The Australian Way.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Australian Way.

Post  adrian ss on Tue May 16, 2017 2:19 pm

The Australian Way used to be. Look after your mates, A fair go for everyone and to lend a helping hand to someone in trouble and to not ask for anything in return. Personal satisfaction was enough.

Now The Australian Way is:
Stuff you Jack, I'm okay. Or to get that one more car space in front, or to abuse the crap out of you if you drive below the speed limit,even by just one kph or to ram into your car in the car parks and then drive away or to sell you a piece of junk that is totally rooted at as high a price as possible.

Yeah good ole Aussies. A bunch of drunk, brain dead con artists who drive passed a dying dog rather than lend a hand, because they are in too big of an important  hurry to get home or to work for their morning or evening coffee
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1277
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The Australian Way.

Post  Digginerup on Tue May 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Crikey Adrian! has someone shat in your weeties? Rolling Eyes perhaps if you stopped romanticising/fantasising about the good old days (that never were) where everyone was everyone's mate and the world was a rose garden you would be less affected by the reality of the human condition, there never has been a time in mans history when everyone was a saint, mankind has always struggled to rise above its own filth, our history is a shameful horrible account of mans wrongdoings to others only inter dispersed with random acts of decent humanity, do some reading and you will find the best and the worst of humans has always been around, nothing new to see here Wink

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2355
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  too much dirt on Tue May 16, 2017 7:44 pm

What`s the story ,Adrian ? Did someone hit a dog with a car and no-one helped ?

I have always pulled over to check what i have hit and only ever once hit a dog ,which i took to the Lort Smith vets for treatment. Not my dog ,but i did the right thing. Not everyone is uncaring ,but there are a few out there ,mate.
too much dirt
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll on Tue May 16, 2017 7:58 pm

adrian ss wrote:The Australian Way used to be. Look after your mates, A fair go for everyone and to lend a helping hand to someone in trouble and to not ask for anything in return. Personal satisfaction was enough.

Now The Australian Way is:
Stuff you Jack, I'm okay. Or to get that one more car space in front, or to abuse the crap out of you if you drive below the speed limit,even by just one kph or to ram into your car in the car parks and then drive away or to sell you a piece of junk that is totally rooted at as high a price as possible.

Yeah good ole Aussies. A bunch of drunk, brain dead con artists who drive passed a dying dog rather than lend a hand, because they are in too big of an important  hurry to get home or to work for their morning or evening coffee

80% agreeable Exclamation

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed May 17, 2017 7:41 am

Digginerup wrote:Crikey Adrian! has someone shat in your weeties? Rolling Eyes perhaps if you stopped romanticising/fantasising about the good old days (that never were) where everyone was everyone's mate and the world was a rose garden you would be less affected by the reality of the human condition, there never has been a time in mans history when everyone was a saint, mankind has always struggled to rise above its own filth, our history is a shameful horrible account of mans wrongdoings to others only inter dispersed with random acts of decent humanity, do some reading and you will find the best and the worst of humans has always been around, nothing new to see here Wink

Wayne. cheers
 You be right except for the Shat in my weeties bit.

It may be because I have done so much reading and in particular the Bible, that I am on a downer at the moment. Or maybe I have been in Canberra too long.
    A huge % of these people are ignorant road rule breaking morons who won't even talk to a man across the back fence unless it is to complain about something.
       Driving and motor bike riding used to be a favourite pass time. Going for a drive or ride all day was the norm for me because I relaxed and enjoyed the travel but now in this rat hole it is seldom more than 60 seconds after leaving my driveway when some brain dead P***k is right on my hammer or has cut me off at the roundabouts or tried to kill me, themselves and others on the road.
Just moving from the driveway onto the bloody road is nerve racking. I wish I could fit Puff The Magic Dragon and a rocket launcher to to front and rear of the car. Man could I have some fun for a while.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 on Wed May 17, 2017 8:37 am

l think drugs have a lot to do with this behaviour adrian its more wide spread than people think.Times have changed for the worse imo.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

courtesy.

Post  mungoman on Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 am

Adrian mate, It's Canberra, plain and simple...and we're getting older. Like you, i used to have a bike and a car for transport but also for fun, and there was no finer feeling than throwing the leg over and heading for those country roads with all those flip flops.

