Tibooburra Common sense ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Idigem on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Latest news is that as of the 1st June the cost of a permit to detect on the Tibooburra common
Will be $ 10.00 per month. So finally common sense prevails. But it as not made the gold
Any bigger, 0.03 this arvo bounce
Cheers Simmo

Idigem
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  granite2 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:29 pm

That is the same information I got last night. $50 a year will only impact locals. If we have to have a cost $10 a month makes more sense and will more easily be accepted by prospectors. Last time we were in Tibooburra, the year before last, we got most of our gold off the common.

The word is that this cost has not yet been ratified but should be so at the next committee meeting. Probably a month away. Apparently there will now be a representative from the DPI present to keep things on the right track.

As for the opening up of some of the National Park I haven't heard anything about how that is going for some time. Hopefully our next news about it will be positive.

Any news from IDIGEM regarding what is happening about the park, and about what is happening with the Stations and the proposed Tunnel Hill mine would be appreciated by members on here.

Cheers, Jim
avatar
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Idigem on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Jim, have not heard anything but will ask around.

Idigem
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Axtyr on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Polispeak at it's best.

Everyone thought they were going to be charged $15.00 a day to detect, now it is going to be $10.00 a month. What a bargain, just to detect on public land. If you are already paying for a miner's right or whatever you need in N.S.W. then it just adds up to another fee to detect. Every council within the gold districts might think about bringing in their own monthly detecting fee. I wouldn't be going there on principle. Just something to think about.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Digginerup on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Axtyr wrote:Polispeak at it's best.

Everyone thought they were going to be charged $15.00 a day to detect, now it is going to be $10.00 a month. What a bargain, just to detect on public land. If you are already paying for a miner's right or whatever you need in N.S.W. then it just adds up to another fee to detect. Every council within the gold districts might think about bringing in their own monthly detecting fee. I wouldn't be going there on principle. Just something to think about.

Regards Axtyr.

$10 a month  affraid  ...roughly 33 cents a day?.................. Geez Eloise!! your a hard man to please Rolling Eyes  

Wayne. cheers cheers
avatar
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2364
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Ringpull on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:28 pm

On a side note, can anybody advise me whether the road is sealed between Broken Hill and Tibooburra please?

Zol
avatar
Ringpull
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  UNCLE BOB on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Digginerup wrote:
Axtyr wrote:Polispeak at it's best.

Everyone thought they were going to be charged $15.00 a day to detect, now it is going to be $10.00 a month. What a bargain, just to detect on public land. If you are already paying for a miner's right or whatever you need in N.S.W. then it just adds up to another fee to detect. Every council within the gold districts might think about bringing in their own monthly detecting fee. I wouldn't be going there on principle. Just something to think about.

Regards Axtyr.

$10 a month  affraid  ...roughly 33 cents a day?.................. Geez Eloise!! your a hard man to please Rolling Eyes  

Wayne. cheers cheers

That is besides the point,  it is public land.
Public land is public land.
Don't you think we already pay taxes from every direction, left right and centre and council rates that are the highest in the world.
Get your head together........... scratch
avatar
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Travelergold on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:49 am

Totally agree with the above.
It is the principal.   
 If we just accept even an axtra pittance a day/month,  then it will surely become the normal and then will be $$$'s more in the future.

Travelergold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  mbasko on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:16 am

It's public land but it's under management of the Common Trust. Many of these land managers receive minimal, if any, funding & have costs such as up keeping any provided facilities/amenities, roads/tracks etc.
I've heard of Commons Trust members providing equipment & labour at their own cost to maintain tracks that have been wrecked by pinheads after rain etc. Obviously not all who do this type of thing are fossickers or maybe none at all are? The point is that there are costs involved just through normal/proper use & further unneeded costs from irresponsible users which affects everyone then.
$10/month is nothing. There are a few areas of Crown Land that are under management in my local area that charge that for day access & it doesn't seem to bother anyone here. Certainly doesn't bother me as they have well maintained recreational facilities & amenities (not just limited to fossicking). It's no hassle access to a lot of land really.

Here's something to consider! I know locally here the Greens try to grab any land coming up for review or if the current managing body is considering releasing the land back to the Crown. They try for anything - Commons, Travelling Stock Routes etc. Paying the $ 10/month or day or whatever the access fee to keep these managing bodies viable may not be the end of the world - in fact it may be what is needed to keep some of these places out of the hands of those who would prefer to see us locked out of them altogether!! Not saying it's right or wrong to charge a fee but the alternative may not be a good one.

Personally I see no problem with "user pays" type Crown Land if it's visible where the money is spent.

mbasko
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Idigem on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi Ring pull, The road from Broken hill is nearly all sealed only about 40 kms
Of gravel and it is pretty good.

Idigem
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  granite2 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:04 pm

With the cost of detecting on the common only to be about 33 cents a day I'm quite happy to pay. There must be costs to the common trust to maintain the place and it is a pretty big area. I have seen people doing the wrong thing such as very fast 4x4 driving and going off the track leaving tracks everywhere, but locals do it too. But all in all very few do the wrong thing.

