Explain in simple terms what my obligations are (buying a gold lease in WA)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Explain in simple terms what my obligations are (buying a gold lease in WA)

Post  BigAl on Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 am

Say if I buy a gold lease from someone who has done all the Plan of works or whatever its called, and the lease is for 3 years...

What happens if I just buy it and just go prospecting and do literlly nothing else. Will it be forefited back as crown land?

Bascially I have heaps of money and am really lazy.. but want my own lease to go detecting on.

Not interested in paperwork, filling out Form ABCD..QTZ

Whats the easiest way to do this? I mean if I buy a lease for $5000 for 4 years.....then it runs out.... is it then worth ZERO? Not a big deal to me, just want to do as little B**Lshit as possible. Don;t mind if I lose $5000 to be honest.

BigAl
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain in simple terms what my obligations are (buying a gold lease in WA)

Post  goldchaser on Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 am

BigAl wrote:Say if I buy a gold lease from someone who has done all the Plan of works or whatever its called, and the lease is for 3 years...

What happens if I just buy it and just go prospecting and do literlly nothing else. Will it be forefited back as crown land?

Bascially I have heaps of money and am really lazy.. but want my own lease to go detecting on.

Not interested in paperwork, filling out Form ABCD..QTZ

Whats the easiest way to do this? I mean if I buy a lease for $5000 for 4 years.....then it runs out.... is it then worth ZERO? Not a big deal to me, just want to do as little B**Lshit as possible. Don;t mind if I lose $5000 to be honest.

Ist step if ya gonna buy one is to find out if theres anything left on it,blokes wont be selling them (unless there chasing big dollars from a mining company) if theres good gold laying about easily detected.
Just buying a lease doesnt guarrantee gold,lots are just real estated,some of what youve written is a worry,sounds like you think you can hand a wad of cash over then step out of the car and find gold,dont get takin for a ride,do your homework......
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Wed May 17, 2017 9:23 am

BigAl,
With your attitude, you wouldn't enjoy one minute of gold prospecting?
Dust, heat & flies, not forgetting the flies. Gold is not laying around sticking out of the ground like plums. Can recall one trip particularly 13 days without sighting one speck in my hand while my partner was picking it up every day.
But all this is forgotten momentarily by the keen prospector when a little golden lump is laying in his/her hand.
It's a passion with most hobbyists and are always interested in learning the ropes on the road to gold rewards.
A PL has a life of 4 years, if you buy when the previous owner has had it for 2 years you only have 2 years left before renewing.
There are shire rates (approx $400/200 hectare lease)
Government rent another approx $400. (If this one isn't paid you are subject to forfeiture.)
If you are so blasé I'd take up another hobby. Maybe a hawker in St Georges Terrace handing out $100.00 notes to passers by. Wink

Good luck.

Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2024
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Wed May 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Nightjar wrote:BigAl,
With your attitude, you wouldn't enjoy one minute of gold prospecting?
Dust, heat & flies, not forgetting the flies. Gold is not laying around sticking out of the ground like plums. Can recall one trip particularly 13 days without sighting one speck in my hand while my partner was picking it up every day.
But all this is forgotten momentarily by the keen prospector when a little golden lump is laying in his/her hand.
It's a passion with most hobbyists and are always interested in learning the ropes on the road to gold rewards.
A PL has a life of 4 years, if you buy when the previous owner has had it for 2 years you only have 2 years left before renewing.
There are shire rates (approx $400/200 hectare lease)
Government rent another approx $400. (If this one isn't paid you are subject to forfeiture.)
If you are so blasé I'd take up another hobby. Maybe a hawker in St Georges Terrace handing out $100.00 notes to passers by. Wink

Good luck.

.... Razz ... Q33 .... T06
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Wed May 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Or just go and buy the Perth Mint. Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Wed May 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Al, Very Happy I too suspect you do not have the patience or persistence required for this type of hobby, however only giving it a go and time will tell, if your OK to spend $5K why not get on a gold tour and let someone else worry about the nitty gritty of where you are and whats the rules are etc Wink  while you decide if its a game for you.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2365
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top