring up this proposed ban, it shouldn't be just an issue of Prospecting as it effects many people, and the more people up in arms the better.

This Job Killing Proposal by the current Central Goldfields shire will send business broke in the entire region, They might as well shut down all of Dunolly, half the business turnover of Maryborough and what there is left in Talbot, forget it, it will be shut down and closed for Business!

Well done Central Goldfields shire, way to kill off the local economy and taking job's away from kids! Evil or Very Mad

The Petition is at roughly 1000 now!

Last edited by gollstar on Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbazoo on Thu May 18, 2017 7:26 pm

i signed!

bubbazoo
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 pm

gollstar wrote:I might come at this with another angle, i've been asking has PMAV got onto the SFF party with no one saying anything, so i think it's time to bring in other bigger allies, it's not just Prospector's that will get the big ban it will be 4wd enthusiast, dirt bike riders, campers, and the big one the shooter's/hunter's, if your a member of such a group on Facebook etc bring up this proposed ban, it shouldn't be just an issue of Prospecting as it effects many people, and the more people up in arms the better.

This Job Killing Proposal by the current Central Goldfields shire will send business broke in the entire region, They might as well shut down all of Dunolly, half the business turnover of Maryborough and what there is left in Talbot, forget it, it will be shut down and closed for Business!

Well done Central Goldfields shire, way to kill off the local economy and taking job's away from kids! Evil or Very Mad

The Petition is at roughly 1000 now!

Well said. Yes we need to have any public demonstrations with ALL the affected groups. Would definitely carry more weight and would resound with a lot more public if they saw families, horse riders, prospectors, grey nomads etc!
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Changed Petition to show current information

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Fri May 19, 2017 1:56 pm

The petition was changed after the news article was found to be exaggerated and the politicians quickly back peddled on their comments!
It is now incorporating the proposed CENTRAL WEST INVESTIGATION being conducted by the biased Victorian Environmental Assessment Council (VEAC)
Here is what they want to lock away - HUGE tracts of land and more to come...

We will keep the pressure on them, where the PMAV won't. The PMAV have refused to submit (rightly so) any submission with the VEAC as they are biased and any dealings PMAV have had with them in the past, has been a waste of time and resources.

Keep pressure on these groups by signing and sharing on any social media platform.

https://www.change.org/p/don-t-lock-up-the-victorian-bush

Cheers
Jason
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL on Fri May 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Some developments - http://www.maryboroughadvertiser.com.au/2017/05/heritage-victoria-quells-prospectors-whl-fears/
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoGeo on Fri May 19, 2017 6:23 pm

I've recently been looking at buying a property in the GT so I can have a base to head back to each night. I love camping and we usually either sleep in swags or if we are there for 3 or more days, I take my camper trailer.
One thing I have noticed since looking through the advertised properties. Is that a large number of property discriptions/write ups. Clearly target prospectors.
Obviously we spend a considerable amount of money throughout the GT stocking up on supplies and fuel while looking for Gold.
But there are also other areas we clearly spend a considerable amount of money on.
The short sightedness of these types of proposals never ceases to amaze me.

Cherrs,
Lee.
NeoGeo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  WF2.0 on Mon May 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Signed...

WF2.0