Living in Goulburn required me to visit that paragon of concrete called Canberra, but sometime in the nineties/noughties I realised that my reactions and responses weren't as quick as they used to be, and Canberra's drivers are the worst rascals in the world

I'm not saying that courtesy doesn't exist - it still does - but you'll need a fine mesh classifier to get a trace - anyway, nevermind all that, shiney side up Adrian.
mungoman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 am

You could be correct re the drugs.
Ice and other stuff is so easily available to all people these days, not just young dip shits.
A sign of the times as far as road behaviour is concerned is the number of road speed humps being placed around the suburbs these days.
There is even speed humps in 40k school zones.
My driveway is just 100 mtrs from a 40k school zone and a 60k sign approx 50 mtr from my driveway and yet I have dead heads beeping their bloody horn when I slow down to enter my drive, and I give the turn indication at the 60 k sign.But still they tailgate all the way to the driveway. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed May 17, 2017 10:04 am

mungoman wrote:Adrian mate, It's Canberra, plain and simple...and we're getting older. Like you, i used to have a bike and a car for transport but also for fun, and there was no finer feeling than throwing the leg over and heading for those country roads with all those flip flops.

Living in Goulburn required me to visit that paragon of concrete called Canberra, but sometime in the nineties/noughties I realised that my reactions and responses weren't as quick as they used to be, and Canberra's drivers are the worst rascals in the world

I'm not saying that courtesy doesn't exist - it still does - but you'll need a fine mesh classifier to get a trace - anyway, nevermind all that, shiney side up Adrian.
My reactions are still pretty sharp as a result of years n years of motor cycling and martial arts but I cannot say the same for a lot of the younger drivers today who seem to be very slow thinkers...or maybe just very indecisive
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed May 17, 2017 11:27 am

adrian ss wrote:You could be correct re the drugs.
Ice and other stuff is so easily available to all people these days, not just young dip shits.
A sign of the times as far as road behaviour is concerned is the number of road speed humps being placed around the suburbs these days.
My driveway is just 100 mtrs from a 40k school zone and a 60k sign approx 50 mtr from my driveway and yet I have dead heads beeping their bloody horn when I slow down to enter my drive, and I give the turn indication at the 60 k sign.But still they tailgate all the way to the driveway. Rolling Eyes

Adrian,
I think you will be better off to sell up and move to the country where you won't have to be on edge every day because of all these " nig nogs "
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1325
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Wed May 17, 2017 1:18 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:

Adrian,
I think you will be better off to sell up and move to the country where you won't have to be on edge every day because of all these " nig nogs "

Adrian ss , crikey ol fellow ,I thought you where a bit over due for a good rant ... Very Happy ...but yes I would 80% agree with it and also the above commentary ,but here's another angle that i'm convinced of ,that doesn't get any recognition ,that ''OVERCONFIDENCE '' also plays a huge role nowadays ,in that modern vehicles are so bloody powerfull ,and the steering and brakes are so effective ,people get over confident , relying on the vehicle's capability's ,and combined with arrogance etc and this mad rush that a lot of people insist on being in ,=== ROAD RAGE .
    Example ; I took this little '' KIA '' a little mums car ,who reckons its a bit under powered Rolling Eyes  the engine was about as long as my fore arm ,and as a owner of a 94' diesel troopy ,that thing terrified me ,its power ,handling characteristics affraid  I think modern cars lure people into a false sense of security ,driving above their weight limit Neutral
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed May 17, 2017 5:20 pm

hugh62 wrote:
UNCLE BOB wrote:

Adrian,

Adrian ss , crikey ol fellow ,I thought you where a bit over due for a good rant ... Very Happy ...but yes I would 80% agree with it and also the above commentary ,but here's another angle that i'm convinced of ,that doesn't get any recognition ,that ''OVERCONFIDENCE '' also plays a huge role nowadays ,in that modern vehicles are so bloody powerfull ,and the steering and brakes are so effective ,people get over confident , relying on the vehicle's capability's ,and combined with arrogance etc and this mad rush that a lot of people insist on being in ,=== ROAD RAGE .
    Example ; I took this little '' KIA '' a little mums car ,who reckons its a bit under powered Rolling Eyes  the engine was about as long as my fore arm ,and as a owner of a 94' diesel troopy ,that thing terrified me ,its power ,handling characteristics affraid  I think modern cars lure people into a false sense of security ,driving above their weight limit Neutral

