Lack of members in representative /state bodies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lack of members in representative /state bodies

Post  hugh62 on Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Probably bit of a flow on Uncle Bob's post on PMAV ,but I do wonder what no's of people enjoying this great hobby are actually members of any state representative body ... Question or as I suspect in some cases , even the holder's of a fossicking permit Rolling Eyes you rarely see any body on here as well ,proudly displaying representative body after their signature Question I mean a lot of fellow detectorist's I've come across in the past ,when I've mentioned this & other forum's and the states rep bodies ,is usually met with ridicule  Rolling Eyes I think also that a sense of intitlement prevails here .We are all good for a whinge about things ( including myself )  but the support / commentary  too for our rep bodies in social media such as this forum ,sadly lacks at times ,IE ; Uncle Bobs post sat for 17 days /310 views / no replies till he rehashed it Exclamation ive noticed in the past too Wombat has had to repeatedly ask for assistance for a sausage sizzle / fund raiser/s .I bet there's a lot of ol ex blue & white collar workers on here that are enjoying  the benefits of their good old days of compulsory Union/ ship .IE ; strength in no's .
   Less than 12 mths ago I joined up with NAPFA ,till then I had the attitude that most of the problems other detectorists face ,IE ; ACCSESS to land , Greenies etc ,didn't apply to me ,I was alright ,I have enough country / accsess  to last me several life times , then I realized that was a grossly arrogant attitude ,there were people such as Imodogman & others ,working hard ,who are representing me /my hobby .SO I JOINED ,and for the paltry membership fee ,and lets face it , most of us would SPILL more in 12 mths .
   So what's the answer ,well my whole purpose to this post ,is NOT TOO demean the bodies at all ,rather P***k the conscious of fellow detectorists reading this '' AND JOIN YOUR STATE BODY ''... Smile
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lack of members in representative /state bodies

Post  Wombat on Wed May 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Well said Hugh62. Good onya mate.
Right now in Victoria we may be getting over one battle ( World Heritage Park thing) only to go straight into another. Proposals for more State or National Parks around the Golden Triangle. We need every prospector ( specially in Victoria) to belong to the PMAV. Without the strength in numbers of prospectors we can not fight, specially with only a few numbers. This is your bush that we are about to fight for. Join your local PMAV branch today. There are 8 overall around the state of Victoria.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4212
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait on Wed May 17, 2017 5:05 pm

I agree with all of the above Smile Hey,here's a crazy idea..could the mods put in some boxes to tick when you log in,to show you are a member of the PMAV,NAPFA etc.?
It only need be ticked once,then maybe it can be shown as a signature at the bottom each time you put up a post Rolling Eyes Can this be done guys? Very Happy

I'm a PMAV member,and it's only 50 bucks per year ( only 30 if you're on a pension) so it's pretty bloody cheap Laughing
No excuses people...JOIN NOW!! cheers
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson on Wed May 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Yes I agree with all of the above, $50.00 or I Gram per year, Everyone should be members no if's butt's or maybe's. Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Wed May 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Do the right thing good people & don't wait for others to fight for your rights to prospect. The strength lies in unity, not division. We must stand as one in times of persecution. Problems/issues don't go away on their own. Like a stitch in time saves nine, so does that of addressing an issue/problem early, before the damage goes beyond repair. Support the bodies/Institutions, that fight for your rights.

Kon. T25

Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top