Has the gold run out?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has the gold run out?

Post  slimpickens on Tue May 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Gee, it's a bit quiet in "Members Finds" lately, what's going on?
Here's some real gold!
https://youtu.be/e6r523MsuUk?list=RDtk_WMPTKW-8

_________________
Chasing the Golden Goddess till the Bitch wears me out!
avatar
slimpickens
Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  joe82 on Wed May 31, 2017 6:06 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ok Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked may have to crank that in camp lads Cool as for the real gold it still lays where I walk?????

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 650
Age : 35
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  adrian ss on Wed May 31, 2017 8:51 am

I see on tele the other day where an old bloke recently found a 4kg nugg......
avatar
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1389
Age : 71
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  Wombat on Wed May 31, 2017 8:58 am

adrian ss wrote:I see on tele the other day where an old bloke recently found a 4kg nugg......

That story was in the PMAV Eureka Echo some months back. He found it late last year

And Slim I know that there is still gold out there. But who ever is putting more dirt out there between the gold, would stop. V41
wombat Wink
avatar
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4251
Age : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  Axtyr on Wed May 31, 2017 9:21 am

It has been very disappointing the number of finds on the forum.

I saw the article on the nugget and was very disappointed that nothing was mentioned about the land grab currently going on. This was a perfect opportunity to get the message across that it might be almost impossible for anyone to find a similar nugget if the parks are implemented. Maybe the paper wouldn't print anything about it.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  deutran on Wed May 31, 2017 11:16 am

Slim I think not many people are posting their finds.I have seen a fair bit of gold found but too many scammers around now and people don't trust anymore.
avatar
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1566
Age : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

-has-the-gold-run-out

Post  bloodgold2 on Wed May 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Hey Slim, yeah been slack here is abit mate Cheers Dave.
avatar
bloodgold2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  slimpickens on Wed May 31, 2017 6:44 pm

bloodgold2 wrote: Hey Slim, yeah been slack here is a bit mate [ Cheers Dave.

Yeah, feel really bad for ya Dave Rolling Eyes Razz
P.S. Have you tried reading the manual that came with the 5000? Might be something you've missed.  Laughing

_________________
Chasing the Golden Goddess till the Bitch wears me out!
avatar
slimpickens
Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

-has-the-gold-run-out

Post  bloodgold2 on Wed May 31, 2017 7:00 pm

slimpickens wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote: Hey Slim, yeah been slack here is a bit mate [ Cheers Dave.

Yeah, feel really bad for ya Dave Rolling Eyes Razz
P.S. Have you tried reading the manual that came with the 5000? Might be something you've missed.  Laughing

Yeah guess your right Slim, should pull it out one day and have a read. Smile
avatar
bloodgold2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

HAS- THE-GOLD-RUN-OUT

Post  Eureka Dreams on Wed May 31, 2017 7:38 pm

deutran wrote:Slim I think not many people are posting their finds.I have seen a fair bit of gold found but too many scammers around now and people don't trust anymore.


(......and people don`t trust anymore )

Well you got that part spot on Steve...there`s still plenty of gold to be found...but trust is unfortunately lacking!...I find that trust is highly overrated Shocked Smile I say trust your abilities and equipment to find gold.... trust yourself...repeat...repeat Smile Enjoy your detecting all as i certainly am cheers

Eureka Dreams
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Age : 65
Registration date : 2016-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  NeoGeo on Wed May 31, 2017 8:17 pm

G'day Slim,

Here are a couple I found on my last trip around 2 months ago. I would have loved to have written a long winded post. But I've been flat out.












I had a quick check and I don't think I posted these before?
This lot was found by my mate on our last trip together. He has since moved to SA.



This lot was found by me on that same trip.



Cheers,
NG.
avatar
NeoGeo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Age : 41
Registration date : 2015-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  Kon61gold on Wed May 31, 2017 8:21 pm

The only thing that's run out of steam slim, is the current, drip fed, toy technology we call detectors today. When most historical gold books state, that most shallow gold bearing ground, was considered to be from 2/3 feet to around 10 foot deep, we must ask ourselves, what is the average depth of the majority of our gold finds found in at today & if the old timers hadn't surfaced the areas we mostly find our gold on/in, what chance would we ever have had of finding anything, apart from the odd lead bullet, donkey or horse shoe? Q35
Is there any gold left in the ground, still awaiting to be uncovered, even over/on/in well known/worked goldfields? You can bet your sweet boots there is. Shame it wont be found during our lifetime though. Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. Q11
avatar
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2447
Age : 56
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  slimpickens on Wed May 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Spectacular NeoGeo! Thanks, I really needed to see something like that.  Q01

Kon, If we don't find any gold this weekend....... well then my names' not Shiraz!


Last edited by slimpickens on Wed May 31, 2017 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Chasing the Golden Goddess till the Bitch wears me out!
avatar
slimpickens
Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

-has-the-gold-run-out

Post  bloodgold2 on Wed May 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Eureka Dreams wrote:
deutran wrote:Slim I think not many people are posting their finds.I have seen a fair bit of gold found but too many scammers around now and people don't trust anymore.


(......and people don`t trust anymore )

Well you got that part spot on Steve...there`s still plenty of gold to be found...but trust is unfortunately lacking!...I find that trust is highly overrated Shocked Smile I say trust your abilities and equipment to find gold.... trust yourself...repeat...repeat Smile Enjoy your detecting all as i certainly am cheers

Hi Eureka, I agree with the trust issue side of things,most have been burnt by somebody related to gold if they have been in the game awhile. You learn to dust yourself off and remind yourself not put yourself again through the feeling of disappointment and distrust. Having said that, it still does not dissuade me from posting SOME finds from time to time. Realistically what is a gold forum without any gold to show? May aswell pack up the dice and game and not even join a forum Smile   Just my thoughts. Cheers Dave.
avatar
bloodgold2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  slimpickens on Wed May 31, 2017 8:42 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:
Eureka Dreams wrote:
deutran wrote:Slim I think not many people are posting their finds.I have seen a fair bit of gold found but too many scammers around now and people don't trust anymore.


(......and people don`t trust anymore )

Well you got that part spot on Steve...there`s still plenty of gold to be found...but trust is unfortunately lacking!...I find that trust is highly overrated Shocked Smile I say trust your abilities and equipment to find gold.... trust yourself...repeat...repeat Smile Enjoy your detecting all as i certainly am cheers

Hi Eureka, I agree with the trust issue side of things,most have been burnt by somebody related to gold if they have been in the game awhile. You learn to dust yourself off and remind yourself not put yourself again through the feeling of disappointment and distrust. Having said that, it still does not dissuade me from posting SOME finds from time to time. Realistically what is a gold forum without any gold to show? May as well pack up the dice and game and not even join a forum Smile   Just my thoughts. Cheers Dave.


Well said Dave, cheers.

_________________
Chasing the Golden Goddess till the Bitch wears me out!
avatar
slimpickens
Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  Kon61gold on Wed May 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Nice batch of spci gold there Dave, Cheers.
Beautiful show of colour there NG. Well done & thanks for sharing your finds with us. Q36 cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11
avatar
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2447
Age : 56
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

-HAS-THE-GOLD-RUN-OUT

Post  Eureka Dreams on Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:
Eureka Dreams wrote:
deutran wrote:Slim I think not many people are posting their finds.I have seen a fair bit of gold found but too many scammers around now and people don't trust anymore.


(......and people don`t trust anymore )

Well you got that part spot on Steve...there`s still plenty of gold to be found...but trust is unfortunately lacking!...I find that trust is highly overrated Shocked Smile I say trust your abilities and equipment to find gold.... trust yourself...repeat...repeat Smile Enjoy your detecting all as i certainly am cheers

Hi Eureka, I agree with the trust issue side of things,most have been burnt by somebody related to gold if they have been in the game awhile. You learn to dust yourself off and remind yourself not put yourself again through the feeling of disappointment and distrust. Having said that, it still does not dissuade me from posting SOME finds from time to time. Realistically what is a gold forum without any gold to show? May aswell pack up the dice and game and not even join a forum Smile   Just my thoughts. Cheers Dave.

