Finally some serious depth with our detectors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finally some serious depth with our detectors

Post  goldchaser on Fri May 12, 2017 5:38 pm

haha but where cheating,just picked this up outa perth,only small but we dont have to pay or rely on others to shift her about,looking foward to having a scratch about......
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally some serious depth with our detectors

Post  Travelergold on Fri May 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Looks the goods, just hope you got some ground to use it on. legally
TG

Travelergold
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

-finally-some-serious-depth-with-our-detectors

Post  bloodgold2 on Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Sweet mate, that will do the job Very Happy how's your new detector going? Haven't seen you post much since you got it?

bloodgold2
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Fri May 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Hey Goldchaser it looks like it will ground balance OK. It does look like it was made by Minelab though. Q34
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4148
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Fri May 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Hey Dave, that's neat little beast mate, you should have plenty of fun with that.

cheers dave

Management

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Fri May 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Jeez mate the paint work got you in .... Razz she'd be older than us Razz  what is she an old International TD6 ? 45 -55 HP from memory or an old Oliver ? Alice Chalmers ? what ever she is ,they were mighty ol crawlers in there day ....it'll be a step down from what your used to driving in the mines.... Very Happy  Tracks and blade look in good nick ,she'll strip of relavitley loose material ,below that ,yeah she'll have a battle.....but yeah i'm a bit envious ..... every bloke needs a new toy to play with ... Very Happy
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Fri May 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Yeah TG have ground for it....
Put me on the spot dave,havent been out much but that ones sat in cupboard,only 6 hrs with it but will give it a few days soon when i have more time if it can handle the ground...
Yeah wombat only bit heavier then the 19" Very Happy
 Should do davesgold,be a few months away yet Cool
 Hugh yeah its a td6,got it off a 78 yr old thats rebuilt the truck and the little dozer,old school tinkerer that can rebuild or fix anything id say,he has heavily modified the td6,rams up the front so the original maze of arms and rams on side are gone,as you can prob see,pins idlers sprockets etc all done,heres the kicker,instead of rebuilding the orig motor (head had cracks everywhere and he was struggling to find one) he fitted a mazda t3500 donk and box coupled to the td6 box,what ive researched the td6 had about 35-40hp,think this motors up around 80-90,prob the worlds most powerfull td6 Shocked  the little thing runs like a champ....
Few small bit and pieces to tidy up on the dozer but not alot,some fresh lines here and there and tidy up some wiring,steer clutches are good and he did the brake bands.....
ps hugh: serial tag still on it,infos online and it was no 28,000 odd which puts it 1951-52....

Last edited by goldchaser on Fri May 12, 2017 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : blabla)
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke on Sun May 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Great buy Goldchaser. That will be fun for sure.

The only little obstacle is tiny metal chards coming off the tracks, but no big deal. cheers Pete.
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Sun May 14, 2017 8:46 pm

piston broke wrote:Great buy Goldchaser. That will be fun for sure.  

The only little obstacle is tiny metal chards coming off the tracks, but no big deal. cheers Pete.

Im not gonna worry about tiny steel or tiny gold signals pete we'll be to busy picking up 1-2kg nuggets....wont we Rolling Eyes
Seriously though the pair were a bargain for the work thats been done to them so nothing to lose really,about 11ozs and its payed for,theres gold deeper where its going so hopefully we can cover it,roll the dice anyway and see what happens,might do some cheap scraping later for any locals also while its parked......
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke on Sun May 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Did the truck sit on 90kmh without overheating or any other problems?
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1451
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Mon May 15, 2017 2:22 am

piston broke wrote:Did the truck sit on 90kmh  without overheating or any other problems?

Yeah sat about 70c the whole way back,runs quite well,had alot of work done to it but he didnt touch the motor,blows a little blue smoke until it warms up,steerings a bit vague in the old girl,78 -D series,pulled up past sth cross for a much needed snooze early morn on the way back....
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Mon May 15, 2017 9:23 am

Looks interesting, I wish I could use one in a couple of spots we know of  Rolling Eyes , keep us posted on your progress.

Wayne cheers .
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2308
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  nanjim on Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 am

goldchaser,

I like your new toys....
Now the fun begins....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

nanjim
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Mon May 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Ah, I see, your going out there to have fun aren't you. It reminded me of my little red Massey Ferguson 35. Gee, I miss her. Sad

Have you got a ripper blade on the back goldchaser? Would it help?

Management

Number of posts : 3475
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Mon May 15, 2017 1:52 pm

slimpickens wrote: Ah, I see, your going out there to have fun aren't you. It reminded me of my little red Massey Ferguson 35. Gee, I miss her. Sad

Have you got a ripper blade on the back goldchaser? Would it help?

Yeah nanjim should  be fun......
Slim the little dozer he took to a mates 5acre block in perth so we could see it goin etc,little old shed next to where dozer was parked there was a 35 i think sittin there,been there a long time by the looks,that was up behind us,ya wont see it,has a little set of rippers on the back with a cuppla grader tynes on it,bit smaller then the d10's ripper's we have at work    lol
Heres the old girl runnin,grahem's last spin on it,it was his pride and joy,think he shed a tear when i left.....
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Mon May 15, 2017 6:34 pm

horsepower won't matter...weight will..but for light recon work it will work well...welcome to the club.
goldtalkleonora
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 pm

goldchaser wrote:
piston broke wrote:Did the truck sit on 90kmh  without overheating or any other problems?

Yeah sat about 70c the whole way back,runs quite well,had alot of work done to it but he didnt touch the motor,blows a little blue smoke until it warms up,steerings a bit vague in the old girl,78 -D series,pulled up past sth cross for a much needed snooze early morn on the way back....

Awww mate now i'm definetly envious ,what a good set up ,just poking along steady, these old girls aught to with a bit of TLC last for years, his done a great job .Thou personally i'm not sure if id be pushing the ol D'series up to 90 kmh , particulary loaded .Mate where did he mount the hydraulic pump ?
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Mon May 15, 2017 8:09 pm

I was going to mention I bought a new pick Rolling Eyes but seeing your new digger in action it seems so insignificant  pale  makes one feel slightly inadequate actually  lol!  and definitely makes you this weeks winner of the Big Boys Big Toys category,  V05  Congrats!!!!.... V01  does the wife know or are you going to sneak this one in silent, having been born and raised a farm boy in the South West, I often dream of playing with a bit of old machinery so its always good to see a bit of older gear resurrected back to a new life, good luck with it, love the video, it speaks a million words, please keep us informed.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2308
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Mon May 15, 2017 11:04 pm

thanks goldtalk but im only a junior member....
ya right hugh,i had a little moment on the way back when at about 55 she got on the shoulder of the road and wondered off a bit,old truck,i backed off after that
the hydraulic pumps ran off the pto at the rear,sprocket and chain....
better half was all for it wayne,im lucky there,big boys toys? Shocked
goldtalks excavator could prob load and unload that little dozer im thinking,im playing in the bath still,he's in the deep end of the pool mate Laughing Laughing Laughing
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top