Overdue for a rant! Yeah I think I have been getting withdrawal symptoms. and needed a pressure release. Very Happy....I feel better now.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Wed May 17, 2017 6:11 pm

adrian ss wrote:
Digginerup wrote:Crikey Adrian! has someone shat in your weeties? Rolling Eyes perhaps if you stopped romanticising/fantasising about the good old days (that never were) where everyone was everyone's mate and the world was a rose garden you would be less affected by the reality of the human condition, there never has been a time in mans history when everyone was a saint, mankind has always struggled to rise above its own filth, our history is a shameful horrible account of mans wrongdoings to others only inter dispersed with random acts of decent humanity, do some reading and you will find the best and the worst of humans has always been around, nothing new to see here Wink

Wayne. cheers

It may be because I have done so much reading and in particular the Bible, that I am on a downer at the moment. Or maybe I have been in Canberra too long.
    A huge % of these people are ignorant road rule breaking morons who won't even talk to a man across the back fence unless it is to complain about something.
       Driving and motor bike riding used to be a favourite pass time. Going for a drive or ride all day was the norm for me because I relaxed and enjoyed the travel but now in this rat hole it is seldom more than 60 seconds after leaving my driveway when some brain dead P***k is right on my hammer or has cut me off at the roundabouts or tried to kill me, themselves and others on the road.
Just moving from the driveway onto the bloody road is nerve racking. I wish I could fit Puff The Magic Dragon and a rocket launcher to to front and rear of the car. Man could I have some fun for a while.

The weeties Rolling Eyes .....A figure of speech naturally Wink  I don't doubt you know as much about our sordid human past, present and sadly future as the next man, sometimes we all need a reminder to seek out the positive.
Senseless, dangerous or just plain stupid behavior on and off road is not exclusive to Canberra or anywhere else for that matter, the f%$#wit fraternity are many, very mobile and wide reaching, even up here and way out further where the population is much thinner you will encounter them, I have come to the conclusion only the ratios differ per capita, I am sure our traffic is not as intense as yours or others but we often travel 7-8 hrs to pursue our hobbies and rarely escape witnessing ridiculous actions with no real benefit to anyone, I don't believe they are currently offered by the manufacturer  but I have many times imagined how useful a rocket launcher accessory would be on the front of the Ute.  

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2355
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Wed May 17, 2017 6:55 pm

adrian ss wrote:

Overdue for a rant! Yeah I think I have been getting withdrawal symptoms. and needed a pressure release. Very Happy....I feel better now.

Adrian, calm down and take time to smell the roses. There is still much beauty to enjoy in this world. Not all today's youth is heading for the cliff. ( Oh look, she's a foreigner as well... who would have thought? Rolling Eyes

https://youtu.be/qDqTBlKU4CE

Last edited by slimpickens on Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Management

Number of posts : 3574
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  too much dirt on Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Good onya , Adrian. I think we all need a rant from time to time. The world is full of irresponsible people who are self centred and thoughtless towards others ,either on the road or otherwise.
I live in the sticks ,miles from any real civilization and alot of people don`t know how to share a one-lane road . Apparently , if i pull to the left for an oncoming car to share the road, it gets mis-interpreted that i`m letting them have the whole bitumen road so i get to travel in the gravel What a Face

I agree with the comment that there are idiot drivers everywhere and it`s just the ratio varies from place to place .

I was taught to drive properly, courteously and safely and respect the road rules.Then i went through a hoon stage as a young adult and one day i woke up to myself. People`s lives are more important than being a DH on the road .

That`s my rant Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
too much dirt
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Wed May 17, 2017 7:08 pm

too much dirt wrote:Good onya , Adrian. I think we all need a rant from time to time. The world is full of irresponsible people who are self centred and thoughtless towards others ,either on the road or otherwise.
I live in the sticks ,miles from any real civilization and alot of people don`t know how to share a one-lane road . Apparently , if i pull to the left for an oncoming car to share the road, it gets mis-interpreted that i`m  letting them have  the whole bitumen road so i  get to travel in the gravel What a Face  

I agree with the comment that there are idiot drivers everywhere and it`s just the ratio varies from place to place .

I was taught to drive properly, courteously and safely and respect the road rules.Then i went through a hoon stage as a young adult and one day i woke up to myself.  People`s lives are more important than being a DH on the road .

That`s my rant  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  

Hey Too Much Dirt,

Don't you think that the bloke staying on the road was trying not to throw stones at you. Up here in NQ we get off the narrow roads so that the roadtrains can stay on the bitumen and not throw stones at you. You may have misinterpreted their good deed. We all need to think before we complain. Very Happy

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  too much dirt on Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Good point, Rockhunter62. I never thought of it that way ,but these people are just road hogs .
I swear at them and then get over it Very Happy

I get right off the road for big tractors , trucks ,machinery and anyone carrying stock or towing a trailer . We have lots of rocks and potholes on the roadsides up my way ,so it can be dangerous getting too far off the bitumen.