Thanks Dave,enjoyed your insightful comment..Yes well done to those finding and sharing their gold finds..


Last edited by Eureka Dreams on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Eureka Dreams
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Age : 65
Registration date : 2016-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  joe82 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:09 am

i see a post on facebook yesterday a pic of a young fella in WA holding a 117oz solid nugget Shocked anyone seen it is it real

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 650
Age : 35
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  deutran on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:37 pm

A bit more for the forum 10g.
avatar
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1566
Age : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:17 am

Good on ya Steve. Top going, well done. Q36 cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11
avatar
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2447
Age : 56
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  slimpickens on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Wombat wrote:  
And Slim I know that there is still gold out there. But who ever is putting more dirt out there between the gold, would stop. V41
wombat Wink

Interesting research being conducted by Kalgoorlie University


Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scientists at Kalgoorlie University have discovered  that the chemical AU (Gold) with an atomic number of 79 has a negative -  negative polarity and is indeed acting like a magnet with switched polarities and forever trying to stay away from other pieces of gold. Using high tech laboratory time lapse cameras, they have finally been able to show the "Gold Repulse Polarities" pulling the gold pieces apart, thus creating this huge gap between nuggets out in the fields. How this will help the local prospectors hasn't been discovered yet. Professor  Propupbar the head of the research team said " We are always trying to put new tools and ideas in the hands of the prospectors, and this new discovery goes a long way to explain the pathetic finds of so many hard working prospectors"









Skunk works- Kal



Last edited by slimpickens on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Chasing the Golden Goddess till the Bitch wears me out!
avatar
slimpickens
Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  Digginerup on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Well isn't science a wonderful thing eh Rolling Eyes , this goes a long way to explaining why there is so much dirt between the nuggets we find, forgive my scientific naivety but I was wondering if the learned Professor Propupbar and his esteemed colleagues have considered a way to reverse the polarity?, we could dispense with those pesky detectors and all this up hill and down valley nonsense, simply plant a few nuggets in gold bearing areas, return to camp and wait at the camp until near the end of the trip and then go out and collect the attracted ones Wink,   T06 once again we thank you slim for providing a bridge to the scientific world most of us laymen would not be privy to if it wasn't for educated men of your calibre.

Wayne. cheers
avatar
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2372
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  slimpickens on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:25 pm

Digginerup wrote:Well isn't science a wonderful thing eh Rolling Eyes , this goes a long way to explaining why there is so much dirt between the nuggets we find, forgive my scientific naivety but I was wondering if the learned Professor Propupbar and his esteemed colleagues have considered a way to reverse the polarity?, we could dispense with those pesky detectors and all this up hill and down valley nonsense, simply plant a few nuggets in gold bearing areas, return to camp and wait at the camp until near the end of the trip and then go out and collect the attracted ones Wink,   T06 once again we thank you slim for providing a bridge to the scientific world most of us laymen would not be privy to if it wasn't for educated men of your calibre.

Wayne. cheers

Reverse the polarity? scratch  Hmmm.....brilliant! I'll let the prof know, if that's ok with you? Don't worry Wayne, when it comes time to receive his Nobel prize, he won't forget to acknowledge whose shoulders he stood on to see so far ahead.


Last edited by slimpickens on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Chasing the Golden Goddess till the Bitch wears me out!
avatar
slimpickens
Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  goldchaser on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:32 pm

LOL slim,ive been to that uni a few times,i dont recall seeing any professors in there though......
avatar
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1265
Age : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

