just how good is this 7000

View previous topic View next topic Go down

just how good is this 7000

Post  kevlorraine2 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:30 pm

hi all, i was out yesterday with the 7000 and got blown away with what happened -----

i went to a well know, flogged to death, spot where i had previously found small nugs up to 1.5grams at various depths down to 12 inches.
but the soil profile meant there was no obvious "bottom".

as i had read the may gold gem and treasure mag with the story at page 6, and got  intrigued with the operators useing volume at 18 while in difficult mode, i was interested in seeing what happened when i tried useing  high volume in normal mode.  i use normal all the time and put up with the unstable interference, which i keep under a degree of control with regular pumping of the coil.

well blow me away.  the hotspot where i have found nugs up to one and a half grammes and down up to 12 inches.  produced again.
in a area of only four square meters i got a .4grammer, straight up, down a measured 15 inches. useing these settings --- high yield, normal, sensitivity 19, volume 18, maximum volume 14,  smoothing off, tone for me is always 74, threshold at 23 (or with bogene at 1, it doesnt seem to make much difference).

so it had proved the story in GGAT magazine.  i had to sit and think about this for awhile. then with my broad grin under control i had another crack at it, and only 2 feet away, right next to a filled in hole of mine, i eventually pulled out the biggest nugget of the spot of 2.25grams, down a whopping 18inches.
the intereference noise could only be described as "unbearable", but what the heck, i knew there was gold under my feet, and with much pumping of the coil, i was able to identify a slight wavering of the threshold. i couldnt be sure they were  targets until i was down 4 to 6 inches.  confirming -  it was a simple matter of lowering the volume to 14, which gave me an identifible  target sound.

in a three hour session, that totally wore me out in that two by two meter area i pulled out 6 pieces of rough gold (reefie stuff, no quartz).  
the 2.25 was followed by a .2 down about 6 inches, and a .6 and .8, both down over a foot.  total of 4.25grammes in a totally worn out spot, i thought. two tree root responses, and a couple of ground noises and hot rocks, kept me quessing.

WOW, talk about abusing a beautiful machine and getting results, but as JP is on record as saying ---- DONT BE AFRAID TO EXPERIEMENT ... kev

P.S. thank you macol and missus for your story in GGAT at page 6, may issue.

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Re: just how good is this 7000

Post  peterinaust on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Good story, and interesting. Have just the spot to try that out.

Cheers Peter.

peterinaust
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanks for sharing Kev, great results. cheers Pete.
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:04 pm

My experience yesterday, Last day to detect for this trip. Found a patch in an area no bigger than my 14ft caravan, got 34 nuggies from it. When the nuggies dried up I thought, What about giving normal a go on the patch, Straight away I got a signal, switched back to HY/D and no response, Back to normal and a good clear dig me signal, About 6" down out pops a 0.4g nuggie, Got another 7 nuggies, checked HY/D with them all, 5 of them not hearable in HY/D until I scrapped of some ground. 1 was just questionable knowing a signal was there and 1 I just plain missed, Total of 42 nuggies from a small area weighing in at 26.7g, What a way to finish the trip. Biggest being 6g and smallest being 0.1g.  Moral of the story, Try normal more often.  P.S. Not finished with this particular patch, re-camouflaged it for next time
Must add : Using normal in this particular spot worked brilliantly, The ground liked normal, No extra noise just signals booming through. Made me think how lucky are those that can use normal all the time. Moved about 20 metres away from the patch and Normal was very hard work to use ( Squealing at every movement and in some spots like a relic detector in all metal mode in a trashy area ) Going to do a lot more experimenting with normal from now on !

Thanks kevlorriane2 for posting this up ( Will try the pumping to calm the "Normal" savage beast )

Must get the GG&T Mag And read the article.

Cheers
Ashley

Last edited by Ash100456 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top