Those roadtrains are grouse. I overtook one in the N.T while towing a caravan once and i reckon it took a mile to get passed him.
too much dirt
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu May 18, 2017 8:03 am

slimpickens wrote:
adrian ss wrote:

Adrian, calm down and smell the roses. There is still much beauty to enjoy in this world. Not all today's youth is heading for the cliff. ( Oh look, she's a foreigner as well... who would have thought? Rolling Eyes

Walking back from the Post office the other day when a young pup and two little hotties on each side of him, strolled past and the pup said Gday pops and the three of them stolled on giggling to themselves. I said Gday boy with a smile on my face (coz nothing else smiles) while thinking. Stuff of ya little turd before I rip yer head off.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu May 18, 2017 8:28 am

Digginerup wrote:
adrian ss wrote:

Wayne. cheers

The weeties Rolling Eyes .....A figure of speech naturally Wink  I don't doubt you know as much about our sordid human past, present and sadly future as the next man, sometimes we all need a reminder to seek out the positive.
Senseless, dangerous or just plain stupid behavior on and off road is not exclusive to Canberra or anywhere else for that matter, the f%$#wit fraternity are many, very mobile and wide reaching, even up here and way out further where the population is much thinner you will encounter them, I have come to the conclusion only the ratios differ per capita, I am sure our traffic is not as intense as yours or others but we often travel 7-8 hrs to pursue our hobbies and rarely escape witnessing ridiculous actions with no real benefit to anyone, I don't believe they are currently offered by the manufacturer  but I have many times imagined how useful a rocket launcher accessory would be on the front of the Ute.  

Wayne. cheers

The rocket launcher is very doable but might be difficult to explain during a roadside roadworthy check by the boys in blue. Q12

Got a request the other day to build a Tesla Coil for a friend. One of those fired up on the boot of the car might discourage tailgaters.  Q24

I have one buried in the shed somewhere. Will try to find a pic of it for Show & tell
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Maybe time for a change

Post  Dig24crt on Thu May 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi Adrian,
There are wonderful little motorhomes around called Matilda Clancys.They were built between 2000 and 2003.2 Models the best being the ones with shower and toilet.There built on Hilux chassis and have a fibreglass shell.17 ft long, can sleep 4 but ideal for a single person or a couple.Come in autos and manual transmission.
Have had 5 motorhomes that where larger, but find these absolutely brillant.Not the costs involved in maintaining a larger one.There a 2.7 petrol motor and properly maintained will run to 400, 000 ks, mine has 280, 000ks and doesnt burn a drop of oil.Do a motor and your up for $2500 compared to 8000 plus for diesels.
Prices range from 30 to 40k, although one sold in mt isa for 22k last year and I picked mine up for 18k and spent 3k on refurbishment.
Having one of these and a book called free camps australia and a new world opens up.
I dont give a rats for the ailments of the world, if I dont like the view change it.
Cheers Dig
Dig24crt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Thu May 18, 2017 2:01 pm

Good onya Dig. We feel the same. Heading off in 2 weeks again. Just got home from FNQ after 5 weeks away. Don't have the motor home any more but got a great van. See you on the road. PS Say g'day to Kath for us.

Cheers Jim
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu May 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Yeah Dig that would be great. Unfortunately for me the missus is not too keen on vans.

Speaking of reaction times.
Driving into the city this morn when the driver in front of me hit the breaks hard and then I hit the breaks hard and the pedal went to the floor, no breaks affraid pale...I said Sh...t, the missus said AIEEEEEEEE n my ears are still ringing Laughing
Half a bazillionth of a second later I pulled on the hand break and stopped in time but it was close. Car had been serviced yesterday Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dig24crt on Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Cheers Jim
Love road trips and the bush and if theres more than one bush even better.Say hi to Cheryl, catch you on a dusty track one day
Cheers
Dig24crt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Thu May 18, 2017 2:43 pm

slimpickens wrote:
adrian ss wrote:

Adrian, calm down and take time to smell the roses. There is still much beauty to enjoy in this world. Not all today's youth is heading for the cliff. ( Oh look, she's a foreigner as well... who would have thought? Rolling Eyes

Thanks for that slim,that was amazing,what a talent......
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  too much dirt on Thu May 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Short story on what happened to a bloke last weekend. We had a friend`s birthday in a remote spot outside a major town and one of the party goers went into town for supplies and got a flat tyre in his BMW ,just 5 kms from town on the Western highway. The wheel saver spare had different nuts to the wheels he had on the car ,so he called for roadside assistance .
They came and picked up the wheel with the flat tyre, took it into town ,stuck a patch on it and returned and fitted it . $375 they charged him to patch up an old tyre.