Tibooburra is an iconic goldfield that anyone who doersn't visit at least once is missing out on some unique scenery. The mineralised zone from Mt Brown to just north of Tibooburra is an incredibly ancient land. Many times we will pause from our detecting and gaze at the view. As some wise person once said "gold is the thing of least value that comes out of a desert". I think many of those who have been there would agree.

Jim
avatar
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Digginerup on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:52 pm

granite2 wrote:With the cost of detecting on the common only to be about 33 cents a day I'm quite happy to pay. There must be costs to the common trust to maintain the place and it is a pretty big area. I have seen people doing the wrong thing such as very fast 4x4 driving and going off the track leaving tracks everywhere, but locals do it too. But all in all very few do the wrong thing.

Tibooburra is an iconic goldfield that anyone who doersn't visit at least once is missing out on some unique scenery. The mineralised zone from Mt Brown to just north of Tibooburra is an incredibly ancient land. Many times we will pause from our detecting and gaze at the view. As some wise person once said "gold is the thing of least value that comes out of a desert". I think many of those who have been there would agree.

Jim

T06 Just about how I see it Jim, never been there myself (hope to  Q10 ) but it looks like another piece of Aussie heaven  T14 , in a user pay world its a small price to pay, hopefully to contribute to the upkeep or hopefully even the betterment of the place, as for the F*#&wit fraternity   T02 that go out to **** it for everyone else they are everywhere and sometimes in alarming numbers, a pox on them!, Q22  report them if you can to the people who matter and hopefully they get what they deserve Rolling Eyes , as for council rates Bob, they are more than I would like to pay but if you can get yourself disconnected, get your own water, dispose of your own rubbish, process your own sewerage etc...for less than the rates you pay...which I doubt Wink, then that's how a bloke ought to go, until then.....................

Wayne cheers
avatar
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2364
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  rc62burke on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:07 am

UNCLE BOB wrote:
Digginerup wrote:
Axtyr wrote:Polispeak at it's best.

Everyone thought they were going to be charged $15.00 a day to detect, now it is going to be $10.00 a month. What a bargain, just to detect on public land. If you are already paying for a miner's right or whatever you need in N.S.W. then it just adds up to another fee to detect. Every council within the gold districts might think about bringing in their own monthly detecting fee. I wouldn't be going there on principle. Just something to think about.

Regards Axtyr.

$10 a month  affraid  ...roughly 33 cents a day?.................. Geez Eloise!! your a hard man to please Rolling Eyes  

Wayne. cheers cheers

That is besides the point,  it is public land.
Public land is public land.
Don't you think we already pay taxes from every direction, left right and centre and council rates that are the highest in the world.
Get your head together........... scratch

OMG Bob

Are you serious???? In NQ we can pay from $7.00 to $20 per day to detect on private property !!!
Like what has been said there is a cost incurred for everything that we do ! by us & by those that manage the area's that see an increased traffic flow by the user of an area, surely there must be some financial input by the user to maintain the area??
If there was no financial input it would surely be much easier to close the area down to reduce the impact of the upkeep on the local administrators which would mean less area for us folk to enjoy.

avatar
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2057
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Axtyr on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:31 am

rc62burke wrote:
UNCLE BOB wrote:
Digginerup wrote:
Axtyr wrote:Polispeak at it's best.

Everyone thought they were going to be charged $15.00 a day to detect, now it is going to be $10.00 a month. What a bargain, just to detect on public land. If you are already paying for a miner's right or whatever you need in N.S.W. then it just adds up to another fee to detect. Every council within the gold districts might think about bringing in their own monthly detecting fee. I wouldn't be going there on principle. Just something to think about.

Regards Axtyr.

$10 a month  affraid  ...roughly 33 cents a day?.................. Geez Eloise!! your a hard man to please Rolling Eyes  

Wayne. cheers cheers

That is besides the point,  it is public land.
Public land is public land.
Don't you think we already pay taxes from every direction, left right and centre and council rates that are the highest in the world.
Get your head together........... scratch

OMG Bob

Are you serious???? In NQ we can pay from $7.00 to $20 per day to detect on private property !!!
Like what has been said there is a cost incurred for everything that we do ! by us & by those that manage the area's that see an increased traffic flow by the user of an area, surely there must be some financial input by the user to maintain the area??
If there was no financial input it would surely be much easier to close the area down to reduce the impact of the upkeep on the local administrators which would mean less area for us folk to enjoy.


rc62burke

Any agreement you come to with a private land owner is between you and them. You seek to detect on private property specifically because you believe that it will hold more virgin ground and there is a much better chance of recouping your outlay. This is public land and belongs to the public. Here in Victoria we pay for our Miner's Right so should we also be charged a fee to access the goldfields. Councils and governments commandeer land for the "good of the people" and then we find out that we are no longer allowed access to that land for certain pursuits and recreations. It is public land and we are the public no matter what our chosen pursuit. It might be a measly pittance to pay for now but as has been shown in history how long before that mere pittance increases exponentially to the rate of inflation. If facilities are in place for the public, then why are prospectors the only ones to be charged a fee? Surely other people will be using the Common.

In the end it appears some people are more than happy to accept this fee and others are not.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  rc62burke on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:34 pm


rc62burke

Any agreement you come to with a private land owner is between you and them. You seek to detect on private property specifically because you believe that it will hold more virgin ground and there is a much better chance of recouping your outlay. This is public land and belongs to the public. Here in Victoria we pay for our Miner's Right so should we also be charged a fee to access the goldfields. Councils and governments commandeer land for the "good of the people" and then we find out that we are no longer allowed access to that land for certain pursuits and recreations. It is public land and we are the public no matter what our chosen pursuit. It might be a measly pittance to pay for now but as has been shown in history how long before that mere pittance increases exponentially to the rate of inflation. If facilities are in place for the public, then why are prospectors the only ones to be charged a fee? Surely other people will be using the Common.

In the end it appears some people are more than happy to accept this fee and others are not.

Regards Axtyr.[/quote]

Mate,
The figure is what the property charge not what I choose to negotiate, these are pay to detect places so they get a fair hammering!!!!! so NO chances are not that much greater of finding gold!

Here in QLD we also have to pay for a Fossickers permit, then on our PUBLIC land eg GPA's you need to pay for the privilege, you blokes are spoilt for access to good ground in NSW & VIC so any change to the norm in the way of fees & the "Bleating" begins! seriously you don't have to go to these places! But I would love to pay 33c per day to enjoy the hobby, hell I could recoupe that with a humble gold pan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
avatar
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2057
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Axtyr on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Lee.

I feel sorry for the plight of the prospector in Queensland if that is the way things are in your state. I have no knowledge of what the prospector has to put up with in any of the other states, and I don't think it is fair that you pay for your licence and then pay to get access to any public land.

I later thought that I should have added that I have never been to Tibooburra, nor am I likely to ever get up there although I did have a desire to go there in the late 80's.

It is indeed unfortunate if you have to pay for public land access, and on top of that the landholders are cashing in on their ownership of the goldfields. Here in Victoria we have a lot of public land available but the bureaucrats are trying their best to take it from us and then we won't even be able to pay for the privilege.

My original post was meant to be in regard to how the bureaucrats get their way whilst making you think you have had a win. Make the restrictions or fees exorbitant then lessen the blow so you feel that you are much better off than what was originally proposed. Once the knife is in then it's just a matter of time before the entire blade is all the way in. It may not be the case with Tibooburra.

Regards Axtyr.


Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Ringpull on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Idigem wrote:Hi Ring pull, The road from Broken hill is nearly all sealed only about 40 kms
Of gravel and it is pretty good.

Thanks Idigem. I was hoping to visit Tibooburra this year but as I tow an on-road caravan I didn’t want it destroyed by the roads. You’ve allayed my fears and I should be there late July or August hoping that the nuggets will jump out of the ground as I walk over them … yer right!

$10 for the privilege? Hmmm, I guess it’s a pitance if the return is worth it.
avatar
Ringpull
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:12 pm

It sounds good to me, I don't think I would begrudge the committee $10- a month. I agree with Jim it is God's own country up there. I hope we get into the park so we contiue to have a good excuse to go there.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Road,

Post  hoadlies on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Ringpull wrote:On a side note, can anybody advise me whether the road is sealed between Broken Hill and Tibooburra please?

Zol
Hi zol ok the road is about 3/4, bitumin now the rest is not too bad was there 4 weeks ago..
Cheers barry..
avatar
hoadlies
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-13

Back to top Go down

TIBB GOLD is scarce

Post  hoadlies on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:26 pm

HI ALL ,I have been to Tibooburra 4 times now & it has very little gold to be found ,now after years & years of detecting & the 2300,s are the only detectors finding sub grammers..[on the common] ,If you go to MT stuart & Gum vale would be more chance ,Gumvale is $10.00 per detector per day MT stuart is $15.00 per detector per day..
Inquire at Corner store & the 2 story pub to go to those areas..
BEST of luck & yes $10.00 is a very sensible price to pay,as the cost of getting there is very high [fuel-etc]
I must add that TJ,s Roadhouse & caravan park is TOPS ,very,very, friendly & well run By MAVIS &JOHN..Post,office ,Fuel,groceries,&Take away. very clean premises..
CHEERS From BARRY,in SA.. Smile


Last edited by hoadlies on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
avatar
hoadlies
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  WF2.0 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:15 pm


Changed post..

WF2.0
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2016-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Jen on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:34 pm


_________________
Be happy everyone Lifes to short

Cheers jen.
avatar
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibooburra Common sense ?

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:40 pm

sweet. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum