Best snags in the GT.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best snags in the GT.

Post  UNCLE BOB on Sun May 21, 2017 9:29 am

G'day fellow forum members.
Here's one question,  what's the best sausage you have bought from a butcher in the Golden Triangle that should get an award from us prospectors?
So maybe next time I'm out that way, I'll drop in and grab those award winning snags.

Something to let the businesses know that we come and spend our money there and that it's not just for the prospecting, it's prospecting tourism.

Last edited by UNCLE BOB on Sun May 21, 2017 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Best snags in the GT.

Post  Axtyr on Sun May 21, 2017 10:50 am

Uncle Bob.

I don't think it should be just sausages, include anything. Vanilla slice or any other cake, coffee (exact type required, American, espresso, latte), pie, etc.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook on Sun May 21, 2017 7:33 pm

I reckon snags (with fried onions) just might be the go to diet for the intrepid prospector nearly anywhere. pirat

For instance, the thin snags manufactured by Mr. Biggs Butchers in Leonora WA are amongst the best ever tasted by me (and the missus).
A bloke could say they are well worth the 4500km. drive over just for them alone. Very Happy

Going to be trying GT snags before too long though, just by way of comparison. Cool
Looking forward to the recommendations. Laughing
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Sun May 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Hey boobook, there was a article in the kal miner a week or so ago saying that the leonora butcher had continually failed its hygiene practices and was going to be shut. Probably why they tasted so good!

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Mon May 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Last winter the Leonora butcher was closed. A pity as he had good meat. Not like a baker in Kal. I was in there one day when he was making pasties. He grabbed a handful of filling and stuffed it in the pastry then took out his false teeth and used them to make a nice pattern around the edge. I was appalled and asked him if he had a tool. He said yes he had a tool but he only used that for the donuts.

Looking forward to finding the butcher shop open this year. One of the reasons his meat tastes so good is it is all raised on salt bush which gives it a game flavour.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ on Mon May 22, 2017 7:34 pm

The butcher at Wedderburn not only makes great snags, his Kabana is absolutely magnificent.
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Mon May 22, 2017 10:15 pm

GemQ wrote:The butcher at Wedderburn not only makes great snags, his Kabana is absolutely magnificent.

That's great news mate, thanks.
I'll keep that butcher on my list
Thanks, uncle bob
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

RE: Best snags in the GT

Post  noyungan on Mon May 22, 2017 10:30 pm

I don't think any of your snag offerings could beat Tarnagulla butcher in the early 1980's. Asked what his recipe was, he said he put corned beef in with the sausage mix.. Best snags I ever ate!!!! Q38 Q38 noyungan

noyungan
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook on Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 am

Granite/Jim. Yes, the Leo. butcher was closed last winter but if you phoned (number above shop front) he would come and open up. Made a batch of snags for us on the spot.
Sad if gone for good
Could not agree more about saltbush flavour. We ate saltbush mutton for years when opal mining in SW Qld. All day slow cooked in the camp oven full of flavour and melt in the mouth. City visitors to the camp always amazed by it.
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top