I paid under $400 for my new set on my car the day before the party ,so talk about getting ripped off.

too much dirt
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar on Thu May 18, 2017 8:08 pm

If your an old person and feel the need to go 75 kph on a country road and have nothing better to do or are in no great rush to be anywhere and see in your mirror ten car's up your ear, please just pull over and let them pass, it will only take five seconds for them to pass, people like me have to get to work and it's very dangerous for all in Central vic because of no Duel carriage ways or over taking lanes anywhere.

So if you come to Central Vic with your Giant Jayco in tow and feel like going 20 under the limit keep in mind not everyone is there for a Holiday! Some do have to get to work, so do the right thing and pull over or slow down so other's who need to be somewhere can pass you, it's not hard, i've been towing a 21 foot caravan and have pulled a bit to the left to let cars overtake, you can too!
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 696
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Fri May 19, 2017 9:24 am

too much dirt wrote:Short story on what happened to a bloke  last weekend. We had a friend`s birthday in a remote spot outside a major town   and one of the party goers went into town for supplies and got a flat tyre in his BMW  ,just 5 kms from town on the Western highway. The wheel saver spare had different nuts to the wheels he had on the car ,so he called for roadside assistance .
They came and picked up the wheel with the flat tyre, took it into town ,stuck a patch on it and returned and fitted it . $375   they charged him to patch up an old tyre.

I paid under $400 for my new set on my car the day before the party ,so talk about getting ripped off.

The good ole Aussie fair go for all rip off.
I had 4 new tyres fitted to the car yesterday by Toyota in phillip. Just over 400 fitted and balanced. Good tyres fair price.
375 to fix a puncture. pale
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Fri May 19, 2017 9:37 am

gollstar wrote:If your an old person and feel the need to go 75 kph on a country road and have nothing better to do or are in no great rush to be anywhere and see in your mirror ten car's up your ear, please just pull over and let them pass, it will only take five seconds for them to pass, people like me have to get to work and it's very dangerous for all in Central vic because of no Duel carriage ways or over taking lanes anywhere.

So if you come to Central Vic with your Giant Jayco in tow and feel like going 20 under the limit keep in mind not everyone is there for a Holiday! Some do have to get to work, so do the right thing and pull over or slow down so other's who need to be somewhere can pass you, it's not hard, i've been towing a 21 foot caravan and have pulled a bit to the left to let cars overtake, you can too!
Being old has nothing to do with slow driving.
I have yet to encounter anybody doing 75 on the open road other than graders, etc. or because of road works. I have driven approx 2 mill miles in cars and 500,000 kays on motor bikes
I have encountered people doing 5 or 6 kays below the speed limit. I have no probs with that at all. I will overtake when possible.

I do not get the urge to to tailgate them or to threaten them in any way or roar past and slam the brakes on in front of them....ta teach em a lesson in how ta drive like a dead sh..t.
It is not always an easy or simple matter to pull a van off the road shoulder. But I agree that whenever possible, allow a build up of impeded traffic to get past you safely.
Patience is a virtue. Impatience will win you zero friends and might just get you or someone else killed

A lot of young inexperienced drivers these days are impatient and think they are all highly skilled race car drivers. These drivers are erratic and unpredictable because they disregard the road laws and think they are the only people who know how to drive when in fact they have no clue at all as to what safe driving entails.
I prefer these drivers to be in front of me because it is easier to see what they are doing and to be able to take evasive action when  they screw up....Which is often
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Fri May 19, 2017 12:48 pm

I was doing a steady 100 kms./ hour in Q'land. A semi came up and tailgated me for a number of kms. There was plenty of road for him to over take. In the end he came passed at over 100 kms. / hour with a load on the flat tray. I don't think he liked my NSW number plate !
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Fri May 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Over the years I have lost 5 hardened windscreens . Two on XY Ford , XD Ford Valiant Landrover . I think they were all on the bitumen. The funny one was the Landrover , a guy was hitching a lift , on the Ouyen road. He put his hands up in prayer but I did not stop. About 20 kms. down the road I lost the passenger windscreen ..... I will not forget that .
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top