-has-the-gold-run-out

Post  bloodgold2 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Thanks Kon, and eureka dreams for your comments. Yeah guys, my pic was nothing special, there were a couple of solid bits, should have put a coin for reference. the long bit to the left at the front of the pic went over 6 grams, just to give viewers an idea of size. Nice finds neo geo,love the pics mate:D Good stuff deutran, keeping the dream alive for viewers. Yeah Joe now that you mention it, yep I seen that 2. Big congrats to the finder if it is the real ma coy. Slim that pic looks better than sleeping on the ground, bet a few stories of gold finds have been shown and told in that building Smile Hey GC, taken that dozer for a spin yet?  I also bought a new toy Very Happy
avatar
bloodgold2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  goldchaser on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:49 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:Thanks Kon, and eureka dreams for your comments. Yeah guys, my pic was nothing special, there were a couple of solid bits, should have put a coin for reference. the long bit to the left at the front of the pic went over 6 grams, just to give viewers an idea of size. Nice finds neo geo,love the pics mate:D Good stuff deutran, keeping the dream alive for viewers. Yeah Joe now that you mention it, yep I seen that 2. Big congrats to the finder if it is the real ma coy. Slim that pic looks better than sleeping on the ground, bet a few stories of gold finds have been shown and told in that building  Smile Hey GC, taken that dozer for a spin yet?  I also bought a new toy Very Happy

No might be a few months away yet BG,what did you buy,you were talking about a excavator at some stage,any pics?
avatar
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1265
Age : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

-has-the-gold-run-out

Post  bloodgold2 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Yeah mate forgot you were overseas living it up Smile  here is a couple of pics sitting at home before heading out to our mining tenements. Yet to buy a truck to transport, leaning more towards a tipper than a flat tray back as it then has multiple uses if the situation arises. Smile





Sorry slim if I have strayed off topic on your thread.
avatar
bloodgold2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  slimpickens on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:19 pm

bloodgold2 wrote: Y



Sorry slim if I have strayed off topic on your thread.

Are you kidding Dave? Working one of these excavators was always one of my unfulfilled dream jobs! The power, changing the earth's surface with a single lever...............would make ya feel like a God!


The more photos the merrier !


This is as big as i ever owned or played with. Sad



That's my niece Eleni at the controls, who was about 10 seconds away from balling her eyes out to be taken off.

It was named "Tinky" by another one of my nieces. Embarassed


Last edited by slimpickens on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
Chasing the Golden Goddess till the Bitch wears me out!
avatar
slimpickens
Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  hugh62 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:Yeah mate forgot you were overseas living it up Smile  here is a couple of pics sitting at home before heading out to our mining tenements. Yet to buy a truck to transport, leaning more towards a tipper than a flat tray back as it then has multiple uses if the situation arises. Smile





Sorry slim if I have strayed off topic on your thread.

   Mate I got a feeling your finding a lot more Gold than your letting on about ,or there's good money in writing books... T37  ... Razz ...  Mate she's a ripper , I dry hired a PC 5.5 last year ,very impressed ,jeez the little bugger could dig ,she's immaculate ,gotta be very low hours ??? ,no Q/H ?? ,yeah mate ,a 5 metre  tipper ?? a mate bought a SBR Isuzu 500 at auction online $15,000 last year ,V G Order  .Good combo too if u wanted to go contracting !!! 

 Errr sorry Slim ,I tend to get a bit excited when I see a bit of yellow ,mate u definetly got a great interlecttual mind there ,thou i'm a bit confused thou mate ,what happens when u cross polarity's ,negative - positive ,do u blow a fuse... T10
avatar
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Age : 55
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  slimpickens on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:33 pm

hugh62 wrote:
 Err sorry Slim ,I tend to get a bit excited when I see a bit of yellow ,mate u definitely got a great intellectual mind there ,thou i'm a bit confused thou mate ,what happens when u cross polarity's ,negative - positive ,do u blow a fuse... T10

Ha! That's a simple one Hugh..... I'm glad you asked.  What happens is this or thus. Confusion reigns, and the nuggets all scramble together in terror......... and that's why you sometimes find a patch. That's right, a patch is just huddled masses of confused nuggets hiding out in the safety of numbers. All with blown fuses and so giving off very weak signals that only a true master of the metal detector can err, detect.  T05

_________________
Chasing the Golden Goddess till the Bitch wears me out!
avatar
slimpickens
Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Has the gold run out?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum