Nix Deteknix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nix Deteknix

Post  slimpickens on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi all, had a problem with the Deteknix wireless system today on the SDC. After 3 hours use, it stopped working suddenly, but the lights in the tx and rx were still on. Both units were fully charged this morning. I turned both off for about 5 minutes and then turned them on and it started working again as normal. Anyone know why? :? scratch  :
PS.  No gold today, in this really nice looking gully, only 5 shotgun pellets damn it, I hate leaving without even a crumb. I'll go back with the Zed and give it a good thrashing. Mad

Management

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Nix Deteknix

Post  goldchaser on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:58 pm

slimpickens wrote:Hi all, had a problem with the Deteknix wireless system today on the SDC. After 3 hours use, it stopped working suddenly, but the lights in the tx and rx were still on. Both units were fully charged this morning. I turned both off for about 5 minutes and then turned them on and it started working again as normal. Anyone know why? :? scratch  :
PS.  No gold today, in this really nice looking gully, only 5 shotgun pellets damn it, I hate leaving without even a crumb. I'll go back with the Zed and give it a good thrashing. Mad

You didnt go 3hrs without a signal slim,i ask this cause ive got the new garrett z link,i took it back because every half hr or so it would shut down(the sender),the dealer didnt know about it but it automatically shuts off at 30 mins if there is no signal sent(to save batteries),pretty annoying in some areas in wa,he said just wave ya pick over detector every 20 mins or so to overide it,second time out im sure i did this often enough  but it was still shutting down,next time out i'll test it again before i maybe return it not so politely Very Happy
So anyway im wondering if the deteknix might have a similar feature,if i have no joy with the z-link i was thinking of getting the deteknix.....
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:12 pm

You might be onto something GC. The Gpzed wireless turns off after 10 minutes of non use as well. I would still recommend the Deteknix, it has worked flawlessly for over a year. with no lag time that I am aware of.

Say yes, Say yes,  Say yes,  Say yes (secret message to GC)

Last edited by slimpickens on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  RegolithRick on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:04 am

My Detenix are dead now. Turn each on separately and they both flash but when there both on at the same time the senders light just freezes. No signal sound from the detector at all. I've tried unplugging both batteries from the units, tried sinking the units again but nothing seems to work. Out of warranty now so ill have to get something else. After reading about the Garrets I don't think I'll bother with them plus some of these units that are purpose built for detecting are overpriced in my opinion for what they are. I think the detenix units are sensibly priced but seeing that mine have given me trouble with broken wires as well ill try something else. The Detenix would be better if the wire was not fixed but a replaceable plug in wire like other units have.

Was looking at these options:

JOYO JW-01 Wireless Audio Transmitter Receiver System Guitar Bass Electric Tool - $96.50
Xvive U2 Black Guitar Wireless System - $179

The Xvive have a lag time of only 6 ms

There are a couple of other units that are cheaper but id want to know the delay/lag time before buying

RegolithRick
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:58 pm

G,day RegolithRick, I would persist with another set of Deteknix myself, they are that cheap. I cut tiny strips of duct tape and reinforced all the wire entry points into the units. Also I don't let the RX unit dangle, I put it in a little knife pouch. Harry

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  RegolithRick on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi slimpickens, For the receiver, I use velcro to fasten to the shaft and the sender I ended up attaching it to a clip that I attached to my belt. That stopped putting unnecessary stress on the wires. The problem is still that they don't work. So i don't think I'd buy another pair.

RegolithRick
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Hopefully you will find something with more solidly built connecting wires. Cheers

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum